RIP Lou Reed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol. I've already noted I mistook the original quote from U2.com.

Ultimately, however, I actually did correctly interpret it as being one of, if not the, Lou Reed album that was favorite of his. He certainly didn't focus on any specific VU songs or albums after singling out Transformer, other than a brief mention of Pale Blue Eyes (and what seems to be a reference to Heroin however I vaguely recall them also talking about Walk On The Wild Side and RTSS in the same sentence before :shrug: ) and the fact that they were delighted to have them open for them during Pop. That's not exactly "keeps on focusing on and praising VU afterwards". He's expends two sentences acknowledging VU in terms of being one of the influences that Reed was born out of. Does he even mention any other Lou Reed solo albums or songs outside Transformer?

The songs he/U2 cover of Lou Reed's come solely from Transformer, do they not? Pretty sure they do, but maybe there's a snippet I've forgotten.

Anyways, this is such a ridiculous splitting of hairs because as I mentioned many of the songs from Transformer were first written, recorded, and played live with VU.

Dude, you misread the quote. It was "transformation" and not "transformer". No big deal. I already stated that I too believe that Transformer is one of his favorites, but I disagree that it is clear as day that he thinks that album is Lou Reed's best work in general from that article. To go and have arguments such as "lol Transformer was played by VU anyway" to prove such a silly point is really splitting hairs.

And Velvet Underground opened for U2 during ZooTV and not Pop. And Bono does mention other Lou Reed solo work than Transformer there - the album being Berlin. And Bono did snippet Velvet Underground songs such as Waiting For the Man and Sweet Jane. And I now realize I really don't give a fuck what Bono thinks Lou Reed's best album is. And I can freely say that, if it would make you feel better, I would freely acquiesce the point if Bono had a billboard in the middle of O'Connell street tomorrow stating that he does feel Transformer is Lou Reed's best and definitive work, and that Morrissey actually did think of him when he covered Satellite of Love. And so on.

Now go ahead and lol your way with a reply I really won't bother to read.

Dude, you misread the quote. It was "transformation" and not "transformer".

Yes, already stated. I misread the initial quote.

And I now realize I really don't give a fuck what Bono thinks Lou Reed's best album is. And I can freely say that, if it would make you feel better, I would freely acquiesce the point if Bono had a billboard in the middle of O'Connell street tomorrow stating that he does feel Transformer is Lou Reed's best and definitive work,

But you cared enough to call me out on it and then continue it for a few posts, when it's really a trivial argument to you? Well, that makes sense..

and that Morrissey actually did think of him when he covered Satellite of Love.

Red herring. Strawman. Whatever.

Now go ahead and lol your way with a reply I really won't bother to read.

Sure you won't :)

Back
Top Bottom