Random Music Talk CXXX: The AFL Finally Gets Revenge on Meat Loaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FAM

I FOUND IT

Screenshot-2022-12-29-at-3-19-32-pm.png

Just checking in to say that my team got 3rd place (out of 31 teams) at bar trivia tonight. I got the name of Harry Styles's debut album correct.

It's Harry Styles.

FAM

I FOUND IT

Screenshot-2022-12-29-at-3-19-32-pm.png

I always forget we have a big Level 42 fan here on the forum.

yeah. the worst song on that album by far is good day sunshine, a dumb failed attempt at copying a donovan song.

WRONG.

The song was much admired by American composer and orchestral conductor Leonard Bernstein.[7] When presenting the CBS News documentary Inside Pop: The Rock Revolution in April 1967, Bernstein praised "Good Day Sunshine" for its rhythmic surprises and key changes, citing these as examples of why the Beatles' music was superior to most of their contemporaries' work.

Probably my favorite Macca track on there. Also shows how unoriginal George was by coming up with a song called "Here Comes The Sun" 3 years later.

And Taxman isn't even the weakest Harrison song on Revolver, it's I Want to Tell You.

yeah. the worst song on that album by far is good day sunshine, a dumb failed attempt at copying a donovan song.

I always forget we have a big Level 42 fan here on the forum.

WRONG.

The song was much admired by American composer and orchestral conductor Leonard Bernstein.[7] When presenting the CBS News documentary Inside Pop: The Rock Revolution in April 1967, Bernstein praised "Good Day Sunshine" for its rhythmic surprises and key changes, citing these as examples of why the Beatles' music was superior to most of their contemporaries' work.

Probably my favorite Macca track on there. Also shows how unoriginal George was by coming up with a song called "Here Comes The Sun" 3 years later.

And Taxman isn't even the weakest Harrison song on Revolver, it's I Want to Tell You.

https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f221/the-beatles-appreciation-thread-191516.html

#you'vebeenlazzed

For what it's worth, my ranking (of the songs I can remember how they go) would be:

She Said She Said
Good Day Sunshine
Tomorrow Never Knows
Got to Get You into My Life
Eleanor Rigby
And Your Bird Can Sing
Here, There and Everywhere
Taxman
I'm Only Sleeping
Doctor Robert
Yellow Submarine

Two shows I watched this year with absolutely fantastic soundtracks are Yellowjackets and Atlanta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom