Random Music Talk CXXVII: Crickets - Page 51 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2020, 01:15 PM   #1001
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
And the hat. Oh the hat.
it once seemed inconceivable that hat could ever actually improve the look of the wearer, but here we are.

Old 08-28-2020, 09:57 PM   #1002
45:33

Local Time: 12:10 PM
Okay, first of all, it's not my fault I've got a sick, one-of-a-kind U2 hat and the rest of you don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Oi cobbs what the FUCK is the man cave stuff you do.

I've always wanted to ask this, but right now I'm drunk and keen to get this thread to the end. So tell me why on earth I would want to participate in anything limited to just ~50% of the people I could talk to. It baffles me. I associate "man cave" with my fucked-up sexist uncles/cousins.
Laz explains it pretty well, I'll expand on it below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
I suppose due to the generational passing along of toxic masculinity and the widely-held belief that men shouldn't talk about/share their feelings, he's trying to provide a space where men can come clean about whatever is troubling them, and have sympathetic listeners who aren't going to judge or make fun. Think of it as an AA for people who aren't addicts? Seems admirable.
We are a charity providing preventative mental health and emotional intelligence services for boys and men, with a significant focus on boys & young men, as we believe if we invest in the next generation of men at a young age, and provide them spaces and tools to deal with their emotions in a healthy way, they can become great men who make positive contributions to their communities.

It has become my life's passion, and feels like a way I can give back and make the world a better place. I think a lot of, if not all, the issues we see in the world, stem from men, and men who are stuck in outdated models of masculinity. That's not to absolve them of blame, but I genuinely believe that, by providing boys and men with an alternative to the narrative, we can create a generation of more empowered, empathetic men, and thus make the world a much better place.

The Man Cave name was chosen because we want to flip the narrative of what a 'man cave' is on its head; we deconstruct this in our workshops. We also know that we need to met boys and men where they're at. What's more likely to make an angry or bitter sexist man come around to healthier points of view - a space where he can be heard and feel safe? Or more people telling him he's a fucking idiot?

I would invite you, or anyone reading this, to join one of my men's sharing circles. They're incredibly wonderful. They're just a space to share authentically about life and hear from others. I'm running an all-gender one on Tuesday, but I'm not the best person to sit with women and run cross-gender work because it's not something I'm trained to do, and I don't and will never understand the experiences of women.

Quote:
In other news, I love how Cobbler shared a video his friend made that features "interviews with cool people", and the first subject is Cobbler himself.
You're getting this all mixed up. I shared an article my friend wrote about me, and was referring to her website where she has heaps of interviews with people a lot cooler than me. It's not a video.

I shared this video a couple weeks back, it's Man Cave TV, a new venture we're launching to meet boys where they're at (which is on the internet) and providing them with healthier role models. Gives you a bit of an insight into me right now:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=301893137537877

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
did he have that mullet in the video? because that would sort of contradict the "cool people" aspect.
Check it! ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Japandroids being called “man cave stuff” is wrong and weird.

They’re a nice modern blend of rock, hardcore, pop punk, and post punk.
He's referring to the work I do, which you wouldn't know about as we're not FB friends, not Japandroids

Old 08-29-2020, 12:29 AM   #1003
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
The Man Cave name was chosen because we want to flip the narrative of what a 'man cave' is on its head
It's definitely nice to have the term associated with something other than Lance's Mom's reproductive organ, that's for sure.
Old 08-29-2020, 12:45 AM   #1004
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post

He's referring to the work I do, which you wouldn't know about as we're not FB friends, not Japandroids

Find me, I will follow
Old 08-29-2020, 12:20 PM   #1005
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Find me, I will follow
Walk away, walk away.....
Old 08-29-2020, 11:14 PM   #1006

Another female artist covers my favourite Radiohead song in 2020.
Old 08-31-2020, 01:15 AM   #1007

I kept waiting for it to happen, but I just have to face it all this time later: Channel Orange > Blonde.
Old 08-31-2020, 02:27 AM   #1008
More 5G Than Man

Disagree. There's something a little performative about Channel Orange. It has too much forced poetry and we live in a society lyricism, like he's trying his hardest to be the voice of a generation. The instrumentation is great but doesn't have that otherworldly quality that Blonde does.

I actually just relistened to the album a few nights ago and it's definitely a great debut but Blonde is something else. It's an extremely lived in, intimate and personal album that no other artist could have made. That it was such a curveball after a lengthy hiatus makes it even better.
Old 09-01-2020, 11:48 AM   #1009
Blue Crack Addict

New Deep Sea Diver song featuring Sharon Van Etten!

https://open.spotify.com/track/4nIyT...Q6W_WfZ6nnbo5A
Old 09-01-2020, 05:51 PM   #1010
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 09:10 PM
Time for the next thread.

Closed Thread