Random Music Talk CXXVIII: Cobbler's 42 Hat Sucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her album is one of those I couldn’t get to last year but will definitely give it a try soon. The descriptions I’ve read and list of influences make me very excited about it.

Ashley recommended A Girl Called Eddy to me, but I passed Rina's album to her. Been a fan since her great EP from a couple years ago.

This was fun. And in a way, as different as their styles are, Sawayama made me think of A Girl Called Eddy in how she blends in pretty disparate influences. I am not sure how STFU!, Love Me For Mel and Chosen Family belong in the same album musically, but it kind of works? Anyways, pretty nice and creative pop album for these ears.

This was fun. And in a way, as different as their styles are, Sawayama made me think of A Girl Called Eddy in how she blends in pretty disparate influences. I am not sure how STFU!, Love Me For Mel and Chosen Family belong in the same album musically, but it kind of works? Anyways, pretty nice and creative pop album for these ears.

Totally! I struggle to explain the album to anyone, so I try to just grab the three most disparate tracks whenever I recommend it. It's wild and I love it. Glad you checked it out and enjoyed it :D.

Just listened to this album, which I loved quite a bit, only to discover it's actually from last October, and Metacritic lied to me that it was new to 2021 :scream:

Ah, whatever, still not going to let a good record get away just because it came out in a different calendar year:

Rate Your Music has the genre tags as: Folk Rock, Yacht Rock, Psychedelic Folk, Blues...that's probably about right. There's a little gospel in there as well. Reminds me ever so slightly of Spiritualized.

I always hated that song and the idiot frontman of that band, particularly for these choice lyrics:

Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around, we'll kick your asses

:rolleyes:

How'd that work out for you, one hit wonder? At leas the Gallaghers were able to back up their bullshit for a couple albums.
Do not care at all about the integrity of that band or that song, and I'm not even sure I buy it, but he has been quoted as saying he wrote that verse to see if everyone would focus on that instead of the verse before it where he outlines how fucked up the healthcare and economic system in the US is.

Well that performance was neat-o.

They avoided the subject of the verse and just didn't sing it at all.

I imagine there's a bunch of people on a New Radicals forum somewhere thinking this is the equivalent of U2 not doing Shine Like Stars or Hear Us Coming.

I imagine there's a bunch of people on a New Radicals forum somewhere thinking this is the equivalent of U2 not doing Shine Like Stars or Hear Us Coming.

If Interference has like 20 people left and @U2 is shut down, I trust the New Radicals didn’t make it into the millennium.

Sweet little bit to see them do that.

fuck i love these :lol:

EsMeeXgWMAAxRex

EsMedb8XUAEErEX

EsM2fLyXIAAZufO

EsNV9qeUYAIbIfl

Last edited:
So one of my best mates has a 'mate' who is fully QAnon. He lives in Queensland and is Australian but has developed quite the interest in US politics. He bet my mate $2,000 that Trump would inaugurated today, and now that Biden has very clearly been inaugurated, his response to my mate asking for his money is "how do you not see what's happening? This is all part of the plan - Biden gets sworn in to reveal to everyone the web of corruption... he is about to be arrested and Trump will be re-inaugurated within days..."

He's been wrong every step of the way, all his predictions have been false, but he just keeps saying it's all part of the plan, and just delaying the next step.

In happier news, I've been looking forward to this damn concert all day.

But Bruce, how you going to do me like this with an acoustic "Land of Hopes and Dreams"?

In happier news, I've been looking forward to this damn concert all day.

But Bruce, how you going to do me like this with an acoustic "Land of Hopes and Dreams"?
Ugh, I swear it's the only song he plays anymore. So stale and predictable.

Did not expect Bon Jovi covering the Beatles.

Doing this from a boardwalk is the most Bon Jovi thing.

Ugh, I swear it's the only song he plays anymore. So stale and predictable.

The song totally made sense for the moment, I was just shocked by acoustic.

Did not expect Bon Jovi covering the Beatles.

Doing this from a boardwalk is the most Bon Jovi thing.

:lol:

Oh god, Bon Jovi covering the Beatles. This is so cringey.

Meh, it was just Jon, and it was the perfect song for the moment, honestly. I'm good with it.

There was clearly a theme going on of keeping the event tastefully somber, because, *SHOCK* we're actually talking about the pandemic and the people who have died this last year.

Really brave of Bono to thank conservatives in a social media post. So brave. So moving.

Yeah, that was pretty lame. But not surprising at all from him at this point.

These people enabled Trump for 4 years and then suddenly got a conscience when their own lives were threatened.

So one of my best mates has a 'mate' who is fully QAnon. He lives in Queensland and is Australian but has developed quite the interest in US politics. He bet my mate $2,000 that Trump would inaugurated today, and now that Biden has very clearly been inaugurated, his response to my mate asking for his money is "how do you not see what's happening? This is all part of the plan - Biden gets sworn in to reveal to everyone the web of corruption... he is about to be arrested and Trump will be re-inaugurated within days..."

He's been wrong every step of the way, all his predictions have been false, but he just keeps saying it's all part of the plan, and just delaying the next step.

I've been reading about how a lot of QAnon people are having a total meltdown online today, and some of them are feeling like Trump's betrayed them and isn't the 5D chess master they thought he was.

Just...no words to describe the delusion. Maybe Biden should hire a cult deprogrammer for his administration or something.

In music discussion, I missed the evening performances, but I did like the ones at the inauguration today. Lady Gaga especially sounded good.

Last edited:
The inauguration concert wasn't anything to write home about, but I thought they struck the right tone. There are still thousands dying every day from (not with) COVID-19, and the economy is still in ruins, so while they could recognize that today served as a potential turning point, they couldn't be overly celebratory about it. It was a solemn but uplifting set of performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom