Random Music Talk CXXX: The AFL Finally Gets Revenge on Meat Loaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
None of my kids care much for potatoes unless they’re French fries from a restaurant. Even homemade French fries and they turn up their noses. They’re such weirdos.

i was the same way when i was a kid. to me the only good thing about mashed potatoes was that i could make them into a mountain with my fork.

now i absolutely adore potatoes, it doesn't matter how they're made i will always eat and enjoy them. onions are my favourite vegetable but potatoes are a solid second place. third place is a close and still undecided battle between peppers and carrots.

the random food thread is definitely my favourite interference thread. :up:

I developed a potato allergy in 2015 - it showed up on an allergy test, and I always felt sick when I ate them. So in our school cafeteria, I'd ask the chef for one tater tot or one fry. Slowly I worked my way up to two or three tots, and so on. Last allergy test, no potato problem. So grateful to have retrained my immune system that potatoes are friends, not enemies.

And don't get me started on sweet potatoes... :drool:

i was the same way when i was a kid. to me the only good thing about mashed potatoes was that i could make them into a mountain with my fork.

now i absolutely adore potatoes, it doesn't matter how they're made i will always eat and enjoy them. onions are my favourite vegetable but potatoes are a solid second place. third place is a close and still undecided battle between peppers and carrots.

the random food thread is definitely my favourite interference thread. :up:

Onions are one of my least favorite simply because they destroy me. Feeling full up to my throat for 48 hours, extreme intestinal pain, but totally blocked up to the point I can’t even burp. Give me all the potatoes, corn, peppers, peas, carrots, and beans though.

I developed a potato allergy in 2015 - it showed up on an allergy test, and I always felt sick when I ate them. So in our school cafeteria, I'd ask the chef for one tater tot or one fry. Slowly I worked my way up to two or three tots, and so on. Last allergy test, no potato problem. So grateful to have retrained my immune system that potatoes are friends, not enemies.

And don't get me started on sweet potatoes... :drool:

I've heard that's possible, but for some reason I didn't think retraining could actually work. That's awesome.

When I was a kid, I'd make them into a volcano, put butter in the top so when it melted, could take a forkful from that surrounding area and the lava-butter would run down the sides of the volcano.

When I was a kid, I'd make them into a volcano, put butter in the top so when it melted, could take a forkful from that surrounding area and the lava-butter would run down the sides of the volcano.
Did aliens speak to you through music, as well?

Were you abducted by aliens?

EnragedImpeccableEmperorshrimp-size_restricted.gif

I've heard that's possible, but for some reason I didn't think retraining could actually work. That's awesome.

That's the theory behind allergy shots (which I also have to get). They inject you with ever-increasing doses of the stuff you're allergic to to retrain your body not to react, or at least not react as severely. 2021 was the first year of my adult life without a sinus infection, so I think the shots are helping too.

Now if I could just retrain my immune system to accept avocados, we'd be in business!

That's the theory behind allergy shots (which I also have to get). They inject you with ever-increasing doses of the stuff you're allergic to to retrain your body not to react, or at least not react as severely. 2021 was the first year of my adult life without a sinus infection, so I think the shots are helping too.

Now if I could just retrain my immune system to accept avocados, we'd be in business!
Not Avocados, too?!?!

It would be nice if we could figure something like that out for my middle kid (he’s 4). He’s allergic to dairy, eggs, and peanuts. Like, breaks out in hives, throat closing up sort of allergic.

Not Avocados, too?!?!

Seriously! I miss guacamole so much.

It would be nice if we could figure something like that out for my middle kid (he’s 4). He’s allergic to dairy, eggs, and peanuts. Like, breaks out in hives, throat closing up sort of allergic.

Yeah, I should say that people with life-threatening allergies definitely need a doctor's guidance and shouldn't try things like my tater tot experiment. I'm sure you know that. Those types of allergies are not to be messed with.

Last edited:
So pissed. Looks like the lead singer of Dance Gavin Dance is going to rehab for sexually assaulting women fans. Makes me want to never listen to them again.

Has anyone been in a similar situation where one of your favorite bands/musicians turned out to be complete pieces of shit? How did you handle it?

So pissed. Looks like the lead singer of Dance Gavin Dance is going to rehab for sexually assaulting women fans. Makes me want to never listen to them again.

Has anyone been in a similar situation where one of your favorite bands/musicians turned out to be complete pieces of shit? How did you handle it?

I can’t think of instances where they turned out to be big pieces of shit but I do have similar feelings about artists who sell out and capitalize on their fans with fake ass music and big demands for money.

I really liked Ryan Adams’ self titled and Prisoner records and now I struggle to listen to them, and feel weird listening to him at all. Which is a major bummer, because those two records are fantastic.

I'll let you know if I ever get over the Kevin Spacey situation.

What does interference think of Stranger Things making Running Up That Hill by Kate Bush one of (if not the) top streamed songs in the US? I think my only Kate Bush experience before was from Desert Island (RIP), but I knew the song via the Chromatics cover. But hot damn, Kate Bush’s original is incredible. I’ve already thought about covering it, but probably so have a hundred thousand other artists at this point.

I really liked Ryan Adams’ self titled and Prisoner records and now I struggle to listen to them, and feel weird listening to him at all. Which is a major bummer, because those two records are fantastic.

Ryan Adams was one of my favorite artists over the last two decades. Absolutely loved his albums, whether solo or with The Cardinals. His music is incredible, but yeah, I rarely go back to any of it now. Just feels gross and disappointing.

With Deftones, I read somewhere that their lead singer had gotten professional help for his issues, and that actually made the situation better for me. I don't listen to them all that often anyway, but when I do, I don't feel too bad about it.

Thankfully not many of my fav artists have been properly cancelled. Plenty of periphery ones, but U2, Bowie, OutKast, James Murphy, Nick Cave, The National, pretty much all of the newer, female, queer or non-binary artists I enjoy, are all relatively in the clear.

One of the best footballers of all time, who played for my team and whose son is one of my favourite players of all time, should be in prison, but I was too young when his career was happening to care too much, so it hasn't been difficult.

I have wondered when they'll come for Killer Mike and Big Boi though. Snappin' & Trappin' is one of the most horrifically misogynist songs ever recorded.

What does interference think of Stranger Things making Running Up That Hill by Kate Bush one of (if not the) top streamed songs in the US? I think my only Kate Bush experience before was from Desert Island (RIP), but I knew the song via the Chromatics cover. But hot damn, Kate Bush’s original is incredible. I’ve already thought about covering it, but probably so have a hundred thousand other artists at this point.

I don't watch the show at all but it's been in my head because of the hype, listening to Hounds of Love now for the first time because of it haha!

The cover I know best is by Placebo. Not a bad version at all.

At my workout class today I was subjected to a 60-minute Eminem playlist. I don't know how others feel, but that was far and away the shittiest hip-hop I've ever heard. No variety of beats; no variety of flow; no variety of subject matter. Just abjectly terrible.

The new Angel Olsen is so nice. I like that she decided to go back to more overt Americana influences. Right Now is not quite Sister, but took me immediately back to it with its epic structure.

At my workout class today I was subjected to a 60-minute Eminem playlist. I don't know how others feel, but that was far and away the shittiest hip-hop I've ever heard. No variety of beats; no variety of flow; no variety of subject matter. Just abjectly terrible.

He’s an asshole that has spent his whole career using the macho man angry face and voice to be accepted by his peers. I don’t like or dislike his music, it’s just kind of there. He’s basically the Vegeta of hip hop.

The new Angel Olsen is so nice. I like that she decided to go back to more overt Americana influences. Right Now is not quite Sister, but took me immediately back to it with its epic structure.

Yeah, I absolutely love it.

What was on it? He's hasn't released anything remotely approaching a good song since 2002, but for a three-year stretch he was incredible.

What was on it? He's hasn't released anything remotely approaching a good song since 2002, but for a three-year stretch he was incredible.

The only song I really took notice of had Dr Dre and 50 Cent on it.

While I'm on the topic of artists I think are terrible: Vinyl Me Please looks they are going to have a Bright Eyes album as their next record of the month, and god can I say how awful that band is. The lead guy seems to think the measure of a song is how many pages of lyrics you can stuff into it. Makes Bono look laconic ffs.

I like some Oberst stuff. He just has some issues though. He’s been writing and recording songs since the age of 12. His discography was hard to follow for a while which is funny to me since I’m a Guided By Voices fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom