Random Music Talk CXXVII: Crickets - Page 35 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 11:46 AM   #681
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:28 PM
My Morning Jacket Announce New Album The Waterfall II, Out This Friday

It’s about time. Really missed this band.

Old 07-07-2020, 01:58 PM   #682
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Looking forward to that, too. But I am surprised (and honestly slightly disappointed) that their first album in 5 years is presented as a "sequel" to their most recent album. Would have expected something that signals a bit of a different territory or direction or new era. But like I said, I'm still excited and will definitely be checking it out.

My favorite album of theirs is Evil Urges from 2008. Love that shit.

Old 07-07-2020, 02:09 PM   #683
Blue Crack Addict

Wait, I guess it's called The Waterfall II because it's songs from the same recording sessions. So y'all haven't written any new material in the last 5 years? Or you have, but would rather release 5 year old songs that were written during the Obama administration and weren't good enough to make the previous album? That's kinda weak. Put out some new shit.
Old 07-07-2020, 05:28 PM   #684
Blue Crack Supplier

The Waterfall from 5 years ago was originally announced as Part 1; some of us have been waiting for the follow-up. And that last one was great so I’d love to hear what was saved for Part 2. This isn’t “leftovers”.

Either way, it will be better than whatever crap VWilcock Coffee Co. put out last.
Old 07-07-2020, 05:29 PM   #685
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:28 PM
Did Jeff Tweedy steal money from you, Laz?
Old 07-07-2020, 07:30 PM   #686
45:33

Local Time: 11:28 AM
We're back into the strict lockdown in metro Melbourne
Old 07-07-2020, 08:51 PM   #687
Refugee

Local Time: 02:28 AM
Yeah that really sucks, mate. Hope you come through ok.
Old 07-07-2020, 09:16 PM   #688

Took a break from work, put my phone on do not disturb, grabbed a coffee and lunch and walked around the footy oval across the road, listening to Beach House's Last Ride and Coldplay's Strawberry Swing. That brought my spirits up a bit.
Old 07-07-2020, 09:47 PM   #689
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
I guess your country sucks too.
Old 07-07-2020, 09:51 PM   #690

Oh yes. And I did make that clear early on in that thread.

I've been drawn to ANIMA quite a bit lately. Perfect vibes for now.
Old 07-07-2020, 09:58 PM   #691
More 5G Than Man

Melbourne will be fine. They know to lock down before things get out of hand. I wish we hadn't forgotten that.
Old 07-07-2020, 09:59 PM   #692
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Sorry to hear.

Quote:
listening to Coldplay's Strawberry Swing.
Even sorrier.
Old 07-07-2020, 10:00 PM   #693

Things just got out of hand. This is our second lockdown. The uncertainty is very depressing. And I am extremely concerned about the mental health impacts of another lockdown, particularly one that's been announced to be six weeks long. There's been no official word yet about mental health support, and I am beginning to wonder if the lockdowns are worth a spree of mental health impacts.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:54 AM   #694
War Child

Well, the alternative is a pseudo-lockdown that will probably last the better part of two years and essentially leaving every individual person to their own devices on deciding what to do for money and for social interactions. There are no winners here, but I'd prefer a lockdown that gets people to safety faster than the hell we're experiencing here in America where we're basically punting life to 2022.

Still, that sucks. Hopefully this lockdown is taken seriously and it eradicates the second wave swiftly. And hopefully that seriousness includes health coverage like you've outlined.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:39 AM   #695
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
Well, the alternative is a pseudo-lockdown that will probably last the better part of two years and essentially leaving every individual person to their own devices on deciding what to do for money and for social interactions. There are no winners here, but I'd prefer a lockdown that gets people to safety faster than the hell we're experiencing here in America where we're basically punting life to 2022.

Still, that sucks. Hopefully this lockdown is taken seriously and it eradicates the second wave swiftly. And hopefully that seriousness includes health coverage like you've outlined.
"Punting life to 2022"...isn't that dependent on the development of a vaccine (or other effective treatment)? Sounds like you're not optimistic about the prospects of a vaccine in 2021. I'm holding out hope and have read some promising things about the work.
Old 07-08-2020, 01:21 PM   #696
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Things just got out of hand. This is our second lockdown. The uncertainty is very depressing. And I am extremely concerned about the mental health impacts of another lockdown, particularly one that's been announced to be six weeks long. There's been no official word yet about mental health support, and I am beginning to wonder if the lockdowns are worth a spree of mental health impacts.
Like J.D. said, I'm definitely not trying to do some dick-measuring thing of who has it worse, but you are actually in a pretty good place to have a clearly established lock down with re-opening plans/phases.

L.A./California decided to start reopening because....we do need to eventually reopen, but seemingly caving to social pressures, opened too much too fast, and guess what? We're back on almost total lockdown again for at least three weeks. And there's absolutely no guarantee we re-open in three weeks, just re-evaluate.

Basically I'm saying, keep your head up. Don't feel like you're alone, you have a lot of people to commiserate with. We'll be OK
Old 07-08-2020, 04:30 PM   #697
ONE
love, blood, life

Coldplay’s Parachutes is a few days away from turning 20 years old.
Old 07-08-2020, 04:48 PM   #698
Blue Crack Addict

Parachutes is a solid record, but still near the bottom of their catalog for me. Can’t believe it’s that old.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:26 PM   #699

I would actually love to hear from you all about what it's actually like living in the US at the moment, wherever you are. I'm really interested to know. We only get an outsider picture of America, and it's hard to know what it's actually like.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:37 PM   #700
ONE
love, blood, life

Well, for my part, NYC is not representative as the situation is much better than most other places in the country after the terrible spring. Things are ok. We are still working from home (while caring for a toddler), and offices are now slowly getting people back but most people will keep working from home in the foreseeable future (NYC has the added complication of too many people reliant on crowded subways to go to work). Schools are not reopening normally in the fall - they will have staggered schedules, students going a couple of days a week only, etc. Most universities will have remote lessons in the fall.

In terms of everyday life, you only do stuff outdoors. So parks are crowded, restaurants and bars can serve food/drinks outside only and tend to be crowded. I do go out almost every day for a walk with my son, and we spend a lot of time outdoors on weekends. Mask usage is pretty widespread at this point, but not in outdoor dining or in parks. But there is an eerie feeling all around, and I think one of the worst consequences of the pandemic at a human level is that it makes you suspicious of everyone - I am always watching out to make sure there aren't people around.

Closed Thread