Record Store Day 2011 tomorrow :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just didn't realize there was a RSD version of it. I see each THE JACK! album brand new every time I go shopping. In fact, I should probably expand my collection beyond ISM and Evil Urgez.

Yeah, I'd love to know if there was anything special about the RSD release. It was listed as "regional distribution" if I remember, which tells me nothing. But that makes me doubt that there was any special packaging or whatever.

BTW, I'd probably tell any friend wanting to try out MMJ to start with Z. It's definitely my favorite. But I've only got the most recent three releases.

You're not doing yourself any favors if you don't have At Dawn.

Also, this is complete horse shit:

2ijgaaf.jpg

Thanking my lucky stars after seeing this crap.

Imperor said:
So I went ahead and looked for more RSD fare on eBay. $250 for the Nirvana EP. $500 for the Lips set with colored vinyl. Ugh.

Also noticed the MMJ releases were picture discs: MY MORNING JACKET record store day ALL THREE DISCS RSD | eBay

Yeah, I was looking last night to see the value on Ebay of what I got. Shocked by how much some stuff was going for.

I knew there was something special about them, but I thought they were just colored vinyl. Picture discs are pretty cool.

Also, this is complete horse shit:

2ijgaaf.jpg

Thanking my lucky stars after seeing this crap.

The greed associated with RSD is pretty disturbing. About 25 of the 1000 Big Star Third pressings are on ebay right now - a pretty significant percentage. But keep an eye on it all. I just checked the My Morning Jacket Celebracion double 10" set that came out a couple of years ago, primarily out of curiosity since I own it. It was selling for $80-100 the week after it came out, but you can "buy it now" today for about $20, which means it auctions for considerably less.

Which impresses on me that I need to open it and put it on the turntable. :D

You didn't get it? Damn it.

I saw a few copies of it towards the end of the day, and I *almost* picked it up for you just in case, and then was like...naaah, I'm sure she got it. :(

The greed associated with RSD is pretty disturbing. About 25 of the 1000 Big Star Third pressings are on ebay right now - a pretty significant percentage. But keep an eye on it all. I just checked the My Morning Jacket Celebracion double 10" set that came out a couple of years ago, primarily out of curiosity since I own it. It was selling for $80-100 the week after it came out, but you can "buy it now" today for about $20, which means it auctions for considerably less.

Which impresses on me that I need to open it and put it on the turntable. :D

I don't know what it is about that EP, but I still find new copies of it in shops on a fairly regular basis.

I don't know what it is about that EP, but I still find new copies of it in shops on a fairly regular basis.

I don't doubt it. I saw a copy of the Pavement live album from Koln yesterday. I'm pretty sure I bought it the same RSD I got the MMJ Celebracion.

You didn't get it? Damn it.

I saw a few copies of it towards the end of the day, and I *almost* picked it up for you just in case, and then was like...naaah, I'm sure she got it. :(
yeah, my mom wasn't able to go, but she called the store we usually go to and after having to call several times over the course of a couple days, found out it was being held for a collector. :rolleyes:

boo. :(

I need to find the RSD 2010 Mule Variations reissue somewhere. Hopefully it went the same way as the aforementioned My Morning Jacket EP.

I'll probably be looking for the Wilco EP and the Black Keys single.
Also: Why so much classic rock this time around? I know Record Store Day's always had a lot of that (for obvious reasons), but it seems like almost everything on this list has been plucked from one reissue or another.

Holy shit, I want that Eight Miles High single. I'm assuming Ashley will want Metropolis Pt. 2 on vinyl, but other than that, yeah, pretty weak stuff here.

FWIW, I hate Black Friday RSD a lot.

However...

LemonMelon said:
I'm assuming Ashley will want Metropolis Pt. 2 on vinyl

:panic:

Also, I read the info on that Wall boxset, and it says these are the FIRST remastered vinyl tracks from The Wall....does that mean the album IS going to be remastered on vinyl at some point? I'm not angry about just buying it, it was only $5, but I would LOVE to have the remaster as well.

Back
Top Bottom