Ryan Adams - Easy Tiger, Cardinology, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll probably won't see him live anytime soon
but that's another kick arse album he released :up:

This is a long shot, but does anyone have a spare ticket for the Minneapolis show? I waited far too long to grab one...

Ryan Adams & The Cardinals in Ann Arbor last night........................:D

Well, I woke up sick as a dog yesterday morning, of course. :rolleyes: There was no way I was gonna miss the show though!!!

Ernie and I had really good seats. We were in the fifth row on the right side of the floor, inside aisle. It was technically the third row on the right side though. I had an amazing view.

This was the setlist, copied from the ever so awesome Ryan Adams Archive.

On 8:10pm

1. Goodnight Rose
2. Please Do Not Let Me Go
3. A Kiss Before I Go
4. Cold Roses
5. Beautiful Sorta
6. Dear John (Amazing)
7. Off Broadway (Mellow but big fucking Rock)
8. Rescue Blues (Ryan on Piano)
9. Wildflowers>
10. Peaceful Valley (Jam off the hook, all over the place)
11. Magnolia Mountain ( Super Long Middle)

9:23 off stage

9:25 back on solo

12. Call Me on Your Way Back Home
13. Sylvia Plath (RA on Piano)

9:33 Band Out

14. Oh My Sweet Carolina
15. Goodnight Hollywood Blvd.

9:43 Off

I thought the show was great. Some of the people in the crowd were pretty bad though, I was embarrassed by some of the people. People were yelling out not just requests but really rude, nasty things as well. Ryan seemed like he handled it pretty well though, I was happy. I had been fearing the show would be cut a lot shorter because of all of the jerks in the audience, so I'm happy with what we got.

Holy moly, I was excited with the songs though! "Sylvia Plath" is my favorite, the waterworks started during that. "Off Broadway" was also a million times more amazing live than on the album. "Peaceful Valley" seemed to take on all new life. Oh, man...just so fabulous.

All my friends from online that I'd wanted to meet at the show I did, so that was great. :D Ernie and I were talking with one couple after the show, and Jon Graboff (one of the Cardinals, for those who aren't familiar) walked up to us and said hi to my friends. They've met him at previous shows, so they knew each other. We got introduced, and Graboff shook our hands. :love: Graboff is so sweet and friendly, it was so much fun to talk to him. During a couple times that we had parted with Graboff, Ryan walked by us. One of my friends told him it was a great show, and Ryan shook his hand. He smiled and waved at us both times he passed.

My boyfriend claimed he wasn't excited at all, this just wasn't his thing. He never stood, he never clapped...just sat in his seat, holding onto my poster. However, on the way home...his only complaint about the show was that he wished it had been longer. Hmm...if you DON'T like something, don't you usually want it to end as soon as possible??? So, I think it's safe to say he had fun. He also did admit that he thought it was really cool to see Ryan up close like we did after the show.

Really, my biggest gripe is with the big handful of disrespectful/annoying folks in the audience, which Ryan & The Cards have no control over. Taking those dolts into account, I'm just so grateful that the show ran as long as it did. When they first went offstage after "Magnolia Mountain", part of me was thinking, oh my god...they are not coming back out. I was so relieved when they did! :D

Can't wait for Kalamazoo tomorrow night. :hyper: I'm still sick though. :mad:

Oh, and here is the poster from Ann Arbor. :D

AnnArborPoster.jpg

onebloodonelife said:
This is a long shot, but does anyone have a spare ticket for the Minneapolis show? I waited far too long to grab one...

I sent mine to my friend in Minneapolis...sorry.

zoney! said:

I sent mine to my friend in Minneapolis...sorry.

No worries. I think I might go down to the box office the day of on the off chance that they'll have a small amount of tickets.

:hyper:

Oh, and you might luck out on tickets. Ann Arbor had been listed as "sold out" for awhile, but the venue had some for sale when we got there (cash only).

Bonochick said:
:hyper:

Oh, and you might luck out on tickets. Ann Arbor had been listed as "sold out" for awhile, but the venue had some for sale when we got there (cash only).

Awesome! That gets my hopes up a little bit. Right now, people are scalping them at around $100, from what I've seen...

Set list taken from the Ryan Adams Archive

1. Games
2. Cold Roses
3. Peaceful Valley
4. Dear John
5. Rescue Blues(on piano w/ band)
6. Wild Flowers
7. Beautiful Sorta
8. Magnolia Moutain
9. Nightbirds(Ryan on piano w/ band)
10. Off Broadway

9:25Break

On 9:29
11. Why do they leave(solo guitar harmonica)
12. Hallejuhah(solo-shit dude)
13. Sylvia Plath (solo-cut do to audience)

Band back
14. A kiss before I go
15. Two
16. Easy Platuea

Highlights:
1. Peaceful valley was phenomenal. The band gave the song some tremendous dynamics and pulled it off flawlessly.

2. Magnolia Mountain was gorgeous

3. Off broadway was a tremendous jam song.

4. Why do they leave and Hallelujah were worth the price of admission themselves.

5. Easy Plateau was a long (LONG) jam that ended the show perfectly.

Low Points:

1. The set was mighty short (time) and weakened by the fact that he didn't play many songs.

2. I thought Rescue Blues was piss poor. Ryan, if you're not interested in playing the song, pick another one.

3. He didn't play sylvia plath at all. A bunch of a-holes were being loud and obnoxious so he finally left the piano and called the band back. For all of you fuckers who feel the need to be loud and belligerent while out in public ... well I hope a shallow grave awaits you.

That's all from me.

onebloodonelife said:

Awesome! That gets my hopes up a little bit. Right now, people are scalping them at around $100, from what I've seen...

I just scored two tickets at face value on Craigslist! :hyper: Now, I have to sell one off...but, well worth my trouble.

Dalton said:

3. He didn't play sylvia plath at all. A bunch of a-holes were being loud and obnoxious so he finally left the piano and called the band back. For all of you fuckers who feel the need to be loud and belligerent while out in public ... well I hope a shallow grave awaits you.

A part of my heart seriously broke off and permanently disintegrated at that very moment. :sad: Even if he wasn't gonna do SP again...Ryan doing solo piano songs is just AMAZING. If there was one element from the Ann Arbor show that I really wished for my mom to experience at K-Zoo, it was that. Not to mention I would have loved it also, of course. I was so incredibly disappointed. :(

Solo "Hallelujah" blew my mind, I couldn't believe it was happening. "Nightbirds"? :drool:

Once again...fabulous show that was tarnished by a handful of idiots in the audience. :sigh:

Glad you got tix, oneblood!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

he didn't play the harmonica when i saw him :(
but i shouldn't complain cause i was extremely lucky the show i went to had a really good audience, i think everyone was paranoid of being annoying or upsetting him, lol. but he was in a talkative, silly, joking mood in LA.

The funniest part of the evening was when they first came out and started to play, I started looking around for Emmy Lou Harris because I could hear her singing. I was looking all over the stage to see her until I realized that she wasn't there. In fact, there was no woman singing with him - it was his lead guitarist!

Bonochick said:

Glad you got tix, oneblood!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

Me too! :hyper: I :heart: Craigslist, BTW, sold my extra ticket in literally 10 minutes.

And, I really, really hope that the Minneapolis crowd isn't a bunch of idiots...*fingerscrossed*

Dalton said:
The funniest part of the evening was when they first came out and started to play, I started looking around for Emmy Lou Harris because I could hear her singing. I was looking all over the stage to see her until I realized that she wasn't there. In fact, there was no woman singing with him - it was his lead guitarist!

:lol:

I nearly died when a friend said this when Easy Tiger came out:

"I thought I detected her voice or at least a female voice...but it was probably Neal singing like Flanders again"

:lmao: :heart:

The harmonies they do really are beautiful though.

Andy Nelson, VP of Marketing and Artist Development at Adams’ label Lost Highway tells Paste that Adams’ new seven-track EP with his band The Cardinals will hit shelves Oct. 23. The EP will include two brand new songs, “Follow The Lights” and “My Love For You Is Real,” both of which will be featured prominently on the upcoming season of ABC’s October Road.

Also on the EP are live-in-the-studio versions of “Blue Hotel,” a song Adams wrote for Willie Nelson that appeared on the country legend’s Adams-produced album Songbird; new versions of previously released tracks “Dear John” (Jacksonville City Nights), "This Is It” (Rock N Roll) and “If I Am A Stranger” (Cold Roses); and a cover of Alice In Chains’ “Down In A Hole.”

I can't wait...:hyper:

Setlist from tonight:

1. Two
2. Goodnight Rose
3. Beautiful Sorta
4. Rescue Blues
5. Let it Ride (mellow)
6. Dear Chicago
7. Peaceful Valley
8. Nightbirds
9. Dear John
10. Wildflowers
11. Shakedown
12. Cold Roses
13. The End
14. Please Do Not Let Me Go
15. A Kiss Before I Go

Really, really short set, 65 minutes. Don't get me wrong, it was amazing, but seriously, 65 minutes?? He was pissy, and kind of pouty the whole time.

The Star Tribune review today said he had another meltdown (this would be his second Minneapolis meltdown). Something about the sound engineer?

I'll have to get feedback from my friend.

zoney! said:
The Star Tribune review today said he had another meltdown (this would be his second Minneapolis meltdown). Something about the sound engineer?

I'll have to get feedback from my friend.

Yeah, he said that the sound was off, but they were going to "smile and get through it". Then a couple songs later, they were done. People were definitely not happy at all. We were cheering for an encore for a few minutes, and all of a sudden, the house lights came on. It wasn't even 10pm.

Back
Top Bottom