Ryan Adams - Easy Tiger, Cardinology, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got back from the show. Hands down, the second best live show I've ever seen!!!

It was amazing. Ryan is at the top of his game voice wise. His playing(although he didn't play every song) was pretty close to his best as well.

Didn't play much off the first two albums, and didn't play anything off of RnR. Suprisingly played a lot of 29.

You never once saw the man's face. The band sat in one line being backlit the whole night. There was one odd moment when Ryan got up and stood center stage in front to sing Goodnight Hollywood Boulevard, the only song he stood for...

Sobriety has done some good things for Ryan, but I do miss the old days of banter, not once did he acknowledge the audience...

If he had, it may have been #1 of all time...

^It might be worth the 2 hour drive since I missed his Sommerville Theater show last month, but I assume he'll hit up the Boston area again sometime soon.

Oh my gosh!

~~~

Ryan Adams & The Cardinals Add Fall US Tour Dates:

September 22nd – Ann Arbor, MI – Michigan Theater

September 24th – Kalamazoo, MI – State Theater

September 25th – Milwaukee, WI – The Riverside

September 27th – Minneapolis, MN – State Theater

October 1st – Iowa City, IA – Main Lounge

All shows go on sale this weekend. Watch ryan-adams.com for ticketing information, including pre-sales. Stay tuned for more fall show announcements in the coming weeks.

This is probably the most annoying itinerary announcement I've ever been associated with.

Announce all the dates at once like a normal artist.

9/16/07
Northampton, MA
Northampton Academy of Music in Northampton

Presale: this friday at 10am EST.

inmyplace13 said:

Announce all the dates at once like a normal artist.

Why does it bother you so much?:huh: Everyone is trying new things these days to curve scalpers and other issues, I have a feeling we'll see a lot more of this from more indie artists.

my train to LA leaves tomorrow early as fuck, but I can't wait, the show is tomorrow night , plus I have a paid four day weekend of record shopping, hanging out with my boyfriend and seeing ryan adams. it's gonna be quite splendid!

Our internet has been dicey at work lately, so I took the morning off to stay home for the pre-sale. It paid off!! I got two tickets for Ann Arbor (main floor, right, row E) and two tickets for Kalamazoo (main floor, center, row B). :hyper: :faint:

Red Cave Shows:

Heading to any of the following Ryan Adams & The Cardinals shows?

July 21st – Santa Cruz, CA – The Catalyst

July 24th – Berkeley, CA – Berkeley Community Theatre

July 30th – Boise, ID – Big Easy Concert House

August 3rd – Morrison, CO – Red Rocks Amphitheatre

Be prepared for the Red Cave

Note Regarding the August 2nd Boulder, CO Fox Theater Show:

This show is part of the AAA Radio Convention. Ryan Adams & The Cardinals will perform a 50 minute set beginning at 9:30pm. Other acts on the bill include Paula Cole and Sarah Bareilles.

FYI, just in case:

Blue Cave = Acoustic
Red Cave = Electric

"Ryan Adams & The Cardinals' postponed show on July 10th has now been rescheduled:

New Date:
Thursday, September 13
The Paramount Theater
Doors: 7pm

All tickets to the July 10 show will be honored. Ticket holders who cannot attend the
September 13 show can receive a refund at their point of purchase anytime between now
and Wednesday, July 25 at 6pm.

I bought pre-sale tickets for the Minneapolis show this morning. Not sure if I could go, but I could not pass up on the opportunity.

A local Minneapolis radio station had the pre-sale (yes, I do not live in Minneapolis...haven't for almost five years...but it is still "home" and I can get there easy enough via an airplane) yet, the code did not work for a half hour. AND, I still got tickets!

Awesome! I hope you can go. I hadn't been sure if I could make Kalamazoo, but I figured I'd at least try to snag tickets. My mom wants to go though, so it sounds like we're on. :D Ernie will come with me to the Ann Arbor show.

One of my favorite pastimes is used CD shopping, where I'll hop from record store to record store all across Arlington. I normally hit about four on each excursion.

I saw Easy Tiger used in three of the four today. Looks like I'm not the only one who was monumentally disappointed.

(I also found Cold Roses in a used bin today, which thoroughly pissed me off.)

thursday's show was 100% excellent, seriously blew me away, one of the best shows i've ever been to in my short life. biggest highlights were peaceful valley and magnolia mountain cause they turned into long extended jams. ryan's voice was completely stellar and mindblowing, and more surprising he seemed to be in a very good, joking mood. the performance of 'dear john' gave me chills, i completely underestimated that song. 'this is it' was pretty damn cool! and goodnight hollywood blvd was simply outstanding and awesome in every way.
i could go on and on, after the show i got jon and jamie to sign my poster, i saw the rest of the band but as they were leaving on the other side so i missed them. i still can't get over this show!!
if he comes back around here, i'm gonna be goign again!

Glad to hear the positive review, it seems like it's just continuing to be an amazing tour. :D

Last edited:
Fall UK Dates:

November 11 – Cardiff – Millenium Center

November 12 – Nottingham – Royal Center

November 15 – Manchester – Apollo

November 16 – London – Hammersmith Apollo

December 1 – Glasgow – Clyde Auditorium

http://www.dontlookbackconcerts.com

Ryan Adams special guest at Cowboy Junkies Show!!
By Barry, 23rd July, 2007
We are VERY excited to announce that Ryan Adams will be appearing with the Cowboy Junkies at the Royal Albert Hall performance of Trinity Sessions.

This show takes place on October 10th, tickets are priced between £18 - £25.

10/10/07
London
Royal Albert Hall

Back
Top Bottom