shuttlecock XXIV: it's the little swings - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2019, 06:32 PM   #201
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:20 AM

lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 07:21 PM   #202
Refugee

Local Time: 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Serious question tho who here isn’t Irish

I’m Sicilian with a tiny bit of French.

Joey788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 09:41 PM   #203
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey788 View Post
a tiny bit of French.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:30 PM   #204
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:20 AM
I"m a German Danish
U2inUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 03:18 AM   #205
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:20 PM
Bono likes danishes.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 01:19 PM   #206
Blue Crack Addict

exclusive video of axver preparing for his battle with headache at the upcoming U2 "don't play anything written after 1990 or this will flop" aus-pacific tour:

DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 01:21 PM   #207
Blue Crack Supplier

"Skip" was hoping to make off with Ax's stash of Foster's.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 01:23 PM   #208
Blue Crack Addict

i honestly can't think of a better name for a kangaroo than "skip".
Old 03-12-2019, 02:13 PM   #209
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
i honestly can't think of a better name for a kangaroo than "skip".
How about "Cobbler"?
Old 03-12-2019, 02:23 PM   #210
Blue Crack Addict

i think that one's more appropriate for a platypus.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:31 PM   #211
Blue Crack Supplier

Or a donko.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:31 AM   #212
45:33

Local Time: 06:20 PM
So today was the worst day I've had for my anxiety in probably three or four years.

I'm sure I've said this before but I've got generalised anxiety disorder, but I've worked so goddamn hard on my mental health in the past few years, and I've got it under control, and I'm genuinely the happiest and most successful I've ever been. And that's amazing. I'm on meds, I have a monthly psych appointment, and I've developed so many strategies for combating my anxiety that it honestly hasn't been that much of an issue in the last couple of years.

Today though my anxiety fucking hit me like 15 tonnes of bricks, and I had absolutely the worst day I've had in at least three years. It got triggered off I think because of some significant changes I'm undergoing with regards to my career and how that intersects with my passions.

Luckily, I am dating the single-most supportive human being on the planet, and she sat down with me for an hour or so and held a safe space for me to express what I needed to. And after about an hour, I felt better.

I cried slightly, but when we'd finished, I noted that I needed to cry more. I needed to cry to just release all of the fucking emotions that have been wrapped in my head for the last few months.

I knew that if I wanted to really go there, there was something that was going to work, and that was U2.

I've criticised modern U2 here many times of course.

But no band or artist, before, since, now, or in the future will ever speak to my soul like U2 does.

I went on Youtube and played One from ZooTV and just fucking wept. I sat in my bed, with my wine, next to my incredibly supportive girlfriend, and I just fucking lost it. I let out all of the fucking emotions that had been building up over the past few weeks and months and just fucking felt myself and fucking cried. And it felt so good to just release that shit, it was like shedding weights that I've been carrying for a few months.

And I'm not out of the woods yet, but I'm ok, and that's all that matters right in this moment.

I fucking love U2 more than anything aside from my partner, my family and friends. U2 has been there for me for like 15 years and I'm so grateful that I've had a crutch to lean on in all of that time.

Thank you, U2.
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:47 AM   #213
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:20 AM
Stay safe, Cobbler. Don't get the anxious bastards grind you down.

djerdap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:54 AM   #214
Blue Crack Supplier

Be well.
Keep your girlfriend close, don't rely on the wine, and if you really need to cry,

put on Get Out of Your Own Way, thinking about how the band you/we all love became that is enough to make anybody cry.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:56 AM   #215
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
So today was the worst day I've had for my anxiety in probably three or four years.

I'm sure I've said this before but I've got generalised anxiety disorder, but I've worked so goddamn hard on my mental health in the past few years, and I've got it under control, and I'm genuinely the happiest and most successful I've ever been. And that's amazing. I'm on meds, I have a monthly psych appointment, and I've developed so many strategies for combating my anxiety that it honestly hasn't been that much of an issue in the last couple of years.

Today though my anxiety fucking hit me like 15 tonnes of bricks, and I had absolutely the worst day I've had in at least three years. It got triggered off I think because of some significant changes I'm undergoing with regards to my career and how that intersects with my passions.

Luckily, I am dating the single-most supportive human being on the planet, and she sat down with me for an hour or so and held a safe space for me to express what I needed to. And after about an hour, I felt better.

I cried slightly, but when we'd finished, I noted that I needed to cry more. I needed to cry to just release all of the fucking emotions that have been wrapped in my head for the last few months.

I knew that if I wanted to really go there, there was something that was going to work, and that was U2.

But no band or artist, before, since, now, or in the future will ever speak to my soul like U2 does.

I went on Youtube and played One from ZooTV and just fucking wept. I sat in my bed, with my wine, next to my incredibly supportive girlfriend, and I just fucking lost it. I let out all of the fucking emotions that had been building up over the past few weeks and months and just fucking felt myself and fucking cried. And it felt so good to just release that shit, it was like shedding weights that I've been carrying for a few months.

And I'm not out of the woods yet, but I'm ok, and that's all that matters right in this moment.

I fucking love U2 more than anything aside from my partner, my family and friends. U2 has been there for me for like 15 years and I'm so grateful that I've had a crutch to lean on in all of that time.

Thank you, U2.
Rooting for you, man. Anxiety is a bitch.
prbiker15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:35 AM   #216
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post

Thank you, U2.
Hang in there, bud. I've also used their music as a balm when I've had physical or mental ailments, and I know we felt the power together at that JT show on multiple occasions.

I would have gone with the Popmart version of One post-Hutchence death, but you do you.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:47 AM   #217
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:20 AM
Even more recent U2 has helped me through. Lights Of Home is a good representation of my healing process from the past year.

Cob, keep kicking homie.
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:23 PM   #218
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:20 AM
laz...."I would have gone with the Popmart version of One post-Hutchence death, but you do you."

I just watched that.... Just a heartbreaking performance...

Cob.. Hang in there buddy...

And if, and if the night runs over
And if the day won't last
And if your way should falter
Along the stony pass
It's just a moment, this time will pass
YBORCITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:24 PM   #219
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Cobbz, I am sending you my support. I have been diagnosed with OCD, and it has been particularly bad the past few weeks too. That's wonderful that you have so many tools to keep yourself out of the grips of anxiety, but yeah, it's only human to fall apart once in awhile. Glad U2 and your lovely girlfriend could be there for you.

With modern U2, Lights of Home gets me in the mood to cry, as does Iris. Seems like U2 has a song for any occasion, except maybe getting krunk in da club. Hang in there, Pappy!
HeartlandGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 02:37 PM   #220
Blue Crack Distributor

Echoing the support. Anxiety is the fucking worst.

It's great to find that joy again. The past few years, I've found myself not enjoying music like I had in the past - even the stuff I loved wasn't really igniting that spark.

It's finally recently started to come back - not sure if it's a shift in my work stress (finally on an upswing, yay), or my recent increase in daily meds, or a combination of both, but I fell like I'm finally *getting it* again.

(I've also found the sweet spot in my weekend recreational activities, where half an indica joint + wine = the absolute sweet spot of relaxation and enjoying music. But I usually have to avoid U2, as every song has just too many memories tied to it, and I'll focus too much on that stuff instead of just enjoying the music. But the joy is in my everyday moments of hearing music as well, so I'm thankful to realize it's not a crutch!)

Hang in there. Having a loved one who provides the perfect support goes a looooong way.

corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote