Ryan Adams - Easy Tiger, Cardinology, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They have been doing new songs at recent shows...but I haven't been following. :shifty:

I'm not a bad fan, I'm just a lazy one.

I think your best bet is to check out torrents. I don't do torrents. Apparently, that makes me lame. However, I think I was lame long before torrents even existed, so how 'bout those marbles?

I'm liking this stuff... a little less country a little more rock and roll, not quite "Rock N Roll" (thank god) but more rocky than Easy Tiger so far... Early live stuff is hard to judge though, we'll see...

ETA: the last two are the same btw :shifty:

Uh...I meant to do that...just to see if you were really paying attention. Ya know, to make sure all of my video hunting was wortwhile. :shifty:

So this got posted at a message board. No source, but ya never know!

(dont ask where i got this from. its top secret information....shhhh shhhhhh)

1. Born into a Light
2. Go Easy
3. Fix It
4. Magick
5. Cobwebs
6. Let Us Down Easy
7. Crossed Out Name
8. Natural Ghost
9. Sink Ships
10. Evergreen
11. Like Yesterday
12. Stop

The cover is pretty sweet. black background with a neon blue Cardinals logo (like the one on Brad's drumset). at the top in white lettering it says "Ryan Adams and the Cardinals: Cardinology"

*edit* Oops...I misspelled worthwhile...but I kinda like it, so I'm leaving it.

Meg wanted me to mentione this too

See, this is why we're friends. You're smart.

This was OBVIOUSLY directed at me, right? :angry:

So, uh, i cannot WAIT for this one to come out....and to see him again.

Oh, and as long as I am passing along blame, kat....I was just about to post that Schmeg and I will enjoy our first dance together as a married couple to a ryan adams song (I know this breaks Interference married couple tradition and all). Blame, you say? Yeah. It's your fault for introducing us to him! :madwife:

:kiss::hug::kiss:

Just so you know you will be in our thoughts!

He played Sinking Ships and Magick at the show I was at, a little darker, rockier than most Cardinals work.

I know that Easy Tiger was released as just Ryan Adams, but wasn't it a Cardinals backed record?

Also, are you saying this will be released under just 'The Cardinals' because that would be weird.

I know that Easy Tiger was released as just Ryan Adams, but wasn't it a Cardinals backed record?
Yes you're right it was a Cardinals backed album...

Also, are you saying this will be released under just 'The Cardinals' because that would be weird.
A lot of the interviews after the time ET release alluded to that, but it seems like(at least according to the Lost Highway site) that's now what's going to happen.

He really needs to come to NM. It's ridiculous that someone tours as much as he does and never ever plays here. :grumpy:

New music is exciting, though.

This was OBVIOUSLY directed at me, right? :angry:

So, uh, i cannot WAIT for this one to come out....and to see him again.

Oh, and as long as I am passing along blame, kat....I was just about to post that Schmeg and I will enjoy our first dance together as a married couple to a ryan adams song (I know this breaks Interference married couple tradition and all). Blame, you say? Yeah. It's your fault for introducing us to him! :madwife:

:kiss::hug::kiss:

Just so you know you will be in our thoughts!

:hyper: :D :hug:

Which song?? Or are you not sharing that info: :shifty:

Ryan Adams And The Cardinals Announce Album Release Date - GIGWISE

Ryan Adams and the Cardinals have confirmed a U.S. release date for their upcoming album, ‘Cardinology’.

The album will be released on October 28 via Lost Highway Records and feature twelve all-new studio tracks since their 2007 release, ‘Easy Tiger’.

Preceding the album will be the first single, ‘Fix It’, which will be released digitally on September 23.

The band will celebrate the release with a performance on The Late Show With David Letterman on October 29.

The track listing is as follows:

Born Into A Light
Go Easy
Fix It
Magick
Cobwebs
Let Us Down Easy
Crossed Out Name
Natural Ghost
Sink Ships
Evergreen
Like Yesterday
Stop

Awesome! I just found the lyrics to Fix It. They look interesting.

When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but can't find no weed
When you feel so hungry but you can't eat
You've got the munchies.

And the tears come streaming down your face
As you laugh about monkeys in space
When she wants you to go down, but you hate the taste
Could it be worse?

Lighters will guide you home
And ignite your jones
And I'm about to fix it
Sheeeeeeeeeeeee-it

And high up above or down below
When you're too fuckin gone to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Why this stuff should be legalized

And ignite your jones
And I'm about to fix it
Sheeeeeeeeeeeee-it

Could it be worse?

Could it be worse?

And ignite your jones
And I'm about to fix it
Sheeeeeeeeeeeee-it

Fix It download

I kept reading that "Fix It" would be available legally on download services today, but I've yet to come across the studio version in any fashion. It's rather frustrating.

More dates with Oasis announced:

Oasis & Ryan Adams - 2008 Tour Dates
Dec. 3 - Oakland, CA Oracle Arena
Dec. 4 - Los Angeles, CA Staples Center
Dec. 6 - Las Vegas, NV The Pearl
Dec. 8 - Denver, CO Broomfield Events Ctr.
Dec. 10 - Minneapolis, MN Target Center
Dec. 12 - Chicago, IL Allstate Arena
Dec. 13 - Detroit, MI Palace of Auburn Hills
Dec. 15 - London, ON John LaBattCentre (rescheduled 9/9 date)
Dec. 17 - New York, NY Madison Sq. Garden
Dec. 19 - Camden, NJ Susquehanna Center
Dec. 20 - Washington, DC GMU Patriot Center

Believe it or not, I will not be getting tickets for the Detroit show. :ohmy: I have nothing against Oasis, but I haven't explored them any further than just one CD. I can't justify paying that high of a ticket price mainly to see Ryan & The Cardinals for a shortened set, especially in a huge venue. :shrug:

I'm a bad fan. Meh.

I do feel kinda bad though. This will be the first Ryan show in Michigan that I've missed since becoming a fan.

I saw the show Friday in Syracuse. I have to admit, I was going in with pretty low expectations, considering the last time I saw him was probably the worst show I've ever seen, since he was loaded and just argued with the crowd all night. We don't get too many shows around here, so I figured I'd give him one last chance before I wrote him off, and I nearly blew off the show because I had a rough day at work on Friday and was pretty tired. Boy, I'm glad I went.

It was like seeing a completely different band than I saw three years ago. Ryan is so much more focused as a performer and bandleader, and since I had a second row seat, I was able to really see him interact with his bandmates quite a bit and see how much he's changed. It made me so happy, because he used to be one of my favorite singers, and I'd pretty much lost hope, especially since I didn't like Easy Tiger that much. Those songs are so much stronger live, though, and I was equally impressed by the new songs, especially Fix It. I was also thrilled to finally get to hear Come Pick Me Up, and surprised that they did The House Is Not For Sale.

It was an excellent show--I definitely feel like I got my money's worth, and it also won me back as a fan. I'm looking forward to hearing Cardinology, and hopefully they'll continue touring in support of it in the new year.

My pictures are here, and the video I took of Come Pick Me Up is here. The only recording of it I've found so far is a crowd recording and the audience was a little annoying, but it's still a good listen and another chance to hear some of the new songs. That's here.

Back
Top Bottom