Rolling Stones Appreciation Thread / Tour etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not a Taylor Swift fan because of her live performances.

I knew it was happening. (Although djerdap didn't seem to get the joke). I could have gone if I'd really wanted to. But I'm not gonna pay $200/300 + to see a concert, don't give a shit what's going down at it.

And if I had gone, ultimately, it would have been to see the Stones, not Swift. The Stones are one of my all-time favorite groups and I've never seen them. Too pricey, though, mang.

Yeah, I was 50-50 on whether it was a joke and took the naive route.

More important news from that gig is that they played Sway again. Now only if that and Can't You Hear Me Knocking were concert staples...

If you end up with crappy seats, don't be afraid to walk up to someone who works there and ask if there is anything they can do. I have been following things on a couple of stones boards and venues have been upgrading people.

If you end up with crappy seats, don't be afraid to walk up to someone who works there and ask if there is anything they can do. I have been following things on a couple of stones boards and venues have been upgrading people.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the tip. (Hopefully it won't be necessary)

Conversely if I manage to get them for Boston they'll be last row of balcony behind a column.

Ding ding ding...horrible, horrible seats, 2nd to last row of balcony section 328, side of stage, hanging speakers obstructing half the stage.

16495s.gif

Thanks to my buddy's insistence on playing in his Friday night old man hockey league, we picked them up just a few minutes before the Stones went on, leaving us no real time to find an upgrade, talked to one of the "Guest relations" folks and he took down the seat locations and said he'd make a call and let us know in a few minutes...never saw the lying bastard again. So we upgraded ourselves, first moving to the front row in the next (unsold) balcony section over (327) which took the speaker obstruction out of the mix, from there noticed the loge section below us (loge 20) had only the half of the section next to 21 sold, so we went down there and hung for sveral songs till getting booted by a nazi security supervisor, proceeded to walk around to the other side, loge 15 where the situation was the same, grabbed seats there basically looking over Bernard and Lisa's shoulder perspective wise and were unbothered and watched the rest of the show there.

They were actually quite good last night. Sound was good aside from some volume issues on Sympathy (piano and Keith were turned up way too loud). Jagger still at age 3,064 has zero body fat.

RS SETLIST BOSTON #2 JUNE 14 2013

Get Off Of My Cloud

It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll (But I Like It)

Paint It Black

Gimme Shelter

All Down The Line

Memory Motel (By Request)

When The Whip Comes Down

Emotional Rescue

Doom And Gloom

One More Shot

Honky Tonk Women

You Got The Silver (with Keith Richards on lead vocals)

Happy (with Keith Richards on lead vocals)

Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)

Miss You

Start Me Up

Tumbling Dice

Brown Sugar

Sympathy For The Devil

ENCORE

You Can’t Always Get What You Want (with the Boston University Marsh Chapel Choir)

Jumpin’ Jack Flash

(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (with Mick Taylor)
They really need to drop "One More Shot", "Doom and Gloom" is tolerable, "One More Shot" just flat out sucks.

damn. i was crossing my fingers.

each time i listen to the recordings that come out, i always hop in the shower during one more shot/doom and gloom.

Australia & New Zealand tour dates announced - part of the new '14 On Fire' Tour. These concerts are strictly 'one night only'.

THE ROLLING STONES ANNOUNCE 14 ON FIRE AUSTRALIA / NEW ZEALAND DATES | The Rolling Stones

March 19 - Perth Arena - Perth, Australia
March 22 - Adelaide Oval - Adelaide, Australia
March 25 - Allphones Arena - Sydney, Australia
March 28 - Rod Laver Arena - Melbourne, Australia
March 30 - Hanging Rock - Macedon Ranges, Australia
April 2 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Brisbane, Australia
April 5 - Mount Smart Stadium - Auckland, New Zealand

I've surrendered the fantasy of getting tickets for the Aussie gigs. Thus thanks to the good people at Air Asia it is cheaper to fly to Macau to see the March 9 concert than get a decent seat here. :applaud:

Was online bang on 9am trying to get tickets to either Hanging Rock or Rod Laver, and couldn't even pull up one GA for Hanging Rock or impeded seating for Rod Laver. What a joke

I was able to pull up a single 'side view with impeded sight lines' for the Brisbane gig. Didn't bother with it. Mind you this was at 3pm long after Ticketek put up the 'allocated exhausted' sign. I noticed the Sydney gig also suddenly had a few "single seats only" suddenly come up this arvo after "selling out" this morning. Lot of premium $575-$1275 package seats left for all shows though. :angry: Auckland still had a few seats. Any cheap Jetstar flights to NZ going in April?? :reject:

Maybe they'll wind up doing whatever that lottery-type cheapening thing was here with the crazy expensive seats no one was dumb enough to buy, whatever exactly that was.

They did have a $99 lucky dip ticket thing if you bought through a link on the RS website - but that lasted maybe a minute? On the plus side COBL you didn't waste $200+ on a partial view of the side of Charlie's head...

Furthermore if anyone is Brissy tomorrow night there was a huge release of $35 Bon Jovi tickets released earlier today...

Bottom line is this 'one night only' arena thing is shit. They should have played stadiums in every market - it may have been tricky because of the footy season being on but still. This arena tour is ridiculous. What are the odds "due to phenomenal demand" there will extra dates? I'd say evens. Lets see what happens after Christmas.

I'm a little worried because what I've read suggests there definitely won't be anymore shows. I'd love to see them, but I'm not paying more than that $200 ticket at Rod Laver. Pretty ridiculous they're only doing one show per city given how money-hungry they seem to be.

They did have a $99 lucky dip ticket thing if you bought through a link on the RS website - but that lasted maybe a minute? On the plus side COBL you didn't waste $200+ on a partial view of the side of Charlie's head...
In the US they had an $85.00 thing when they went on sale and then they did it again a few days before each show they did a sale of $85 tix that were unknown locations throughout the venue (what IWB is referring to), you could get pit seats, good seats or complete crap (Which is what I got, but moved to better seats)...they weren't able to sell all the way overpriced VIP seats and used this as a way to be sure buildings were filled. Hoepfully they'll do a similar thing down under. Once they decided to do it, you could register through their website for an email alert as to if/when they put these last minuite tix for your particular show on sale.

Rod Laver show currently back up with 'limited availability' in price category 1 - I was able to pull up a single $575 ticket... And I let it go. So it seems there are a few tickets here and there...

Back
Top Bottom