Recommended 2014 Albums: Best of the Year through June

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This thread was exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much team.

I'm about 2/3rds of the way through a trial subscription to Spotify so this is good timing to try and give it a serious workout with these albums. The War on Drugs appeared quite a few times on people's lists, so I'll be sure to check that one out for sure.

I like The War on Drugs album but not as much as everyone else. It's very pretty but doesn't really stick with me. Wakin on a Pretty Daze tho :drool:

The album of the year is Dizzy Heights by Neil Finn - no need to listen to anything else this year. Brilliant album. Saw him live last week, he played for 3 hours. Flying in the Face of Love sounded great live as well as Divebomb.

88) Mogwai - Rave Tapes
89) Liam Finn - The Nihilist (7/10)
90) Tinariwen - Emmaar (7/10)
91) Beverly - Career (6.75/10)
92) Ought - More Than Any Other Day (6.5/10)
93) Neil Finn – Dizzy Heights (6.5/10)
94) Skrillex - Recess (6.5/10)

Damon Albarn's Everyday Robots kind of came and went didn't it? It is a good album.

I thought it was pretty good, he did decide to try and take a massive dump on his own work by putting Mr Tembo on it.

Destroys virtually everything on your 1-87.

That was an album that kept getting pushed down the list from me only hearing it once. I didn't even give it an arbitrary numerical ranking. I'll have to get it another listen at some point.

That was an album that kept getting pushed down the list from me only hearing it once. I didn't even give it an arbitrary numerical ranking. I'll have to get it another listen at some point.

If not, I will release my friend to destroy you.

8232012220622mnj9j.jpg

Back
Top Bottom