Record Store Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know you were all dying to see these, so enjoy!

CameraZOOM-20120425134540270.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120425134550655.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120425134624340.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120425134653024.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120425135042413.jpg

Wayne said Heady Fwends is getting an iTunes and CD release next month.

Those could be the same acoustic versions that came with the album if you purchased it from an indie store at launch as well, not sure.

damn, i'd like to get that bowie record but i don't think i'll be able to get to a record store. oh well. i don't think i could hack record store day (or the black friday one) crowd anyway.

In my experience the Black Friday RSD has not been nearly as busy as the one in April. Luckily the store I would probably go to is nowhere near the major shopping areas, so I would have to deal with the general Black Friday nonsense.

I'll probably show up just to see what I can grab.

it's the words "black friday" together. both are great til you put them together, although i suppose i'd hate "friday black" a lot less in that order. anything that implies shopping madness is inherently evil, and part of me wonders how we don't have more mass shootings at malls. maybe because i stay away from the mall that particular day?

I love Black Friday in general. I just still have a bad taste in my mouth from the way the record stores acted with regards to the U2 EP.

and part of me wonders how we don't have more mass shootings at malls.

I honestly wonder about this sometimes, too. And I work in a mall, so that combined with the stories of mass shootings I've heard about this year makes going down that mental road even more scary.

I don't even want to start thinking about Black Friday-my work schedule for the next couple months promises to be insane. I will likely be the living embodiement of this smiley after it's all over: :crack:.

Pfffft, I know you're all just psyched about gatefold edition r Kelly trapped in the closet and don't care about anything else on that list.

Live albums from bands that I like with only two albums are a terrible idea, never mind live albums from an absolutely awful band with only two albums. I'm sure that will sell really well, though.

i'm actually considering going this year. how does this stuff work? i mean, do they have all the rsd stuff in a separate pile that day or do they keep everything in with the artists? do all stores actually get all the releases? not like it's tomorrow or anything, just wondering.

Not that this helps but here all the RSD releases are in one section, separate from all the normal stuff. And not all stores get all releases, which is why I had Imperor get me Rubies last year. I managed to buy Heady Fwends off the Flaming Lips site while it was up but I got seven inches of M83's Mirror, Beach House's Lazuli b/w Equal Mind and St Vincent's Krokodil b/w Grot on the day.

Back
Top Bottom