Random Music Thread LXIII: Cobbler is disqualified for poor effort.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm a little late here, but what a photograph, Niels! Gorgeous light and what an accomplishment. :up:

Indeed, I don't accept late congratulations. :wink:

Again, thank you all for the congrats. The whole experience meant a lot to me.

Also, wild impalas > tame impalas.

I ate impala in South Africa earlier this year. And springbok. And kudu. And wild boar. And macaroni and cheese.

Please remember he's in Belgium, he's crazily young, and his English is phenomenal.

Edited. I always with have trouble with the apostrophes in English. It's the other way around in Dutch. Plural with ' and most possessive forms without '.

My English should be better than it is. I lived in the USA for three years. I've already forgotten a lot.

Edited. I always with have trouble with the apostrophes in English. It's the other way around in Dutch. Plural with ' and most possessive forms without '.

My English should be better than it is. I lived in the USA for three years. I've already forgotten a lot.

Your English is phenomenal, please.

I'm starting to come around to EPs. They're fun. You throw them on when you have a free 20 minutes and move on to something else.

I already loved Chameleons and Slowdive, but they had some terrific EPs I had missed :up:

Your English is phenomenal, please.

Yes, it is. This last trip I took reminded me of how woefully deficient Americans are with languages. I met a few Belgian guys while I was waiting for a bus. They addressed me in Italian, to which I sputtered out some broken response. They then addressed me in flawless English.

I read so much positive stuff about japandroids, so I checked them out with much anticipation....and......meh, just didn't do it for me, unfortunately. :(

I think Celebration Rock is an album that you cannot really think about if you want to enjoy it. It's just a thirty-odd minute shot of adrenaline and doesn't seem to want to be anything else.

Yes, it is. This last trip I took reminded me of how woefully deficient Americans are with languages. I met a few Belgian guys while I was waiting for a bus. They addressed me in Italian, to which I sputtered out some broken response. They then addressed me in flawless English.

The most depressed I've ever been on this topic was when I had a 5 hour layover in the Amsterdam airport. I talked to about 20 different strangers from at least 5 different countries, all of whom spoke perfect english, their native language and usually at least one other language....I know like 50 words in Spanish. I can buy a fucking bottle of water and ask how much it costs, maybe ask you to close the door or window and ask why the cow is red....fucking useless.

I think Celebration Rock is an album that you cannot really think about if you want to enjoy it. It's just a thirty-odd minute shot of adrenaline and doesn't seem to want to be anything else.

I'm a total moron, I don't overthink music, trust me. I wanted to like it, bought it, put it on, gave it back to back listens with headphones while out on the balcony, and, it just didn't do it for me. Maybe I'll try one more time.....

The most depressed I've ever been on this topic was when I had a 5 hour layover in the Amsterdam airport. I talked to about 20 different strangers from at least 5 different countries, all of whom spoke perfect english, their native language and usually at least one other language....I know like 50 words in Spanish. I can buy a fucking bottle of water and ask how much it costs, maybe ask you to close the door or window and ask why the cow is red....fucking useless.

Same here. I can remember various aspects of the Spanish I took in school-a few words here and there and whatnot, but I'll be damned if I can create a proper sentence and be fluent in the language. I'd like to go back and study it again, actually. Maybe someday.

I'm a total moron, I don't overthink music, trust me. I wanted to like it, bought it, put it on, gave it back to back listens with headphones while out on the balcony, and, it just didn't do it for me. Maybe I'll try one more time.....

Were you sipping a fine Merlot out on that balcony?

Fucking hell, Japandroids is music to take PCP to. Next time, go punch a grizzly or something. Damn.

Same here. I can remember various aspects of the Spanish I took in school-a few words here and there and whatnot, but I'll be damned if I can create a proper sentence and be fluent in the language. I'd like to go back and study it again, actually. Maybe someday.

I have been telling myself that I'll go back and study it again for years now. I never do it. :( I hope you do.

I'm upset that since I moved away from Montreal, my French and Italian language skills have actually diminished because of lack of use. That became especially apparent on my visit last week.

If I had more time, I would work to rectify it. I may just resort to just watching more French and Italian television.

Please remember he's in Belgium, he's crazily young, and his English is phenomenal.
I didn't know the first part, may have been able to guess the second part, and agree with the third part, now that I know the first part.

It's when native speakers use apostrophes to indicate plurals that makes me want to explode.

A joke, which you've heard before:

You call someone who speaks three languages trilingual.
Someone who speaks two, bilingual.
What do you call someone who speaks one language?

An American.

I'm sorry I listened to music wrong. :(

You're doing OK, being a total moron and all :hug: :)

In all seriousness, while it disappoints me that a ton of people don't get anything out of Japandroids, the critics foaming at the mouth over them, trying to make sense of music that is pure adrenaline made me laugh. You either dig it or you don't, and a lot of whether or not you do depends on context. Their albums are repetitive and one-note if I dedicate my full attention to them. Put them on at the gym or something and it's an entirely different story. And they are tremendous live.

You're doing OK, being a total moron and all :hug: :)

In all seriousness, while it disappoints me that a ton of people don't get anything out of Japandroids, the critics foaming at the mouth over them, trying to make sense of music that is pure adrenaline made me laugh. You either dig it or you don't, and a lot of whether or not you do depends on context. Their albums are repetitive and one-note if I dedicate my full attention to them. Put them on at the gym or something and it's an entirely different story. And they are tremendous live.

I hear you. I wasn't bashing them, more wishing I liked them more, since I'm always on a quest for music that raises my adrenalin levels a bit. I think I first started talking to mofo due to my quest to find such music......

The new Two Door Cinema Club album is just OK. It sounds good, the production is slick and professional (perhaps too much so) and their rhythm section is still strong, but every song sounds the same. They try for a math rock thing, but their arrangements aren't very creative.

I liked the last album though; diminishing returns and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom