Random Music Talk CXXX: The AFL Finally Gets Revenge on Meat Loaf - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2022, 08:06 PM   #381
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
Questlove too? Damn.
Questlove has been in the NBC house band for that idiot manchild on the Tonight Show for how many years? 15?

He ain’t exactly Boots Riley.

lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 08:16 PM   #382
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:43 AM
If it’s any consolation, the majority of crypto-bros are getting their asses handed to them at the moment.

iron yuppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 09:12 PM   #383
45:33

Local Time: 04:43 PM
I made a meme about them.

I have a little crypto, have invested about $250, so if it does end up going up I'll make a bit of money. But very, very happy to not be into the crypto or NFT scene, it is laughable.
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 09:35 PM   #384
Blue Crack Addict

I remember an acquaintance of mine bought some I think in either 2020 or 2021 and then made a post that God told him in a dream that it would get up to $100k in 2022 and to sell then. It never did. So he didn’t sell. And now he’s lost a ton of money.
the tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 09:59 PM   #385

Might as well hold on. It may go up again.

I've got a mate who made a few million. Bought in the real early days, stashed it on a drive under his bed, forgot about it, heard about Bitcoin in the news, remembered the drive, checked it, and realised he'd made a few million.

Another mate of mine also got in early and has about 500k. I was heartbroken when he told me lol.
Old 06-21-2022, 10:41 PM   #386
Blue Crack Supplier

Is that Australian dollars? So they basically made like $300 and $50 respectively?
Old 06-22-2022, 12:05 AM   #387

You cunts have 1c pieces still.

iYup, I highly recommend you watch this: https://www.tiktok.com/@theneedletok...app=v1&lang=en

Very funny.
Old 06-22-2022, 06:12 AM   #388
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Just came to post about this. As a huge fan, this is one of the most depressing things I've ever seen.

That crowd is something to behold.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 09:20 AM   #389
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Might as well hold on. It may go up again.

I've got a mate who made a few million. Bought in the real early days, stashed it on a drive under his bed, forgot about it, heard about Bitcoin in the news, remembered the drive, checked it, and realised he'd made a few million.

Another mate of mine also got in early and has about 500k. I was heartbroken when he told me lol.
Not to pick on you, but I hope by now people (and governments) will have realized that there is no legitimate financial gap that crypto fills, and that unregulated digital currencies are just generally suited for nefarious purposes. As much as I don't want you to lose money, I hope the current decline is here to stay.
gump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 10:34 AM   #390
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

iYup, I highly recommend you watch this: https://www.tiktok.com/@theneedletok...app=v1&lang=en

Very funny.
I didn't know he had a TikTok, but it makes sense.

Quote:
Not to pick on you, but I hope by now people (and governments) will have realized that there is no legitimate financial gap that crypto fills, and that unregulated digital currencies are just generally suited for nefarious purposes. As much as I don't want you to lose money, I hope the current decline is here to stay.
This is the best article on Crypto delusions I have read: https://jacobin.com/2022/01/cryptocu...centralization

And also I find it endlessly comical that the Crypto crowd, with all their anti-government, anti-regulation rhetoric, are so quick to seek out government protection when they get scammed - which is increasingly frequent.
Old 06-22-2022, 11:48 AM   #391
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
I love this "insult."
HeartlandGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 12:23 PM   #392
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Just came to post about this. As a huge fan, this is one of the most depressing things I've ever seen.

What the fuuuuuck
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 08:19 PM   #393
ONE
love, blood, life

I submit for your consideration: the best pop song of the last five years or so.

Old 06-23-2022, 01:36 AM   #394
Blue Crack Supplier

There are probably 10 Carly Rae Jepsen tracks from the last 3 years better than that, just to name one other artist. Who isn't indie like Polachek but the best pop music usually isn't, tbh.
Old 06-23-2022, 04:01 AM   #395

There's some pop songs from recent times that I think are absolute bangers but I'm struggling to bring them all to mind. Doja Cat is responsible for several. Some of those Harry Styles songs are great.

Quote:
I don't mind at all. If it all turns to shit, the satisfaction would be just as good. Although it sucks that a bunch of people really made a lot of money before it did go to shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
That crowd is something to behold.
I'm not sure what's more depressing. The bros who aren't even paying remote attention while one of the greatest songs of all time is being played 10 feet from them, the fact that there's not a woman in sight and barely any non-white people, the dude that wrote the tweet who clearly has never vibed once in his life, or the fact that one of my favourite bands ever, who I love with my whole heart, are playing a show to a tiny crowd who don't give a shit. At least the dude with the cane is enjoying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
I didn't know he had a TikTok, but it makes sense.
I was more referring to the content of the Tiktok itself. As someone who finds Fantano fascinating, I thought you'd enjoy that. I went down the rabbit hole with it yesterday.
Old 06-23-2022, 04:03 AM   #396

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartlandGirl View Post
I love this "insult."
Would the women here prefer I not use this word?

It is perceived so, so differently here in Australia and is used quite frequently, by people of all genders, so I feel very comfortable using it, but I'm really the only Aussie remaining here now so if y'all would prefer I not use this word, I'm happy to cut it out.
Old 06-23-2022, 09:19 AM   #397
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

It is perceived so, so differently here in Australia and is used quite frequently, by people of all genders, so I feel very comfortable using it, but I'm really the only Aussie remaining here now so if y'all would prefer I not use this word, I'm happy to cut it out.

I was talking about insulting the fact that the US uses pennies. The c-word doesn't bother me.

But thank you for even asking!
HeartlandGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 10:53 AM   #398
Blue Crack Supplier

I knew what you meant and was like ??? when I read Cobbler's response.
Old 06-23-2022, 05:58 PM   #399
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

Yeah, I'm here with you. I didn't think it would ever get as high as it did, so I was wrong about that, but I still can't believe this time it recovers. It was always eventually going to run into government issues, it's just taken longer than I expected.

Quote:

Quote:
I was talking about insulting the fact that the US uses pennies. The c-word doesn't bother me.

The joke also cracked me up, but I do still continue to really not be fond of that word at all. Or any insult that's based around female anatomy, or women in general. Bitch, pussy, cunt, "does your vagina hurt?" etc. They're all pretty fucking weak insults to me, BUT that's also usually very dependent on who the person is that's throwing them around.
Old 06-23-2022, 07:41 PM   #400

Quote:

I think the quotation marks threw me off

But seriously, why the fuck do you have 1c coins

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post

I knew what you meant and was like ??? when I read Cobbler's response.
I just know it's been raised before, like Ashley above and I think Cori has had issues with it too, so perhaps I will try to be more circumspect.