Random Music Talk CXXVII: Crickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hewson

Blue Crack Supplier
And no not Buddy Holly's band.

Last RMT thread took close to a year to reach 1,000...this one might take a decade...

Carry on.

I saw that 1,000 was approaching the other day, and all I could think of was calling it "Is This Thing On?".

This week has been active, at least.

Thank you for getting to it before Cobbler did.

WTF did they open with Sonnet and not Rolling People? That's lame.

I feel very, very lucky to have seen The Verve on this tour in a small club, was probably like 15 feet from the stage. And Rolling People KILLED, Ashcroft performed like he was in a trance, and he was moving around a lot more than he is in this vid getting up in the crowd's faces Bono-style. Legit transcendent. And I remember he was barefoot too, but he's probably known for that.

WTF did they open with Sonnet and not Rolling People? That's lame.

this is the setlist: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-verve/1998/megaland-landgraaf-netherlands-bdd714e.html

and now i'm bummed that this video cut out neon wilderness/weeping willow and lucky man.

I feel very, very lucky to have seen The Verve on this tour in a small club, was probably like 15 feet from the stage. And Rolling People KILLED, Ashcroft performed like he was in a trance, and he was moving around a lot more than he is in this vid getting up in the crowd's faces Bono-style. Legit transcendent. And I remember he was barefoot too, but he's probably known for that.

that sounds absolutely unreal and i'm very very jealous.

Last edited:
I've seen The Charlatans with Pete Salisbury on drums which is most likely the closest I'll ever get to seeing The Verve live lmao

Sadly had no luck pitching an article on Romance is Boring's 10th anniversary, but I eagerly await its arrival in my mailbox. The last two nights they've played mammoth anniversary shows, the first night Romance is Boring in full and then a further 14 songs, before the show got cut shot as Gareth's depression is acting up, the poor dude. Last night RIB in full, then another 15 songs, then a three-song encore.

What I fucking would have given to have been there. I should have fucking gone man. Fuck. All of my Rushmore (In Medias Res / I Just Sighed / Cemetery Gaits / We Are Beautiful.

New Purity Ring song is nice. Not any kind of departure or anything but that's cool. I like this group, haven't listened to them in a couple years.

Also, the two new Strokes songs are great, especially "At The Door". The synth intro is my favorite music moment of 2020 so far.

"Bad Decisions" is insanely catchy. It completely and openly borrows the chorus melody from Billy Idol's "Dancing With Myself" which is a strange move for a band like the Strokes but it's a lot of fun.

And they're supporting Bernie which is also great.

Best Coast is so far removed from what I usually listen to, but I can't help but like them.

Yeah I heard the first 3 or 4 songs from the new Best Coast album and thought it was pretty good. Sounds like she's sober now!

I hate how much I like the new Grimes.

Same, I can't speak for you but for me it's really just the Elon Musk connection and how much her world view seems to have changed because of it. But the music is still fantastic.

Took them 16 years to emerge from the fog of Since I Left You and give us the wonderful, underrated Wildflower, but less than four years to re-emerge with new music...

Expect a new record will follow.

Same, I can't speak for you but for me it's really just the Elon Musk connection and how much her world view seems to have changed because of it. But the music is still fantastic.

Exactly the same feelings here.

But the music. It’s so good. Still need to listen to it more to get a sense of my favorites but 4AEM is up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom