Random Music Talk CXXX: The AFL Finally Gets Revenge on Meat Loaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins has been found dead in Bogotá, Colombia. They were supposed to headline a festival there tonight.

Horrible news.

[TWEET]1507552958988255234[/TWEET]

I just fell in love with all of the individual members of the band after seeing Studio 666. This is shocking in its timing.

Damn. I've never been a huge Foo Fighters fan but I like some of their singles and Hawkins was a memorable dude. Had the rock star drummer look and definitely played with a ton of energy.

I’m seeing Foo in August. This really sucks. Horrible loss and he seemed like a great dude. :sad:

My fiancé, son and I belted it “Making A Fire” in the car today. :sad:

Also, if anyone has the motivation to now listed to Foo Fighters, “Wasting Light” is one of the best rock albums in the last 20 years.

And their new metal albums kicks ass.

Phil Collins and Genesis played their last show last night.

I know Phil has had some health problems, but he looks horrible. He looks more like 91 instead of 71. Sad to see.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...bandmates-iconic-band-play-FINAL-concert.html

:sad: I would have loved to see them live, but I’m so happy I got to see Phil solo in 2018. It was heartbreaking to have seen him in such a fragile state, but it was a great show. He’s a trooper for even agreeing to tour with those medical issues.

I was definitely a Genesis/Phil Collins fan back in the 80's/early 90's. All good things must come to an end and Phil is in bad shape, but bless him for getting on stage and still performing. Grace Slick once alluded to this very situation when she retired decades ago. She didn't think senior citizens should be rock and rollers. Phil took it to the next level. He's a freakin' invalid.

Also, if anyone has the motivation to now listed to Foo Fighters, “Wasting Light” is one of the best rock albums in the last 20 years.

Yup. The one later album of theirs that absolutely ranks up with their first few. And maybe then some?

A devastating loss for sure, though. I was lucky enough to meet him a few times over the years and he was such a sweet man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom