Shuttlecock XIII - Super Deluxe Edition with T-Shirt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last three songs are the pinnacle of U2.

I agree about Bono. There was a depth in Bono's voice on Achtung that hasn't been there since. His singing was emotive without being over-the-top.

Yep. It's his best album in my opinion. Even on the more 'rock' songs like UTEOTW or The Fly, he still imbues them with so much palpable emotion.

The last three songs are the pinnacle of U2.

I agree about Bono. There was a depth in Bono's voice on Achtung that hasn't been there since. His singing was emotive without being over-the-top.

:up: It's a shame "Love Is Blindness" hasn't been played since ZOOTV. Incredible song. Ultraviolet and Acrobat are obviously top notch as well (easily top 15 U2 songs), but LIB is maybe the best song they've ever made IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Achtung Baby was such a good headphones album. I listened to it a lot at night on my discman. That's how I listened to a lot of music in 1992 when I was developing my musical tastes and listened privately because it felt weird talking to patents about music.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It's pretty funny. Until modern-day Bono starts giving the younger Bono advice. Maybe they wouldn't suck as much if it was the other way round. I'll take mullet Bono thanks.

two minutes of very quick research reveals it to be a conference full of extremely rich white people. what a match made in heaven. look forward a truncated One and acoustic EBW.

This will shock you guys, but the last version of that conference was last month in Philadelphia and had U2 been there, I would have been able to attend through work.

So where's the new album?

;)

Have you checked your phone lately?

kg-1903-compact-dry-cell-1.jpg

two minutes of very quick research reveals it to be a conference full of extremely rich white people. what a match made in heaven. look forward a truncated One and acoustic EBW.

And a 5 second look at the EYIKW forum reveals

The Dreamforce concert is a charity fundraiser for Benioff Children's Hospitals in San Francisco and Oakland

But yeah...SELL OUTS.

She raises a perfectly valid point though, doesn't she?

You can't exactly scream sellouts when given the context that the concert is held to raise money for charity.

I suppose it's sort of valid if you squint a bit, I guess it's just the history of being a roving defender on call against any criticism whatsoever of the band. We don't owe them shit.

I guess Cobl4's feeling, and mine really, would be how does one muster the effort to even bother with U2 anymore?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom