Random Music Talk CXXVII: Crickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Take it to the Coldplay thread.

Anyway, changing the subject to artists who aren't colossally lame, some music industry insider teased that CRJ's Dedicated Side B is coming out May 21st. Hasn't been confirmed yet but we did learn months ago that this project was in the works.

And more importantly:

Is Bob Dylan dropping a new album tonight?

Please let this be true. :pray:
Don't know about it dropping tonight but it looks like you can pre-order it already at the store on his website. It's called ROUGH AND ROWDY WAYS.

You know what's a waste of time? Having a look at whether anything has happened on any other part of this website. Amazed people are still posting what armpit they're smelling.

Anyway I'm drunk but this song is pretty good (it's the singer from Cymbals Eat Guitars, if anyone still remembers them).

Remember when we used to get drunk and listen to a shit U2 album and run up 200 posts and then the Americans would complain in the morning? Good times.

Cobbs, I'm prepared to get hosed again tomorrow and run up 200 posts about literally any U2 album, even a good one.

I'll tell you this Ax - if I don't end up on Zoom with our close mates, which is a possibility, I'll grab a bottle of wine and we'll do it. For old times. I'm sure we can coax a few others out of hiding, too.

And if we can't do it tomorrow night, I'm genuinely happy to find another one.

Otherwise this thread's just gonna be Laz writing long posts about the new Bob Dylan album.

At some point before this forum dies B&C should become a slack channel.

I drank a bottle of wine this evening and spent the bulk of the night trying desperately to find the 1990s/2000s Australian furniture ad that featured Simply Red's "Fairground", to no avail. I've reached out to about five different brands.

I randomly came across a recommendation for this Spanish dream pop band called Melenas, so I checked out their latest album, Dias Raros (Strange Days), which was released today. I think some people here might enjoy them.

Last edited:
I'll tell you this Ax - if I don't end up on Zoom with our close mates, which is a possibility, I'll grab a bottle of wine and we'll do it. For old times. I'm sure we can coax a few others out of hiding, too.

And if we can't do it tomorrow night, I'm genuinely happy to find another one.

Otherwise this thread's just gonna be Laz writing long posts about the new Bob Dylan album.

Very keen! My fridge is well stocked for any suitable time to get on the beers.

Gotta get Vlad out of hiding.

I'm inevitably going to be awake, so I can definitely join in.

I swear you're on more of an Australian schedule than I am.

I'm gonna watch the Beatles movie that came out last year where the guy is the only person who remembers the Beatles. It looks like it might be bad, but it has Lily James who I adore and I love the Beatles so what the hell.

Game time substitution. Just read a lovely story about Thelma Schoonmaker so I'm going to watch GOODFELLAS instead.

Game time substitution. Just read a lovely story about Thelma Schoonmaker so I'm going to watch GOODFELLAS instead.

tenor.gif

The Beatles movie was....not great. A few funny/charming moments. And boy would I love to snog Lily James. For Queen and Country.

Edit to add: Fucking Goodfellas *is* streaming on Hulu and I forgot I have Hulu. Damn.

Last edited:
I'm gonna watch the Beatles movie that came out last year where the guy is the only person who remembers the Beatles. It looks like it might be bad, but it has Lily James who I adore and I love the Beatles so what the hell.

It had its moments. Not something I would have paid to see in a theater, but not a complete waste of time.

I saw it on a flight, it's satisfactory enough to pass a couple of hours or so.

Happy 10th anniversary to High Violet. This was the album that made me a fan of The National. I remember obsessively playing this record during the summer of 2010, right out of college and trying to figure out next steps. It was a great companion and still connects with me deeply whenever I hear those songs.

Just gave it a relisten and I always am astounded at how consistent it is. Even "Runaway" has many great moments. Besides the obvious singles on the record, "Lemonworld" and "England" just floor me every time I hear them.

Afraid Of Everyone, Bloodbuzz Ohio, and Lemonworld comprise perhaps my favorite stretch of three subsequent songs by The National.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom