Red Hot Chili Peppers Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love them, love their sound, but not hugely into them. I have a girlfriend who saw them live and became a hugely obsessed fan. I think that might do the trick for me :hmm: It happened that way with a certain Irish band and all..

I have a friend that got me into the Chillies and admit I like some of their stuff. Went to see them in Sheffield a few years ago and felt they were fulfilling an obligation rather than putting in proper heart felt performance.

Wow, a Chili's thread! Sweet! :hyper:

I love the Chilis and have for a long time. Probably since I heard Mother's Milk back when it first came out in 1989. Good shit! I've enjoyed every album since then. One Hot Minute was somewhat tolerable too, but John is a way better fit then Navarro. I love Navarro with Jane's though. I saw the Red Hots in 2000 when they toured with STP for Californication.

My favorite song is Dosed

My favorite album is Californication

Some of my other favs album-wise are:

BloodSugarSexMagik
By the Way
Stadium Arcadium
Mother's Milk
The Uplift Mofo Party (their last album with original guitarist, Hillel Slovak)

:lol: He copped some shit from us that night :D

Glad to see I'm not the only one who isn't a Kiedis fan. Do you know most of Frusciante's solo work, including all his reallly drugged up, Usually Just a T-Shirt work? It's fucked.

I skipped his two drugged up albums. I have most of the rest of his solo work.

I dislike the commercial, softer sound of their post-One Hot Minute records, despite some solid tracks being on there. By the Way is especially incredibly dull.

Their work in the 80's and early 90's is amazing. Mother's Milk is one of my favorite albums. And I care to believe that One Hot Minute is vastly underrated.

Absolutely :up:

hey, what do you think of (Hey Oh), I think its one of their poorest.

I think it's garbage. It was a pretty crap album actually.

I skipped his two drugged up albums. I have most of the rest of his solo work.

You should have a listen to it, it's quite, well, I don't really know the word. Titles like "You're Pussy's Glued to a Building on Fire", "Moist Vagina", "My Smile is a Rifle" explains it pretty well.

Also interesting to hear that apparently Under the Bridge was built on Andy Warhol by David Bowie and a T-Rex song.

I have four of their albums not one of them is great

Blood Sugar Sex Magik is pretty much crap
Californication is half brilliant half filler
By The Way is average overall
And Stadium Arcadium would of been a great album if they didn't make it a two disc, can they not handle having an album that isn't half filler?:wink:

So yeah I love some singles but I'm really not a fan...

Yeah, must admit I'm a bit of a fan.:D Also thats what inspired my user name.:D I'm not like heavily into them or obsessed or anything though, but do like a bit of a listen. My fave album is probably stadium.......or maybe californication

Fave songs:
Dani California
She's only 18
Parallell Universe
By the way
give it away
So much I

Am sure there's more but cannot think.:D I can't believe there's a RHCP thread :rockon:

Stopped by, since Otherside is now playing :)

I really liked Stadium Arcadium!

There usta be a thread, until, well, there usta be a lot of music threads. Ask a mod-chick :shh: :shifty:

some faves:
Can't Stop
By The Way
Parallel Universe
Universally Speaking
If
Storm In A Teacup

RHCP are probably my 2nd or 3rd favourite band. They really helped a lot with my guitar playing since U2 songs arnt very guitar friendly. Under the Bridge is the first song I learnt to play all the way though, and I used it in my Music GCSE. :up:

Didnt think much of Stadium Arcadium, was a bit monotonous.

I've seen a few videos of them live, and TBH, I wasnt impressed. The one live performance Ive seen of them I liked was on Top of The Tops, on a Chili Peppers special, and Id really love an audio of it, so if anyone has it or knows where to get it Id very much appriciate it. :) I do have it on VHS but thats where its staying. :huh:

I'm curious to see where this album goes. I kind of liked the last one, honestly. Not loved, no, but there was enough material on there for one decent album.

These guys already blew, and now that they lost the guy who would shoot up and cover Simon & Garfunkel live in between his band's own macho bullshit, I can't help but think they will finally be the musical equivalent of cock-in-a-sock.

facepalm.gif

I liked their last three albums to various degrees, but I'm at a point where I'm starting to think, well do I really need another Red Hot Chilli Peppers album? Unless it really grabs my attention I'm going to pass.

Because it's easier than finding something nice to say about RHCP. :wink:

OK, I've exhausted my schoolyard jabs. As you were.

Back
Top Bottom