Random Music Talk CXXIX: Gump attends a concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coldplay Announce New Album Music of the Spheres

The British band’s ninth LP was produced by Max Martin, and multiple track titles are just emoji

:lmao:

In a handwritten note, the band wrote that the album is “(vol.i)” and added that a new song from the album called “Coloratura” is coming out on Friday.

What kind of Smashing Pumpkins-type nonsense??

Must be hard having no shame and being a fan of this band, they somehow manage to be even more cringe than U2.

The British band’s ninth LP was produced by Max Martin, and multiple track titles are just emoji

In a handwritten note, the band wrote that the album is “(vol.i)” and added that a new song from the album called “Coloratura” is coming out on Friday.

Must be hard having no shame and being a fan of this band, they somehow manage to be even more cringe than U2.
[emoji51][emoji1785][emoji107]

Jesus christ [emoji21][emoji21]

I suppose it was a matter of time before someone released an album with emojis as song titles (if it’s not been done already) but this is borderline indefensible and does not bode well.

Enough music fans should do this with certain albums that Pitchfork did not rate well (or at all), just to piss them off.

I know a few we can count on:

shuttlegirls.jpeg

im offended that only 3-4 songs have emoji titles, why didn't they go all in? that's more avant, its def in line with Anthony Braxton or some shit if you call all your songs with emoji or some kooky ass diagrams

The new McCartney series on Hulu is fucking excellent. It's called 3,2,1. I'm only two episodes in but I highly recommend it.

I started taking that Pitchfork survey, and when you begin typing in an entry, it automatically starts searching and will display titles that have already been listed by other people so you can just click on them.

When I typed U2, nothing came up. None of their albums.

Same with Pavement (only their last two are eligible but I thought Brighten the Corners had more fans).

Los Campesinos! and Super Furry Animals had like 6 options already.

Go vote.

And what makes you think this is happening? The Euro Cup song? Sing 2? Bono's autobiography which is going to be the butt of a million jokes ("He's going to have it uploaded to everyone's Kindle OMG!!")?

There was a 2002 Christian Bale movie called Laurel Canyon that had a pretty good soundtrack which featured a Steely Dan song “Do It Again”. I hate to say it, but that’s when I really began to even listen to anything by them.

But anyway, that soundtrack is pretty good:

1. In a Funny Way (Mercury Rev)
2. Do It Again (Steely Dan)
3. Shade and Honey (Alessandro Nivola / Lou Barlow / Ahmad Wasif / Russ Pollard)
4. Do You Know What I Mean (Lee Michaels)
5. Someday I Will Treat You Good (Alessandro Nivola / Lou Barlow / Ahmad Wasif / Russ Pollard)
6. Planet Queen (T-Rex)
7. The Shame of Life (Butthole Surfers)
8. Good Time (Butthole Surfers)
9. Harmony (Clinic)
10. Crawling (Scapegoat Wax)
11. Oscar Brown (Baxter)
12. Ma Rencontre (Bertrand Burgalat)
13. C'est Si Bon (Eartha Kitt)
14. It's a Wonderful Life (Sparklehorse)

Yeah I was going to mention Hill's passing.
Sadly I never saw them live.
Heard on the radio yesterday that Hill hand picked a bass player to replace him, so maybe ZZTop will continue on, who knows.

[tweet]1421747848551354372[/tweet]

Nerdy story time from me.

So I bought Overview on a Phenomenal Nature from a local record shop. All the prints had sold out online, but I found a local store that was stocking it. I bought it (for fucking $60), turned out to be one of the coloured limited editions. When I opened it however, it didn't come with a download code or the lyric insert, which all the editions on her website/Bandcamp/the label's website said it came with.

So I emailed the label, telling them what I'd purchased (+ proof) and asking for a code and the insert to be mailed out to me. I figured either a) they wouldn't reply or b) they'd so no we can't do it lol nice try buy the digital edition again. But they got back to me within 24 hours with a code & a PDF to the insert. Then I went down to my local Officeworks (our version of Staples, maybe?) and went up to the printing counter and asked them, can you print this, but on heavier, more solid paper, in full colour, in 11.5 in by 11.5 in? And it cost me all of $2.80 and 20 minutes of my time, and they printed it, and then cut it down to size, and so now I've got An Overview on Phenomenal Nature on vinyl, the digital version in my itunes, and the official lyric insert printed of my own accord.

So cool, because the label would have been well within its rights to either not reply or say no. Very kind of them.

There's no artist on the planet that does covers as good as Paul Dempsey (SFK lead singer) does them. His record is absolutely unparalleled.

[tweet]1421747848551354372[/tweet]

Nerdy story time from me.

So I bought Overview on a Phenomenal Nature from a local record shop. All the prints had sold out online, but I found a local store that was stocking it. I bought it (for fucking $60), turned out to be one of the coloured limited editions. When I opened it however, it didn't come with a download code or the lyric insert, which all the editions on her website/Bandcamp/the label's website said it came with.

So I emailed the label, telling them what I'd purchased (+ proof) and asking for a code and the insert to be mailed out to me. I figured either a) they wouldn't reply or b) they'd so no we can't do it lol nice try buy the digital edition again. But they got back to me within 24 hours with a code & a PDF to the insert. Then I went down to my local Officeworks (our version of Staples, maybe?) and went up to the printing counter and asked them, can you print this, but on heavier, more solid paper, in full colour, in 11.5 in by 11.5 in? And it cost me all of $2.80 and 20 minutes of my time, and they printed it, and then cut it down to size, and so now I've got An Overview on Phenomenal Nature on vinyl, the digital version in my itunes, and the official lyric insert printed of my own accord.

So cool, because the label would have been well within its rights to either not reply or say no. Very kind of them.

The Vinyl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom