Random Music Talk CXXVIII: Cobbler's 42 Hat Sucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to order it from overseas, but my copy of A Girl Called Eddy's Been Around arrived, and I just had a lovely little time sitting down with it and the lyrics. Such an interesting, fascinating story she has, and the songs are just so good. A big thanks to Ashley for including Jody in her DI entry.

[TWEET]1301571013851766785[/TWEET]

This is painful as hell, but I choose Sufjan.

Boxer for me.
Illinois is one of the least awesome Sufjan albums IMO. I’ll take Michigan over it every time. That will probably be an unpopular opinion.

That one is fairly difficult because I’d be fine eliminating two of them. The only one of those that I really love is Boxer.

Oh it said one must go. That would be Wilco easily. I meant Boxer is the one I would keep.

Funeral and YHF definitely stay from that top 4.

Boxer is more consistently enjoyable than Illinois, but Illinois has higher peaks.

I'd probably take Boxer out because Alligator can somewhat replace it, whereas nothing can replace Come On! Feel the Illinoise!, Chicago, and Casimir Pulaski Day.

All four albums are overrated. Illinois > Boxer > YHF > Funeral, but Illinois has a LOT of filler and dead weight, Boxer is very stuffy and not much fun, YHF has a few misses and Funeral just isn't the classic everyone says it is.

Funeral and YHF definitely stay from that top 4.

Boxer is more consistently enjoyable than Illinois, but Illinois has higher peaks.

I'd probably take Boxer out because Alligator can somewhat replace it, whereas nothing can replace Come On! Feel the Illinoise!, Chicago, and Casimir Pulaski Day.

Similar thinking here, only I think Fake Empire, Slow Show and Apartment Story are irreplaceable too, so I pick Boxer. But I agree that Illinois has very high peaks. More importantly, I think I would be ok with Sufjan’s catalog sans Illinois more than The National’s sans Boxer.

Cobbler is wrong entirely though. None of these albums are overrated. Funeral is one of the handful of 21st centuries true masterpieces in my view.

All four albums are overrated. Illinois > Boxer > YHF > Funeral, but Illinois has a LOT of filler and dead weight, Boxer is very stuffy and not much fun, YHF has a few misses and Funeral just isn't the classic everyone says it is.

Jesus, Travis, why did you ask for this.

It seems I only come to this place when I'm absolutely blitzed now, so imagine my confusion when it turns out the dead forum has actually staggered to a new thread.

I must admit that Wilco does very little for me. I've tried to like Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and it just doesn't connect. Easily the one that I'd drop out of these four.

Funeral and Boxer are both absolute classics.

I'm desperate here, would anyone like to play fantasy football? We're one team short. I can accept that this is the last year we're going to do it here on Interference, but I at least want to KNOW that I'm doing it for the last time. It would suck if last year was it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom