RIP Glenn Frey, dead at 67

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Glenn Frey -- Eagles Guitarist Dead At 67 | TMZ.com

Too bad, so sad. I was on a big Eagles kick just last week, oddly enough. Say what you want about what the Eagles became later on, but these guys ruled the 1970s and made some of the best music ever! I'm not very good with sentimental words, but I was a big fan, and I'm sad for his friends and family. 67 is not very old... I'm halfway there myself!

I kept passing on reunion shows, because I'm cheap, and don't like the Eagles *that* much, and now I'm really angry with myself.

I wasn't a huge fan of the Eagles, but I certainly respected their body of work. During their heyday in the 1970's, they sure partied like Led Zeppelin and the like. I'm sure Glenn Frey jammed a lot of living into his 67 years on this planet.

I definitely remember during the mid 1980's when radio played the shit out of The Heat Is On from the Beverly Hills Cop soundtrack. Then it was You Belong to the City from the Miami Vice soundtrack. Ahh, those wacky 1980's.

RIP Glenn :sad:

I put together a list of every single and song I've heard played on the radio and came to the realization that they had a lot of single hits:

1. Take It Easy
2. Witchy Woman
3. Peaceful Easy Feeling
4. Tequila Sunrise
5. Desperado
6. Already Gone
7. James Dean
8. O'l 55 (this is a Tom Waits song but their cover is more well known)
9. Best of My Love
10. One of These Nights
11. Lyin Eyes
12. Take It To The Limit
13. Hotel California
14. New Kid In Town
15. Life In The Fast Lane
16. The Long Run
17. I Can’t Tell You Why
18. In The City
19. Those Shoes (This was sample of Paul's Boutique!)
20. Heartache Tonight

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom