Share your original music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been toying around with the same set of songs for the past year and a half, and I only have about 8 tracks to show for it. However, four more are in the process of being written, and those, along with a couple more, will make up the content of my new album.

The album, Cherry Blossom Avenue (a metaphor for every relationship's immaculate, highly romantic beginnings, as well as a tribute to sunshine pop), has gone through a few conceptual changes; originally, it was to sound as if it were released in 1966, full of brash rockabilly, swooning R&B, and proto-jangle pop, along with a few psychedelic excursions. Now, it's largely a tribute to classic rock and power pop, with the psychedelic elements permeating the production more than the songs themselves.

Influences include The Beatles, Simon & Garfunkel, The Byrds, Donovan, Neil Young, Big Star, Cheap Trick, Teenage Fanclub and Boston.

This is the first single from the album, Northern Star:

Disinfectant Trifecta - Northern Star

It's not the highest quality version of the track; you can go to our myspace for that, as well as a couple other tracks from the album: http://www.myspace.com/disinfectanttrifecta

Whew! I was wanting to share my stuff with the people here ( I've been creeping around here for almost a decade!) and not get reamed! Here's my blog with a few songs on the page...

Cricky and The Turtle

Thanks!

DJ Mark Baker - Solarize [House/Techno] my free dj mix

After a ton of hard work,
and in celebration of my birthday (May 29th)......

I present a new mix for 2010!

Just in time for summer!

Big ups to Mike Ryan for help with the cover art and general all round DJ guidance!

4647720420_26c52ed801.jpg

Right Click/Save As

Solarize - DJ Mark Baker

1. Fatboy Slim - Champion Sound - (Acapella)
2. DJ Hell - The DJ (Paul Woolford's Blackout Mix- Bakerboy Edit)
3. Lex Da Funk - Sex Fame Money (Bakerboy Edit)
4. Blacktron - D.A.L.
5. SQL - Distorted Reality
6. Paolo Mojo, Jim Rivers - Ron Hardy Said
7. Popof - Blow Me Down
8. Brett Johnson, Dave Barker - Stucco Homes (D's 12 inch Edit)
9. Hermanez - Soms
10.Fergie - Ra6. garoo (Jus' Phil Remix)
11. Sebastien Leger - Snapshot
12. Green Velvet, Kid Sister - Everybody Wants
13. Spirit Catcher - Future Fools
14. Funkagenda - Afterclub feat. Big Ed
15. Pitto - Feelin' - Joris Voorn Can't Cick This Feelin' When It Hits Mix
16. Passion Pit - The Reeling (Dean Coleman Bakerboy Edit)

www.djmarkbaker.com

hey im in a band and this is a song we recently recorded :)

i wasn that happy with the recording after listening but oh well

thats me on the acoustic guitar and vocals

the rest is my friends we are a 4 piece and we are called 'ninth neighbourhood'

tell me what you think if you can be bothered listening :wave:

YouTube - simple way

^ That's actually pretty good. I'll be honest and say that the vocals are pretty similar of what we hear today and you seemed kind of bored but musically the song is very nice. I advise you to establish your band on last.fm if you haven't already. :)

yeah it probably is but all friends and that around my age are mostly on facebook compared to last fm ohwell
and when you said i seemed bored do you mean the vocal peformance or the melody?
thanks

More so the vocal, however it would be well suited to the shoegazer genre of music. I thought the melody was fine.

I've really gotten to work lately on getting my band's social networking up to speed. We were only on myspace forever, but now we have several pages, including a last.fm page with most of our catalogue made downloadable:

Disinfectant Trifecta on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Disinfectant Trifecta | Facebook
Disinfectant Trifecta – Free listening, videos, concerts, stats, & pictures at Last.fm
Albums by Disinfectant Trifecta - Rate Your Music

Anyway, any feedback you guys can offer would be awesome.

Rock Band - The Fade

The Fade is an unsigned rock band from Fife Scotland

Heres the a link to my bands page

Heavily influenced by U2 and Muse

The Fade

Go to the band profile tab and listen to "Escape" it's the most U2 sounding..it even has a shimmer effect in it.

Hey folks. I'm a producer of psychedelic experimental electronic music. It doesn't sound like U2 at all - hell, it's not even rock music - but I'm a U2 fan, and I like it, so maybe the general "you" will, too. It's a bit in the Fennesz/MBV/Eno/Spiritualized territory, but not really...I try to fight influences off like they're an illness.

I suggest you download them (for free) and listen to them on your own time, on headphones. I hear chemicals can help!

Hollow Island

"The Red Forest" (Self Inflicted)...

Hey all!!!! Id really really love for you guys to check out my music and see what you think!!! (Since were all U2 fans i think you MIGHT like the music) U2 is a huge inspiration on my music as are a few other select bands.. but i would really love to hear what you all think! Here is a link to a website called Nibuster.. this link will take you directly to my page where you can hear a few songs all the way through... there are 12 songs total however on the album.. i just got put on itunes as well as amazon too which is very exciting to me!!! Check the songs out... leave me some feedback if you don't mind!!! Thanks everybody!!! Have a great night!!

Brad

Brad Bowlin

Just click on my name ^^^

YouTube - simple way

Dude really nice! I actually really enjoyed this song. It has a Radiohead sort of feel to it imo. The singing does have a little bit of a "bored" type of feel to them. But it's not terribly bad. :up: Great job!

YouTube - simple way
I too really enjoyed that. That's a nice sound you guys have dug out there. How old are you guys?

Well it finally uploaded!

YouTube - Mystery Girl (Original) [Demo]

Mystery Girl is just an original that I composed a while back in October and finished off the vocals (which are still rough) tonight. I won't go on too much but I think this song has major potential. I may end up re-doing the whole song, besides the intro, and get a more rockier type feel from it and pick from either version to use on my next album.

The intro sound is a guitar and is based on Edge's guitar sound on "Lemon". Didn't quite nail it but I ended up with something interesting anyway. And yes the drums are a little off as Garageband is shit when it comes to recording drums MIDI or with a keyboard. Sorry bout that.

Lyrics:

Yesterday I went looking for you
I found you standing there
You were all alone, you wanted to go home

And it's you that I'm looking to
Mystery
And it's all that I want
Mystery

Discovering all the hope in your eyes
Shining bright
It's burning like a fire in the night
I'd like to hold it forever

Mystery
It's you that I want
Mystery
And it's all that I want
Mystery
It's you that I'm looking to
Mystery

Sometimes I wonder do you even notice me, notice me
Then you run off and flow into the sea

Mystery
It's you that I want
Mystery
It's you that I'm looking to
Mystery girl

Oh you
Oh you
Oh you
Oh you

The Fade is an unsigned rock band from Fife Scotland

Heres the a link to my bands page

Heavily influenced by U2 and Muse

The Fade

Go to the band profile tab and listen to "Escape" it's the most U2 sounding..it even has a shimmer effect in it.

I really like the beat in Dead Another Day and how everything converges around it, also the guitar in Blake's Choice.

So real quickly I'd like to share this original piece (and get a little feedback) I re-recorded this weekend after jamming it out with my band. It's heavily influenced by both U2 and the Doves. It is pretty much just guitar, bass, drums, and vocals. Don't worry about me in the video :lol:, I feel really silly after filming that and putting it up.

YouTube - Abandoned (New Session Version)

Lyrics:

Out of breath, out of pace
And fear shown on your face
Your eyes are open wide
And yet I am so surprised

So don't think that I don't care
Just know that I do
But something was in the way of me and you

And we're trying hard
To figure this all out
What's our life about
We will scream, we will shout