Random Music Talk CXXVII: Crickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The new Lady Gaga album is very dancey and I appreciate that the tracks don't overstay their welcome, but it didn't totally grab me on first listen. Gonna give it another spin later this week to see if some of the individual tunes stand out more for me.

Listened to Black Messiah all weekend, folks.

Last edited:
I posted that in FYM a few days ago. It is such a fucking powerful five minute watch. That final scene is unreal. The emotion. Man. Shame it was five years ago and clearly nothing ever changes.

I missed that, but hell yeah. Black Messiah is so good. I could have posted 1000 deaths and the message is as powerful.

The new Lady Gaga album is very dancey and I appreciate that the tracks don't overstay their welcome, but it didn't totally grab me on first listen. Gonna give it another spin later this week to see if some of the individual tunes stand out more for me.

I’m wondering how much of that is a disconnect with the actual music for me vs opinion being clouded by everything else going on right now that my brain doesn’t know what to do with a dance album you won’t be out dancing to. I still think Stupid Love is great, but I decided that when things were a little less on fire.

I’m wondering how much of that is a disconnect with the actual music for me vs opinion being clouded by everything else going on right now that my brain doesn’t know what to do with a dance album you won’t be out dancing to. I still think Stupid Love is great, but I decided that when things were a little less on fire.
This is why Drake releasing a choreographed dance song for Tik Tok during a pandemic was such a terrible idea. It's so tone deaf and alien to the human experience right now.

Hope you're doing alright, IWB.

This is why Drake releasing a choreographed dance song for Tik Tok during a pandemic was such a terrible idea. It's so tone deaf and alien to the human experience right now.

Hope you're doing alright, IWB.

Oof. I have a feeling that may have been pretty hardcore cringe even in back in the normal times, anyone over the age of 19 even just saying the name tik tok instantly makes them sound old and out of step.

I’m good, I swear it’s totally normal for me to listen to both dance music and Lady Gaga. It’s good to see this place got a whole DI’s worth of life breathed back into it by the pandemic, and I hope you and everyone’s doing as well as they can be.

I’m good, I swear it’s totally normal for me to listen to both dance music and Lady Gaga. It’s good to see this place got a whole DI’s worth of life breathed back into it by the pandemic, and I hope you and everyone’s doing as well as they can be.

Nice to see you.

How has work been going for you the last couple months?

Yankee and the Brave, Walking in the Snow, The Ground Below, and A Few Words for the Firing Squad are all instant classics.

Anyway, I liked it more than 3 & 2 on first listen. I've not loved more than like two songs on an RTJ record since 1. I find it to all be not as good as the sum of its parts, some pretty great rapping over pretty pedestrian beats. That happens on this album too, but less often. Yankee & The Brave is sick, as is A Few Words for the Firing Squad, and I'll shout out Pulling the Pin as well.

Ooh La La is horrendous.

Hi. Hell yes RTJ4

Everybody stay safe out there.

Donate if you can.

Abolish the police.

Have a great weekend!

Yeah, I don't know what it is but the album is just there. I probably wouldn't give it more of my attention if it weren't an artist I'm pretty fond of, but it is, so I'm going to try and look more into it from a lyrical and background standpoint and see if that sparks something.

Love that album.

Great cameos from Cody Chesnutt (whatever happened to him?) and Nelly Furtado.

Anything was going to be a drop from Things Fall Apart, but I loved the expansion of their sound here.

Love that album.

Great cameos from Cody Chesnutt (whatever happened to him?) and Nelly Furtado.

Anything was going to be a drop from Things Fall Apart, but I loved the expansion of their sound here.

Super enjoyable. Not heard any other albums of theirs, though I have seen them live before and obviously know who they are. Fav tracks would be Rolling with Heat, The Seed, Break You Off, Complexity, Something in the Way... and I really love Thirsty!

2012-034_Legendary_Final.jpg

This mural is four blocks from where I live.

Upcoming album from THE ZIMM! getting stellar reviews across the board. I imagine many would take that with a grain of salt but I've read multiple critics implying it's better than Tempest and/or Modern Times, so...

Definitely picking up a copy on CD this Friday, if I can find it. Not sure how many more chances I'll have to get a new Dylan album that way.

I got the new Phoebe Bridgers record a day early, and damn, it's gorgeous. Kyoto is the best song in my mind, but the whole thing is really good. You guys will enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom