Ryan Adams - Easy Tiger, Cardinology, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, here is where I get all snobby...

Ryan Adams & The Cardinals are OPENING for Oasis? Not that I have a problem with Oasis, but I hate to see Ryan as an opening act. Blugh.

From RAA:

Per Oasis's official site...

-----------
Oasisinet are happy to announce that Oasis will be performing a short run of Canadian and US shows with special guest Ryan Adams and the Cardinals prior to their headline appearance at the Virgin Festival Toronto on the 7th September.

Pre-Sale tickets can be purchased by clicking the below link and using the password: OASISINET

www.ticketmaster.com/artist/766720

The full details for the shows are:

26/8/08: Seattle, WA - WaMu Theater - Pre-Sale tickets on sale 4/1/08 @ 10AM PST until 4/3/08 @ 10PM PST. Tickets on general sale 4/4/08 @ 12PM PST available from Ticketmaster & Qwest Field Box Office.

27/8/08: Vancouver, BC - GM Place - Pre-Sale tickets on sale 4/1/08 @ 10AM PST until 4/3/08 @ 10PM PST. Tickets on general sale 4/4/08 @ 10AM PST available from Ticketmaster & GM Place Box Office.

29/8/08: Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place - Pre-Sale tickets on sale 4/1/08 @ 10AM MST until 4/3/08 @ 5PM MST. Tickets on general sale 4/4/08 @ 10AM MST available from Ticketmaster & Rexall Place Box Office.

30/8/08: Calgary, AB - Pengrowth Saddledome - Pre-Sale tickets on sale 4/1/08 @ 10AM MST until 4/3/08 @ 10PM MST. Tickets on general sale 4/4/08 @ 10AM MST available from Ticketmaster & Pengrowth Saddledome Box Office.

Ryan's MySpace blog has this:

Ryan Adams & The Cardinals Announce Tour Dates With Oasis!

Ryan Adams & The Cardinals will support Oasis .. tour dates this summer. Here are the details:

August 26th – Seattle, WA – WaMu Theater
August 27th – Vancouver, BC – General Motors Place
August 29th – Edmonton, AB – Rexall Place
August 30th – Calgary, AB – Pengrowth Saddledome

Presales for all shows start tomorrow, April 1st at 10am local venue time here
Password: SPACEWOLF

Tickets for all shows go on sale to the public this Friday, April 4th here
On sale times are 10am local venue time, except Seattle which goes on sale at Noon PST

most folks at RA boards are wetting their pants with excitement over this,
me...well, I'm not a big fan of Oasis..not really a fan at all. I've never understood the big fuss over them, but for those who like both artists it's definitely their lucky day.

More Oasis dates from the dot-com...

More Ryan Adams & The Cardinals Dates with Oasis Announced!

Ryan Adams & The Cardinals continue their tour supporting Oasis with the following show announcements:

September 1st – Winnipeg, MB – MTS Center
Presale Starts Wednesday, April 9 @ 10am CST - Ends Friday, April 11 @ 5pm CST

Presale link: http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/766720

Tickets go on sale to the public Saturday, April 12th at 10am CST here: http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/766720

September 4th – Ottawa, ON – Scotiabank Palace
Presale Starts Tuesday, April 8 @ 10am EST - Ends Thursday, April 10 @ 10pm EST

Presale link: http://www.capitaltickets.ca/promo

Tickets go on sale to the public Friday, April 11th at 10am EST here: www.capitaltickets.ca

I'm wondering if this Ryan/Oasis tour might wind through the southern states in September.

I'm actually just hoping for an RA appearance at ACL. I could care less about Oasis.

impy13 said:
I'm wondering if this Ryan/Oasis tour might wind through the southern states in September.

I'm actually just hoping for an RA appearance at ACL. I could care less about Oasis.

I'd much rather see him indoors, even if it was just opening, I've seen him at both, the festival shows were still good, but sub par for Ryan.

Montreal Date with Oasis Added!

Ryan Adams & The Cardinals’ Canadian tour with Oasis continues with the announcement of a show at Montreal’s Bell Center on September 5th. Here are the details:

Friday, September 5th – Montreal, QC – Bell Centre

Presale starts Tuesday, April 15th at 10am EST here: http://www.admission.com/adm/oasis20080http://www.admission.com/adm/ryanadams20080905_fan.html
Password : SPACEWOLF

Tickets go on sale to the public Friday, April 18th at 10am EST here : http://www.admission.com/html/artist.htmI?l=EN&artist=OASIS

Yeah, it looks like the pre-sale link doesn't work anymore. I checked the link that was given at a few different sites, just to make sure I had it right.

I haven't heard anything about Toronto yet, if I hear anything, I'll post it!

From another board...

I notice that High Road is listing a tour date that is not in the list on the official Ryan Site, it is:

High Road Touring Ticket Links

Ryan Adams - 08/23/2008
@ The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA

Select from one of the links below to purchase tickets for this show. Due to the fact that some ticketing outlets have a limited number of tickets for sale, it is possible one of the sites listed below will no longer have tickets. If that is the case, return to this window and try the other link(s) listed. If the online outlets do not have tickets, contact the venue for further information.

* Live Nation | Find Concert Tickets, Tour Dates, & Seating Charts
* The Fillmore Concert Tickets, Schedule, Information

Okay, so Ryan Adams is one of my absolute favorites, but this album was disappointing to me. I *love* "Everybody Knows" and "Rip-Off," but I could pretty much take or leave the rest of the album. I gave it plenty of time/spins, but... we never bonded, I guess. Anyone still reaching for this cd on a regular basis?

Any news on RA, btw...?

I really, really like Easy Tiger. I've even grown to enjoy his more country-fried albums, like Jacksonville City Nights.

Okay, so Ryan Adams is one of my absolute favorites, but this album was disappointing to me. I *love* "Everybody Knows" and "Rip-Off," but I could pretty much take or leave the rest of the album. I gave it plenty of time/spins, but... we never bonded, I guess. Anyone still reaching for this cd on a regular basis?

I didn't really bond with it until I saw RA live last year and now I listen to it pretty much every day.

rip off, everybody knows and two are some of my least favorite RA songs ever,
I tried liking them but it didn't quite work out,
hmm, i wonder if he would ever realase a live dvd, a proper concert not like the jamaica thing. Supposedly last Halloween's show was taped but nothing ever came out of it. I wish something would come out, I would buy it in an instance.

Back
Top Bottom