Shuttlecock XIII - Super Deluxe Edition with T-Shirt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed the conversations and couldn't figure out how anyone was drawing any sort of judgement from, if chatter was to be believed, pretty low-quality snippets of songs.

The quality of the clip today wasn't as bad as the earlier clips released years ago. I guess that's just advancements in phone tech. Obviously it still wasn't a good enough clip to get a gauge on how the song sounds. But I was able to make out some lyrics and a general idea of how the song might sound. I'm sure we'll get more leaks soon.. Time is drawing near.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I seem to recall a beach clip of Beautiful Day in the summer of 2000, right around the time I joined Interference. I remember the excitement generated by that one clip.

(Have I really been here 16 years? :crack:)

I recall numerous "beach clips" related jokes being made when I first met Martha and Joyful on the In Rainbows tour.

Heh, I never seen these, but I read about them for years - the Spitting Image parody of U2 in 1987... (They also provided the imagery for the Genesis "Land of Confusion" video from 1986..)

Best line is "I stand in deserts with a bunch of pricks" which is kind of funny.

I've been listening to the "baby" disc from the Achtung anniversary set for the first time in a few years. Forgot how different some of the versions were. It's crazy how much listenable content came out of demos from those sessions.

I dig the Baby version of Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses. A bit more jangly, strings which aren't in the album version. The vocals aren't as prominent (probably more of a mixing issue than a deliberate choice) which kind of helps gives it a dream-like vibe. Still prefer the album version but I like hearing how it could've been different.

The opening line 'You're innocence I'm experience' means it has no chance of being played when the tour resumes.

I kind of like it. Not sure if it's going to be on SOE. Just seems like a one off collaboration or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom