Random Music Talk CXXVIII: Cobbler's 42 Hat Sucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't seem to find the post about the new Pearl Charles album from Ashley (or LM?). But damn, that's is a really nice record. The first song, which is ABBA-like, threw me off a bit, as the rest of the record goes in a different direction. But great stuff.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think this might turn out to be a better homage to the 70s than whatever Annie Clark is planning.

Last edited:
It was LM, but I also like it quite a bit. Though that first song really does throw me off for most of the rest of the album.

I....can't believe I'm saying this, but I just bought a ticket. For a real show. In October. Not sure if it's overoptimistic, reckless or something else, but it kind of made me emotional.

I’m 5 songs into the new Greta Van Fleet album and I’ve never been so annoyed by a singers vocals before. It’s just bad. The dude has one thing/technique and he just milks it. On. Every. Song.

I hope pitchfork destroys this album like the last one.

They’re talented, but damn.

I....can't believe I'm saying this, but I just bought a ticket. For a real show. In October. Not sure if it's overoptimistic, reckless or something else, but it kind of made me emotional.

Who and where? I hope so you can. That's awesome mate.

We've had concerts back for a little while now, but only Aussie acts obviously. GNR are meant to be touring later this year, but given some experts think we won't get international travel back until 2024... hard to see it happening.

To be honest though, as much as it would be stupid, I'd be all for artists getting exemptions to travel overseas.

Em & I had tickets in the first five rows for three consecutive National & Phoebe Bridgers shows at the fucking Palais, which is a small theatre (2,896 capacity), in December. That just won't ever happen now :sigh:

I went to one of the first COVIDsafe gigs after our lockdown and it was a surreal experience going into a music venue again - especially with all the measurements they had in place.

Could only be seated, order drinks via a code, and the band, Black Cab, actually played two shows that night. A 7pm and 9.30 show, featuring some cool lighting at each of the tables.

So glad I had that experience, as gigs are mostly back to normal now here (just with limited capacities).

Who and where? I hope so you can. That's awesome mate.

We've had concerts back for a little while now, but only Aussie acts obviously. GNR are meant to be touring later this year, but given some experts think we won't get international travel back until 2024... hard to see it happening.

To be honest though, as much as it would be stupid, I'd be all for artists getting exemptions to travel overseas.

Em & I had tickets in the first five rows for three consecutive National & Phoebe Bridgers shows at the fucking Palais, which is a small theatre (2,896 capacity), in December. That just won't ever happen now :sigh:

Waxahatchee in a small club in my neighborhood. I really hope it happens. But I figured that if it doesn’t at least these independent venues could use the influx of cash right now. I don’t want to be irresponsible, but hopefully with vaccination rolled out extensively this should be doable.

Shame on that National/PB show. Hopefully they reschedule and you retain your seats. I’m waiting to hear about a Wilco/Sleater-Kinney show that had been rescheduled for August and for which I have pre-pandemic tickets.

Fingers crossed for you mate.

No chance. It'll be at least 2022 til they get here, and that's extremely optimistic, and Phoebe is, like, 50 times bigger now than she was when the show was first announced (mid 2019).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom