Ryan Adams - Easy Tiger, Cardinology, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's funny, because I only saw Ryan Adams that last time because I was already making the trip to Philly to see U2 that weekend. It was a three-hour drive, so I figured I might as well do as much as I could while I was there.

elevation2u said:
it's ryan
let's not forget
:tsk:

I know, I know...he's totally worth me sitting here with my stomach in knots, feeling like I'm going to pass out from anticipation/anxiety.

Oh, Ryan.

I'M GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my friends scored a pair during yesterday's pre-sale, but the gal she's going with also got a pair, so they're gonna sell a pair to me!

They're at one of the tables in the 4th row from the stage. :happy: :hyper: :faint:

I cannot believe the problems people are having with getting tickets. I mean, I realize that these dates are small venues, but this is insane. There are a whole lot of diehards who are getting shut out.

I'm really excited, but I'm always a paranoid gal and won't feel 100% confident until I get the tickets in my hand. It looks like a go though. I've been friends with these girls on the Ryan board for awhile, and they've always struck me as two of the sweeter folks there. They said that when they realized they had an extra set, they thought of me right away. They know how much I've been dying for a Michigan show. I just feel really grateful. It's a Festivus miracle!!!

Attention Paris and London based Ryan Adams fans!

Ryan Adams & The Cardinals will be performing a pair of intimate concerts to be recorded for European television next week, one in Paris on June 4th and one in London on June 6th. A very limited number of tickets to these shows are available for Ryan Adams fans. If you are interested in attending please email the corresponding address below with your full name, and if selected you will be contacted with a confirmation and further details. Good luck!

June 4th – Paris – rsvpryanparis@yahoo.com

June 6th – London – rsvpryanlondon@yahoo.com

You probably wouldn't have had luck anyway. Seriously. Today has been a disaster, there are heartbroken fans everywhere. :(

There are some problems with the Chicago date. Here's the lastest info:

http://www.chicagoist.com/2007/06/01/ryan_adams_home.php

June 1, 2007

Ryan Adams Homeless?

We admit we were stoked earlier this week by the news that Ryan Adams would be doing a show at The Black Orchid. However we thought it was a little weird that ticketing information for the show seemed spotty. It was listed on WXRT's site ... and then it wasn't. And on Ryan Adams' own website, it was the only show with no info on how to get tickets, and now it has completely disappeared. Phone calls to The Black Orchid only met with a message saying they had no information on the show. What's up?

Well, it turns out The Black Orchid is closed so Adams and his merry crew of Cardinals are scrambling to secure another room in which to play. There's no word on whether tickets will actually go on sale tomorrow though Ticketmaster, even though they were listed as doing so. We think it'd be a little hard to sell tickets to a show when you don't know where it's going to be or how many people you call them too.

If Ryan really needs a place to play, our basement is nice, and we'll even pay for the P.A.!

I should have posted this...some info on the benefits of pre-ordering the album on iTunes:

http://www.losthighwayrecords.com/e/ryanadams/itunes.html

Pre-order Easy Tiger via iTunes and receive the following exclusives...

1. Download Ryan's new song "Two" instantly.

2. On June 26th, as an iTunes pre-order bonus, you get the audio version of "What Sin Replaces Love" live from The Henry Rollins Show & an exclusive live video of Ryan & The Cardinals performing "Two".

3. After July 9th, get access to purchase advance tickets (before the general public) to see Ryan & The Cardinals in concert. Click here to visit Ticketmaster for details.

Any new Ryan Adams floating around?

Just wondering if anyone has been able to get their hands on any of the new Ryan Adams songs? I'm getting kind of antsy and would love to hear some of them!

Two, Everybody Knows, and Halloween Head (which is awesome) are floating around, to my knowledge. The album itself has yet to leak.

Apparently the new album is available for download on a few sites already. I'll post an update on here if I can find it, but if anyone else gets it before me and wants to be kind....

ma_galazin@yahoo.com

The CD sampler with the new issue of Paste has "Everybody Knows" as the first track. :hyper:

Stereogum posted a live video of "These Girls", which is a reworked version of "Hey There, Mrs. Lovely"...one of my fave unreleased songs. :drool:

http://www.stereogum.com/archives/video/new-ryan-adams-live-video-these-girls.html

Lost Highway has put up some audio of "Two", "Everybody Knows", and "Halloweenhead". There are also videos for "Halloweenhead" and "Off Broadway".

http://www.losthighwayrecords.com/e/ryanadams/itunes.html

"Off Broadway" is another old unreleased song.

And, of course, there's MySpace.

http://www.myspace.com/ryanadams

New tour date:

July 10, 2007 Paramount Theater Charlottesville, VA

Pre-sale June 11, 10am MST
Regular sale June 13, 10am MST

Leaky Tiger

smielephantin7.gif

Another date:

July 14, 2007 Paramount Theatre Austin, TX

No Pre-sale

PUBLIC ON-SALE
June 15, 10am CST

What's with these slowly trickling out dates? I want to know whether or not there is going to be a Dallas show around that time because that would be a lot more convenient for me. I don't want to buy tickets for Austin just to have them announce a date in Dallas a week after Austin tickets were purchased. Lame. This is a good reason to hate being back in Dallas for the summer. If I had stayed in Austin, this wouldn't be a problem.

Still, I'm excited because I'm either going to this or a potential Dallas date. What it boils down to is that I'm finally seeing Ryan Adams next month. It's just a matter of where.

I don't like the quality of the leak I downloaded, so I think I'll either wait for a good lossless rip or for the damn thing to come out. I gave it one run through and liked what I heard, but I won't listen again until I can hear the tunes with great quality.

"Everybody Knows" is an amazing song.

My second favourite is "Two". Easy Tiger is WAY better than Jacksonville City Nights.

As one fan put it...

Brilliant publicity strategy - play dinky little places, ensure almost none of his real fans can get tickets and give us more stuff to bitch and moan about.

Sad but true. :lol: :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom