Record Store Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And you guys think I'm country...

Ha.

Every local record store (as well as other stores) has been bought out and turned into banks. Somehow, despite the recession, there is still a new bank around here every week. I could get to fifty in five minutes, yet can't get a CD around here anywhere.

Now that I think about it, there is still one, which is half bookstore, half music store. But it's ridiculously priced. It cost me $18 for No Line on the Horizon.

I don't have a local record store, as it turns out. I can only find CDs at Best Buy, and that's 25 minutes away. And you wonder why I download.
oh my, i live in the shitastic city of memphis and i can think of at least four record stores here. though i'm not sure if i'll get anything on record store day, though it wouldn't hurt to look i suppose.

I just talked to a guy who knows things, and he says there's a record store in my downtown, one which I never knew about. I'm going to check it out sometime soon.

Didn't he have it spelled it as "Uthan" in his sig for ages?

I never mentioned it, as it humored me.

Ha.

Every local record store (as well as other stores) has been bought out and turned into banks. Somehow, despite the recession, there is still a new bank around here every week. I could get to fifty in five minutes, yet can't get a CD around here anywhere.

Pennsylvanians seem to like turning other places into banks. My relatively small hometown has at least half a dozen banks that used to be restaurants, and only a handful of restaurants, nearly all of which suck. My parents have to drive half an hour to get a decent meal.

There's so many fucking banks. I mean, even within the last 18 months, I can name a dozen that have gone up in the five miles around my town. One's next to another bank (what the fuck?), one's at an old gas station, one's in the parking lot of an old grocery store, one's in the former home of a restaurant, etc.

I have my money in a credit union. Well, until college anyway. I need to change to PNC, to official bank of Penn State.

And the Lips/Keys split. And the Conchords single just for "Albi the Racist Dragon." I'll be spending a lot of money that day.

I'm with you here (spending a lot of money that day AND the Lips/Keys deal). I am also eyeing that Sonic youth/Beck split as well as the Decemberist single.

At some point I'll probably get a record player, I already know I won't really use it though. :huh:

I bought a record player that will create MP3s before I left Pennsylvania about three years ago. Still haven't used it. But I will SOMEDAY. RIGHT!?

Dang, I'm going to be in NYC that day, and Newbury Comics always has a big sale :(

Although I LOVE Newbury Comics, I bet you could find a few good stores in NYC to celebrate. :D Try the village.

I don't have a local record store, as it turns out. I can only find CDs at Best Buy, and that's 25 minutes away. And you wonder why I download.

Sounds like a good day to head to South Street.

Didn't he have it spelled it as "Uthan" in his sig for ages?

I never mentioned it, as it humored me.

Haha, he definitely did. It was spelled Uthan in his location and I also didn't say anything because I thought it was funny. Good times, good times.

i'm quite bummed out that i went to buy cds at newbury comics by the 2/3/16 rotary in cambridge, only to find it's now a cvs (or will be once construction is done). :sad:

Although I LOVE Newbury Comics, I bet you could find a few good stores in NYC to celebrate. :D Try the village.

I was just in the Village a few weeks ago and happened across a fine record store on Bleeker Street. Appropriately enough, it is called "Bleeker Street Records."

This is apparently the tracklist of the My Morning Jacket EP:

Celebración De La Ciudad Natal:

01 Evil Urges
02 Highly Suspicious
03 Gideon
04 Where to Begin
05 Librarian
06 Phone Went West
07 Dondante

nyc is too far away. ok, it's really not. but then i'd have to leave new england...

turns out i was unecessarily bummed out. that particular store just moved across the street. :der: it's sort of hard to see from the bridge, i swear.

I can't wait to pick up that Tom Waits 45 :hyper:

I really wish I didn't have to work. Maybe I'll call out and just hit all the local record stores :hmm:

All the Tower record stores got closed down in the US of A a few years back didn't they? Shame, twas a good store when I was in AmerikA....I got some good stuff.

Tower Records wouldn't have been in on this though.

Anyway, Record Store Day just got a lot more expensive. The first three Wilco albums are getting reissues for the day, 180g 2xLP. I have to at least get Being There.

Sweet, Newbury Comics is having their 30% off used DVDs/CDs sale again too, time for me to go even more broke!

...I'm really looking forward to the Wilco DVD. One of the colleges in my town will be showing it in their movie theater that weekend, too. I'll be the one hiding in the back being all :hyper:

:drool: So jealous. I know I should just be happy that I got to see U2-3D since little else like this comes here, but I'd love to see those guys larger than life with big Dolby audio!

Pavement, live in 1988?? I don't think so, unless "Germany" is a bar in California. Maybe 98. Whatever, it may be worth checking out.

Record Store Day is officially here, ladies. Report your hauls. I will also do so as well, too.

Just got back from the Electric Fetus. They opened at 9, and the guy ringing up my purchases said there were 60+ people there storming the doors at opening. By the time I got there at 9:20, it was fairly slim pickings of the exclusives.

I found the two I was most looking for though:
Pavement - Live LP
Akron/Family - Everyone is Guilty 7" (includes a B-side, "Total Destruction")

And, the festivities aren't done, I'm heading to the Fifth Element this evening to check out Eyedea & Abilities doing an in-store performance. :D

impy, I'm digging the National theme you've got going on. :up:

Back
Top Bottom