Random Music Talk CXXVII: Crickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't stand those two, but I know they were a tradition.

Welp...after tomorrow, I'm stuck here with you all. Seems like a good place to be :)

This is going to be the thing that brings Desert Island back, isn't it?

:drool:

Oh shit. Let's do it.

I'll do it to. We are quarantined in NYC from Sunday night.

You know I'm down. The only question is which of my 20 leftover playlists would get the nod.

giphy.gif

Hell yes. Though I still don't subscribe to any streaming services so I'm not sure if I'd be able to listen to much. I don't remember what the workaround was last time, but I did upload my own as a file of mp3s.

I'd be down for sure, but only if we do it via a streaming service. The process of uploading tracks and downloading everyone else's is a pain in the arse.

Maybe we can find a workaround for just Laz. Like maybe his island will just have commercials on it.

I've got something basically ready. I could do a trial of Spotify or something if I needed to.

It's the most common platform, but gee I'm really annoyed at them atm. They make so much money and rip artists off. At least during these times, bump up the rate and bump down yours.

I've read a LOT of dissenting opinions, lately, about how much artists are truly being "ripped off". Not sure I feel like Spotify is as sinister as we're led to believe these days.

Desert Island sounds fun, but I’m neck deep in making a record right now, so I don’t know if I’d have the time to give all the lists a fair listen. But then again, it probably wouldn’t be 20 lists. So yeah maybe!

I think if we can come up with 8-10 lists, that's good enough to justify it. I feel like some mini DIs had that many.

There's no way we'll get anywhere near that many :lol: 10 max! I'd also ask that we cap the time lengths to a single CD. I found the double CD comps pretty dense. Just my :twocents:

That's 8 who explicitly expressed interest. Let's wait out the weekend and see if we can get to 10.

I'm just making my list as long as it needs to be within certain limitations lol y'all don't have to listen to it if you don't want to.

There's no way we'll get anywhere near that many :lol: 10 max! I'd also ask that we cap the time lengths to a single CD. I found the double CD comps pretty dense. Just my :twocents:

What about a compromise of 2 hours?

Maybe we can find a workaround for just Laz. Like maybe his island will just have commercials on it.

:sad:

There's no way we'll get anywhere near that many :lol: 10 max! I'd also ask that we cap the time lengths to a single CD.

I'm just making my list as long as it needs to be within certain limitations lol y'all don't have to listen to it if you don't want to.

Yeah, I mean it's not like most of us won't have a fuckload of free time in the short term. Bring it.

Any fans of Man Man here?

Had no idea they're releasing a long-awaited new album this year, and haven't really kept tabs on them in the last 8 years or so, outside of that Mister Heavenly supergroup collab.

Anyway, I like the new song:

I can do a Desert Island,not much else to do when self isolating!

Is it going to be specifically themed for the quarantine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom