Random Music Talk CXXX: The AFL Finally Gets Revenge on Meat Loaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is making a justifiable big deal about Stranger Things putting Kate Bush back on the charts. But wasn’t there a fairly popular cover of it these last few years that was always being played on the radio? I think it was the Meg Myers version which really sounded a lot like the original.

Tame Impala to Headline Desert Daze With Lonerism 10th Anniversary Set

Tame Impala and Iggy Pop just headlined there a few years ago it feels like, but I ain’t mad about seeing Lonerism in total.

Desert-Daze-2022.png

I've been organizing my CD collection this week. It's been a hell of a project. I own somewhere between 500 and 1000 CDs. Over the last decade or so it's gotten to the point where probably 80% of the discs are in the incorrect case (due to swapping them out in the car and being lazy, etc.)

Just wanted to come on here and confirm that the highest number of CDs I own by a single artist is still the band U2. By a pretty decent margin. And second most is Pearl Jam.

I've been organizing my CD collection this week. It's been a hell of a project. I own somewhere between 500 and 1000 CDs. Over the last decade or so it's gotten to the point where probably 80% of the discs are in the incorrect case (due to swapping them out in the car and being lazy, etc.)

Just wanted to come on here and confirm that the highest number of CDs I own by a single artist is still the band U2. By a pretty decent margin. And second most is Pearl Jam.

A little over a year ago, I donated the majority of my CD collection to a school art department that needed "a lot of the same thing" for creating projects. I held on to the U2 CDs, The Killers, and a few others that were either autographed or had sentimental value.

Good luck with your organizing. I love doing projects like that.

I moved apartments last week and decided to recycle all my CD cases and store the discs + liner notes into two giant CD pouches. I think keeping CDs/records is almost equivalent to keeping a diary. Most of them take me to the moment I bought them, are attached to certain places or people, etc. Now they are all hidden in a closet somewhere.

I moved apartments last week and decided to recycle all my CD cases and store the discs + liner notes into two giant CD pouches. I think keeping CDs/records is almost equivalent to keeping a diary. Most of them take me to the moment I bought them, are attached to certain places or people, etc. Now they are all hidden in a closet somewhere.

Travis and I put all of his CDs into three ring binders when we moved to LA and no longer had room for the CD shelves. It hurt to throw away all of those cases, but it was for the best for the space we had available.

Now of course, however, we've barely listened to any of these CDs since then >_>

I really need to handle my CDs and blu-rays someday but I’ve had bad luck with those binders ruining discs in the past. I probably have 500 CDs and 200 blu-rays. And mostly they’re just taking up space that could be used for other, more important stuff.

I have two of those giant binders and then a few smaller ones; threw out all the jewel cases. The albums in cardboard digipacks I kept intact and in their own small shelf unit, and I have a tall, thin rack with my favorite artists that I didn't want to touch.

I alternate the binders and always have one in my car (even the huge ones), so I'll flip through it several times a week and pick stuff to listen to from there.

I created a spreadsheet with all the CDs in my two giant binders so that I can at least find them... but I currently don't have a CD player as my PS4 is not working.

I also recently reorganized my CDs. I had two nice wood CD towers but had so much overflow that I found someone selling a similar one for cheap, so I scooped it up and now have all the CDs together again.

I have a nice system in the basement that I've neglected of late from a music standpoint, so took the time to listen to a few discs while I was rearranging, and forgot how nice it sounds. I'm going to try and listen to a few albums a week down there when I can.

I'm usually for artists getting their money, but that is wildly, wildly disappointing to hear.

Questlove too? Damn.

LCD annoyed me a lot when they refused to cancel their Brooklyn residency last November in the middle of the Omicron spike (until they were forced to do it). This is somehow even worse.

Just came to post about this. As a huge fan, this is one of the most depressing things I've ever seen.

[tweet]1539035068055932931[/tweet]

If it’s any consolation, the majority of crypto-bros are getting their asses handed to them at the moment.

I made a meme about them.

image.png

I have a little crypto, have invested about $250, so if it does end up going up I'll make a bit of money. But very, very happy to not be into the crypto or NFT scene, it is laughable.

I remember an acquaintance of mine bought some I think in either 2020 or 2021 and then made a post that God told him in a dream that it would get up to $100k in 2022 and to sell then. It never did. So he didn’t sell. And now he’s lost a ton of money.

Might as well hold on. It may go up again.

I've got a mate who made a few million. Bought in the real early days, stashed it on a drive under his bed, forgot about it, heard about Bitcoin in the news, remembered the drive, checked it, and realised he'd made a few million.

Another mate of mine also got in early and has about 500k. I was heartbroken when he told me lol.

Might as well hold on. It may go up again.

I've got a mate who made a few million. Bought in the real early days, stashed it on a drive under his bed, forgot about it, heard about Bitcoin in the news, remembered the drive, checked it, and realised he'd made a few million.

Another mate of mine also got in early and has about 500k. I was heartbroken when he told me lol.

Not to pick on you, but I hope by now people (and governments) will have realized that there is no legitimate financial gap that crypto fills, and that unregulated digital currencies are just generally suited for nefarious purposes. As much as I don't want you to lose money, I hope the current decline is here to stay.

You cunts have 1c pieces still.

iYup, I highly recommend you watch this: https://www.tiktok.com/@theneedleto...62542?is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1&lang=en

Very funny.

I didn't know he had a TikTok, but it makes sense.

Not to pick on you, but I hope by now people (and governments) will have realized that there is no legitimate financial gap that crypto fills, and that unregulated digital currencies are just generally suited for nefarious purposes. As much as I don't want you to lose money, I hope the current decline is here to stay.

This is the best article on Crypto delusions I have read: https://jacobin.com/2022/01/cryptocurrency-scam-blockchain-bitcoin-economy-decentralization

And also I find it endlessly comical that the Crypto crowd, with all their anti-government, anti-regulation rhetoric, are so quick to seek out government protection when they get scammed - which is increasingly frequent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom