Random Music Talk CXXVIII: Cobbler's 42 Hat Sucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the new solo Matt Berninger stuff. It’s definitely scratching my Trouble Will Find Me (my favorite of their albums) itch.

I'm pretty meh on the latest two tracks. Just a touch boring. The title track is good tho.

I asked a while back what people's fav jazz songs were... I've got another for the discussion: Kamasi Washington's "Truth" :drool:

If you ever wanted to voluntarily experience the awful feeling of "headspins" when drunk, put on a good pair of headphones and play "The Illest Villain" by Madvillainy.

Only a four-year wait for the next Avalanches record, instead of 16 (though wow, it felt a lot longer than that). We Will Always Love You is out 11th December. I do wish they'd go a bit more of the plunderphonics route rather than collabs, but I imagine it's a lot harder to make that sort of music these days.

I'm picturing someone trying to put the mask on Noel's face while he squirms around flailing his arms like a 5 year old. "STOP IT! THIS IS FUCKING BOLLOCKS!"

Public transit is like the #1 place to be wearing a mask :huh: :bvs:

I had to do a training downtown last Friday and took the subway. I had a cloth mask on with a more traditional surgical mask over that and even then I felt anxious with so many people wearing no masks at all. The masks cover the pervasive urine smell that cloaks the city of angels, so I'm no sure why anyone would be against wearing them here.

I dunno Noel, maybe they need to remove the mask to insert the food into their mouth?

I'm not defending his stance on masks, but I think the point about restaurants is the inconsistency involved with saying being maskless at a gym, for example, is a clear transmission risk, but not so in a bar or restaurant. IMO restaurants should still be takeout only and bars shouldn't be open at all.

So, does this mean his last name is "Loaf" like you would refer to him as Mr Loaf or like if you got married to him you would be Mrs (or Mr) Loaf?

He definitely has pretty much always referred to himself as Meat as though it was a first name....it's bizarre...but so is he.

I still love him.

I'm not defending his stance on masks, but I think the point about restaurants is the inconsistency involved with saying being maskless at a gym, for example, is a clear transmission risk, but not so in a bar or restaurant. IMO restaurants should still be takeout only and bars shouldn't be open at all.

I agree with you, I'm very glad that LA has continued to leave inside dining closed. I do also agree with allowing for outside dining at restaurants. When they briefly opened the gyms with no masks, I was not for it, but they DID eventually require masks again, before shutting the gyms back down altogether.

I'm picturing someone trying to put the mask on Noel's face while he squirms around flailing his arms like a 5 year old. "STOP IT! THIS IS FUCKING BOLLOCKS!"

Yelling “THIS IS NOT ROCK N ROLL MAN, DOING A LINE OF COKE OFF A HOOKER’S ASS IN BETWEEN SONGS BACKSTAGE IS ROCK N ROLL. COLDPLAY ISNT ROCK N ROLL MAN.”

I had to do a training downtown last Friday and took the subway. I had a cloth mask on with a more traditional surgical mask over that and even then I felt anxious with so many people wearing no masks at all. The masks cover the pervasive urine smell that cloaks the city of angels, so I'm no sure why anyone would be against wearing them here.

I have taken the subway in NYC a few times in the last few weeks but generally felt pretty safe. I'd say 90 to 95% mask compliance over here, and it helps that the trains are still so empty (my main line, the L, is generally overcrowded at most times, and I could find a seat with nobody remotely close to me on a weekday). I actually miss the subway a good deal, it's such a vital part of NYC. Although I now have a CitiBike membership and it has been fun to explore some different areas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom