Ryan Adams - Easy Tiger, Cardinology, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My bad, I got confused.

This is the guy that's goin out with Mandy Moore right? Mandy is a hell of a musician, maybe he could learn some things from her. Or maybe they could do a duets album?

:hmm:

Apparently, he and Mandy broke up. :shrug: The paparazzi was too much for him, apparently.

Apparently, I like the word "apparently".

I saw Ryan open for Oasis on Friday night. He music was good, but he acted like a bit of a douche towards the audience, hurling thinly veiled insults. This came as a surprise because it's not something you'd expect from someone playing his style of music.

I saw Ryan open for Oasis on Friday night. He music was good, but he acted like a bit of a douche towards the audience, hurling thinly veiled insults. This came as a surprise because it's not something you'd expect from someone playing his style of music.

It's actually not a surprise at all. He's notorious for that sort of stuff....you never know which Ryan will show up at one of his gigs. For me, his music is not good enough to play guessing games with his multiple-personality disorder pattern.

What was the comment?

Among other things, when people cheered after a song he said something to the effect that. "You guys are wasting your breath yelping and cheering like that. It's a total waste of time. Why don't you save that energy to tell someone something nice? But not me. And it's not like we're ever going to meet."

Then when he started the next song, he stopped and added, "Actually, I really fucking hope I meet none of you."

Then later when people cheered after a song he said, "Yes, I know, Oasis is great. I'll be done soon so you can get to see Oasis. Don't you fucking worry!"

After he was done his set he said, "Thank you." And then spoke a mile a minute. Something like, "OK, Oasis is coming on now I hope you're happy. Thanks for listening to my music, and Oasis is coming on now." Again, he said it all very fast, so I'm not sure about that last quote.

And in the grand scheme of things I guess what he said wasn't all that bad. But it just came as a surprise because it's not something that you'd expect from someone that plays his style of music. It came off as very passive aggressive to me. One minute he's singing a beautiful song, the next he's saying things like that. Unprovoked, I might add. If Liam Gallagher had said these things I wouldn't have batted an eyelash. :shrug:

Among other things, when people cheered after a song he said something to the effect that. "You guys are wasting your breath yelping and cheering like that. It's a total waste of time. Why don't you save that energy to tell someone something nice? But not me. And it's not like we're ever going to meet."

Then when he started the next song, he stopped and added, "Actually, I really fucking hope I meet none of you."

Then later when people cheered after a song he said, "Yes, I know, Oasis is great. I'll be done soon so you can get to see Oasis. Don't you fucking worry!"

After he was done his set he said, "Thank you." And then spoke a mile a minute. Something like, "OK, Oasis is coming on now I hope you're happy. Thanks for listening to my music, and Oasis is coming on now." Again, he said it all very fast, so I'm not sure about that last quote.

And in the grand scheme of things I guess what he said wasn't all that bad. But it just came as a surprise because it's not something that you'd expect from someone that plays his style of music. It came off as very passive aggressive to me. One minute he's singing a beautiful song, the next he's saying things like that. Unprovoked, I might add. If Liam Gallagher had said these things I wouldn't have batted an eyelash. :shrug:

Yeah I think you misunderstood him, which to be honest is easy to do...

When he was saying "you're wasting your time" he was being self depricating. He's an interesting individual that is going through some self admitted issues, I don't think anything he said was an insult.

He's actually really enjoying this tour and praises Oasis... You should check out his website he talks very highly of them and the tour...

When he was saying "you're wasting your time" he was being self depricating. He's an interesting individual that is going through some self admitted issues, I don't think anything he said was an insult.

That's how I interpret it...and the talk about Oasis is him acknowledging the fact that there are probably a lot of Oasis fans at the show who don't care about seeing him as the opening act and just want to hurry up and get to Oasis. I have a bootleg from when he opened for a Rolling Stones show, and he came out and said, "Don't worry, it's not The Stones, it's just me." :lol: :heart:

...and played three new songs from his next Cardinals record, including one premiere.

Not to mention Easy Tiger is really a Cardinal's album. I think they just made that up, based on the merchandise they've been hawking with Cardinology written on it. There's definitely a new project coming together but they don't seem to have anything concrete or new to say about it.

Not to mention Easy Tiger is really a Cardinal's album. I think they just made that up, based on the merchandise they've been hawking with Cardinology written on it. There's definitely a new project coming together but they don't seem to have anything concrete or new to say about it.

No, Easy Tiger was released as a Ryan Adams album, 'Follow the Lights' was released as Ryan Adams and the Cardinals, as were JCN and CR. He said in many interviews that after Easy Tiger they would start releasing albums as The Cardinals.

Back
Top Bottom