shuttlecock XXIV: it's the little swings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose you could say Out of Control refers indirectly to a specific date, 10 May 1978.

Thing is, Bono's anecdote about writing it on his eighteenth birthday is... taking liberties. "Monday morning, eighteen years of dawning" might be a nice opening lyric but 10 May 1978 was a Wednesday.

I suppose you could say Out of Control refers indirectly to a specific date, 10 May 1978.

Thing is, Bono's anecdote about writing it on his eighteenth birthday is... taking liberties. "Monday morning, eighteen years of dawning" might be a nice opening lyric but 10 May 1978 was a Wednesday.
That lying piece of shit. I revoke my fandom.

Bono has apparently been thinking of ways to make him appear even older than the granny glasses made him look, and by golly he's done it

https://youtu.be/w1_DKs0lDEQ

live shot of bono preparing to record his next message:

47325ca514d1b579bc826dd96729b394.jpg

Apropos of nothing, I was drunk a couple of weeks back and took furious notes to try to figure out what an ideal U2 setlist would be if they stuck solely to their 90s material. I was riffing on the idea of them trying to tour an Achtung Baby anniversary similar to the Joshua Tree, and I eventually landed on the idea of them just dedicating it solely to the decade, which would naturally bring in most of the Achtung Baby tracks anyway.

Here's what I landed on:

(Intro: Numb)
1. Zoo Station
2. The Fly
3. Gone
4. Last Night on Earth
5. Until the End of the World
6. Dirty Day
7. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
8. Miami
9. Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World
10. North and South of the River
11. Stay
12. The Wanderer
13. Your Blue Room
14. Zooropa
15. Even Better than the Real Thing
16. Mysterious Ways
17. One
(Intermission: Lemon)
18. Mofo
19. Discotheque
20. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
21. Please
(Intermission: Miss Sarajevo)
22. Ultraviolet
23. Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
24. Acrobat
25. Love Is Blindness

A few notes on the thought process:

- Since this is in the mold of the present day, Lemon isn't an option since Bono can't sing it any longer. I took advantage of their recent use of their own songs as intermission pieces, and threw that in there along with Miss Sarajevo. I think it's tired out and fits in well as a pre-recorded piece because of the Pavarotti part, plus I kind of have to have it in there somewhere if I'm allowing Your Blue Room. And I really like the idea of Your Blue Room leading into Zooropa, so I wanted to keep that. I initially thought Numb might be an intermission thing, but I actually think it might make more sense as an intro piece before Zoo Station, filling the role that We Will Rock You item did on Zoo TV.

- There is no acoustic set, but I did group a pseudo "B-stage" type set up with the stretch from Tryin' to Throw to The Wanderer. Four songs with simple arrangements that don't require a lot of visuals.

- The second intermission is made up of all songs that Bono can do as MacPhisto. That apparently is a pre-requisite for him to do Acrobat at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom