Random Music Talk CXXVII: Crickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't make much sense as a Roman numeral, as the value is 100 but as written you're taking 10 away from 100 and then adding it back. So you would actually just write "C".

I know its not an actual roman numeral, just that it comes across as one. Certainly doesn't come across as a legit last name with know vowels, unless she's from outer space and battling Superman.

I still fuck with Japandroids quite a bit. Celebration Rock captures exceptionally well the pangs of nostalgia for younger, partier times. It is fascinating to see their progress, as they gradually become older and incapable of selling the same message.

Oi cobbs what the FUCK is the man cave stuff you do.

I've always wanted to ask this, but right now I'm drunk and keen to get this thread to the end. So tell me why on earth I would want to participate in anything limited to just ~50% of the people I could talk to. It baffles me. I associate "man cave" with my fucked-up sexist uncles/cousins.

Also, I know exactly none of you listen to any of the music I post, but please enjoy these top bangers for 2020.

This tune rules and makes me feel powerful things. Also, I was wondering who the awesome woman was fronting this band, so imagine my confusion after I looked them up and found out the singer is a dude.

This fucken makes me feel good.

This is too real.

Do you like metal? Listen to this. (where is mikal)

If you're feeling emo, fucking get this into you.

Cheers Interfs, see you next time.

I've always wanted to ask this, but right now I'm drunk and keen to get this thread to the end. So tell me why on earth I would want to participate in anything limited to just ~50% of the people I could talk to. It baffles me. I associate "man cave" with my fucked-up sexist uncles/cousins.

I suppose due to the generational passing along of toxic masculinity and the widely-held belief that men shouldn't talk about/share their feelings, he's trying to provide a space where men can come clean about whatever is troubling them, and have sympathetic listeners who aren't going to judge or make fun. Think of it as an AA for people who aren't addicts? Seems admirable.

In other news, I love how Cobbler shared a video his friend made that features "interviews with cool people", and the first subject is Cobbler himself. :|

In other news, I love how Cobbler shared a video his friend made that features "interviews with cool people", and the first subject is Cobbler himself. :|

did he have that mullet in the video? because that would sort of contradict the "cool people" aspect.

Japandroids being called “man cave stuff” is wrong and weird.

They’re a nice modern blend of rock, hardcore, pop punk, and post punk.

Okay, first of all, it's not my fault I've got a sick, one-of-a-kind U2 hat and the rest of you don't.

Laz explains it pretty well, I'll expand on it below:

I suppose due to the generational passing along of toxic masculinity and the widely-held belief that men shouldn't talk about/share their feelings, he's trying to provide a space where men can come clean about whatever is troubling them, and have sympathetic listeners who aren't going to judge or make fun. Think of it as an AA for people who aren't addicts? Seems admirable.

We are a charity providing preventative mental health and emotional intelligence services for boys and men, with a significant focus on boys & young men, as we believe if we invest in the next generation of men at a young age, and provide them spaces and tools to deal with their emotions in a healthy way, they can become great men who make positive contributions to their communities.

It has become my life's passion, and feels like a way I can give back and make the world a better place. I think a lot of, if not all, the issues we see in the world, stem from men, and men who are stuck in outdated models of masculinity. That's not to absolve them of blame, but I genuinely believe that, by providing boys and men with an alternative to the narrative, we can create a generation of more empowered, empathetic men, and thus make the world a much better place.

The Man Cave name was chosen because we want to flip the narrative of what a 'man cave' is on its head; we deconstruct this in our workshops. We also know that we need to met boys and men where they're at. What's more likely to make an angry or bitter sexist man come around to healthier points of view - a space where he can be heard and feel safe? Or more people telling him he's a fucking idiot?

I would invite you, or anyone reading this, to join one of my men's sharing circles. They're incredibly wonderful. They're just a space to share authentically about life and hear from others. I'm running an all-gender one on Tuesday, but I'm not the best person to sit with women and run cross-gender work because it's not something I'm trained to do, and I don't and will never understand the experiences of women.

You're getting this all mixed up. I shared an article my friend wrote about me, and was referring to her website where she has heaps of interviews with people a lot cooler than me. It's not a video.

I shared this video a couple weeks back, it's Man Cave TV, a new venture we're launching to meet boys where they're at (which is on the internet) and providing them with healthier role models. Gives you a bit of an insight into me right now:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=301893137537877

did he have that mullet in the video? because that would sort of contradict the "cool people" aspect.

Check it! ^

Japandroids being called “man cave stuff” is wrong and weird.

They’re a nice modern blend of rock, hardcore, pop punk, and post punk.

He's referring to the work I do, which you wouldn't know about as we're not FB friends, not Japandroids :)

Disagree. There's something a little performative about Channel Orange. It has too much forced poetry and we live in a society lyricism, like he's trying his hardest to be the voice of a generation. The instrumentation is great but doesn't have that otherworldly quality that Blonde does.

I actually just relistened to the album a few nights ago and it's definitely a great debut but Blonde is something else. It's an extremely lived in, intimate and personal album that no other artist could have made. That it was such a curveball after a lengthy hiatus makes it even better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom