Rolling Stones Appreciation Thread / Tour etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Capitalist pigs.

McGuinne$$ wishes he could get a cut of this high robbery.

u2xmas4.jpg

I doubt I'd go. Surely they couldn't be that good these days? It'd be more about saying "I've seen the Rolling Stones".

I'm sure a lot of people say that about U2 but it doesn't mean assumptions are true. I'm not happy about the prices but at age 70+it's not shocking they aren't doing an intense tour. Only total 18 dates, right?

If given the chance, I'd see Led Zeppelin too :shrug:

Yeah, I won't pay 5 bills to see them and won't sit where 85 bucks will get me, so pretty likely a no go for me.

$500 is completely absurd. And yeah, having sat in the crappy seats that I assume are the 85 dollar seats, I have no intention of paying that kind of money for those seats. I made that mistake with U2, and it was certainly a mistake.

Anyone who wants to try for the remaining tour dates should try through the $85 seat sale via www.rollingstones.com! It's not a sham! it's real. My friends and I scored $85 tickets for all four SoCal dates. The "catch" is you don't know where the seats are till the day of but at that price, its worth it!

The trick is that the $85 link is posted a few minutes After general onsale starts.

$500 is completely absurd. And yeah, having sat in the crappy seats that I assume are the 85 dollar seats, I have no intention of paying that kind of money for those seats. I made that mistake with U2, and it was certainly a mistake.

Of course that was on the assumption that the seats were $500 and a low of $85.
Top price (not including the cool packages where you can get dinner and a ticket for $2,000 or a ticket in the tongue pit plus a nifty tour program and laminate for $1,500 etc) is $597.50 plus TM fees of $28.25 (leave it to the $tone$ to make Ticketmaster look downright philanthropic) and thats everything downstairs except the opposire end loges which have a low low face of $447.50 (plus $24.90 TM fees). the cheapest balcony crap (opposite end balconies) are $147.50 (plus TM fees of $18.15) with the majority of the balcony a hundred bucks higher than that at $247.50 plus fees.
Don't know about the 85 dollar thing on the website, but man these guys are thieves. Good thing I've seen them a handful of times already.

No chance unless I win tix on the radio or something. Not even close to wortth those prices.

Of course that was on the assumption that the seats were $500 and a low of $85.
Top price (not including the cool packages where you can get dinner and a ticket for $2,000 or a ticket in the tongue pit plus a nifty tour program and laminate for $1,500 etc) is $597.50 plus TM fees of $28.25 (leave it to the $tone$ to make Ticketmaster look downright philanthropic) and thats everything downstairs except the opposire end loges which have a low low face of $447.50 (plus $24.90 TM fees). the cheapest balcony crap (opposite end balconies) are $147.50 (plus TM fees of $18.15) with the majority of the balcony a hundred bucks higher than that at $247.50 plus fees.
Don't know about the 85 dollar thing on the website, but man these guys are thieves. Good thing I've seen them a handful of times already.

No chance unless I win tix on the radio or something. Not even close to wortth those prices.

You're not funny.

courtesy iorr

The Rolling Stones
Echoplex, Los Angeles, CA, USA
2013-April 27

Mick, Keith, Charlie, Ronnie, Darryl, Chuck, Bernard, Lisa

onstage: 09:20 PM PT

You Got Me Rocking
Respectable
She's So Cold
Live with Me (with Bobby Keys)
Street Fighting Man (first since 9 Nov 2003)
That's How Strong My Love Is (Otis Redding)
Little Queenie (Chuck Berry) (first since 19 Sep 1998)
Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me) (The Temptations)
Miss You (with Bobby Keys)
Love in Vain (with Mick Taylor)
Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)
Start Me Up

Brown Sugar (with Bobby Keys)
Jumpin' Jack Flash

offstage: 10:50 PM PT

The setlist or a mick jones appearance? Cos I'd definitely pay for the latter. #marthaandiwbsharingabrain

Mick Taylor is cool, but pointless if you're not going to let him play Can't You Hear Me Knocking.

That is a colossally lame setlist. Opening with You Got Me Rocking from Voodoo Lounge? LOL. And if you're only playing 90 minutes, leave Emotional Rescue out of it unless it's the title track, and don't play three covers.

Sorry but even at 20 bucks I would have been disappointed.

I think it would have been a blast.

Was it fun? I'm sure it was. Should a band with that long of a history play for 90 minutes and use up 3 of their 14 song setlists on covers, two being pretty generic ones? Or waste time by subjecting the audience to later-period stuff that no one cares about?

Come on.

Not one song from Exile or Sticky Fingers.

That got me thinking that you know what would actually make me consider shelling out for their ridiculous ticket prices? If they took a page out of the book of all those bands cashing in on the single album shows, and did a exile from cover to cover show. Sticky Fingers would be ok, but then I'd have to suffer through brown sugar...

I forgot how much I miss setlist bitching :)

I think it was worth $20 not to hear Keith sing 'Happy'

I tried to get tickets. It was quite the adventure following tweets through the rumor mill. Turned out to be a lottery. For $20 at the ECHOPLEX I would have been happy to have heard brown sugar 12 times. I do have a battle scar from the waiting. I regret nothing ;)

null.jpg

I'm extremely excited for opening night on Friday! It didn't cost me and arm nor a leg. I can't wait!

Also, they're releasing more $85 tickets on the day of the shows. My guess is all those $600 seats that aren't selling will be released at $85. Visit their website for the info.

Also, they're releasing more $85 tickets on the day of the shows. My guess is all those $600 seats that aren't selling will be released at $85. Visit their website for the info.

There's a better chance day of tix won't be balcony crap, the form says "once production is loaded in", so there's a chance they could be close to the stage...its a gamble, but certainly could be worth the gamble.

Mick Taylor is cool, but pointless if you're not going to let him play Can't You Hear Me Knocking.

That is a colossally lame setlist. Opening with You Got Me Rocking from Voodoo Lounge? LOL. And if you're only playing 90 minutes, leave Emotional Rescue out of it unless it's the title track, and don't play three covers.

Sorry but even at 20 bucks I would have been disappointed.

They never did Can't you hear me knocking live while Taylor was in the band. Keith said they could never get it right.

They did Can't you hear me knocking later with Wood.

They could try it now...

As for You got me rocking, nobody understands the love the Stones have for this shitty song... But they are always showing their big love for it.

There's a better chance day of tix won't be balcony crap, the form says "once production is loaded in", so there's a chance they could be close to the stage...its a gamble, but certainly could be worth the gamble.

Since I didn't get tickets, they will be awesome seats.

Back
Top Bottom