Red Hot Chili Peppers Thread - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2020, 04:09 AM   #461
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:52 AM
Here's the Marc Maron podcast with Josh Klinghoffer if you're interested in how the whole story with Frusciante coming back unfolded:

Episode 1091 - Josh Klinghoffer — WTF with Marc Maron Podcast

It starts around 18 minutes in.

djerdap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 05:10 AM   #462
45:33

Local Time: 07:52 PM
Ooh thanks for sharing

cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 06:04 PM   #463
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:52 AM

RHCP were fortunate to have Josh when John left to pursue a solo career. He was a team player and held his own with the other members. I'm glad John is back because that is truly the classic line up, but Josh deserves credit for his time with the band. Navarro ultimately didn't gel with the band. Josh did. It would be great if they released an album this year. They're still an exciting band.
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 04:46 AM   #464
45:33

Local Time: 07:52 PM
He says in the interview there's no animosity, but it sounds like he's pretty cut up about it. Which is fair enough. I think also because he doesn't seem to speak to John anymore.

I am hoping that, with two musicians as talented as John & Flea, that their next album will be good. By the Way is an all-time fav of mine, but Stadium Arcadium sucked.
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 03:08 PM   #465
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
He says in the interview there's no animosity, but it sounds like he's pretty cut up about it. Which is fair enough. I think also because he doesn't seem to speak to John anymore.

I am hoping that, with two musicians as talented as John & Flea, that their next album will be good. By the Way is an all-time fav of mine, but Stadium Arcadium sucked.
I couldn't disagree more. Wow. Stadium Arcadium is an absolute tour de force on John's part(both in terms of guitar and backing vocals), and Flea is on fire too. One of the records of theirs that I come back to most often. Sad you don't like it.

But then, I love everything they've done with John. And a fair deal of stuff they've done without him.
namkcuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:01 PM   #466
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
I couldn't disagree more. Wow. Stadium Arcadium is an absolute tour de force on John's part(both in terms of guitar and backing vocals), and Flea is on fire too. One of the records of theirs that I come back to most often. Sad you don't like it.

But then, I love everything they've done with John. And a fair deal of stuff they've done without him.

Yes, I grew to love Stadium also. Granted, initially I didn't listen to it much, but when I revisited it I played a lot of songs repeatedly. Sure there were some skippers, and it probably should have been one album, but the good outweighed the ok.
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 02:12 PM   #467
War Child

Local Time: 08:52 AM
I thought Stadium Arcadium was brilliant with its hits, and even with its misses - of which there were plenty.

Classic "double album that could have been a single" album situation, but still - even the songs I'm not particular high on have moments of pure brilliance on them.

The John Tree is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
red hot chili peppers