Random Music Talk CXXIX: Gump attends a concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they advertising this a year in advance?

I can't even think about next summer right now.

Also, that color coding is confusing and is hurting my head.

if the rest of Sufjan's two-and-a-half-hour Convocations is as good as the very first song, Meditation I, we're gonna have a new contender to go up against Eno's work.

if the rest of Sufjan's two-and-a-half-hour Convocations is as good as the very first song, Meditation I, we're gonna have a new contender to go up against Eno's work.

I haven't listened to any of these yet, need to remember to check them out.

Who's headlining Lolla? Olivia Rodrigo?

Foo Fighters

There have been times I've been unfamiliar with artists on the Lolla lineup, but this year truly takes the cake. So So So So bad. I know that there's a thing with catering to parents of teenagers with money for Lolla, but I don't think they've ever been so blatant about it before.

festivals and all live shows are going to desperately attempt to make as much money as possible as soon as possible. get ready for a decade of ticket prices that make the 2010s look cheap.

Last edited:
festivals and all live shows are going to desperately attempt to make as much money as possible as soon as possible. get ready for a decade of ticket prices that make the 2010s look cheap.

Yeah I expect Live Nation to try and make up for all its losses this summer, then to make up for them again in 2022, and again in 2023 and so on, and so on.

That Primavera Sound lineup is insane, but I'm with Laz - can't focus on 2022 yet. I'm currently weighing whether or not to go to Pitchfork Fest this year, which also has a fantastic lineup.

E1mS8GrWEAIDUVG.jpg:small

Pitchfork definitely has the better lineup I've seen in the US.

That last day sounds so awesome. I'd love to see Erykah Badu live.

Last edited:
Kim Gordon solo shouldn't be a headliner over Cat Power or Ty Segall.

Good lineup, but I have no interest in being back in Chicago.

Unfortunately, Desert Daze is partially taking another year off; in lieu of the usual 3-day festival, they are doing a series of concerts at Pappy & Harriet's in Joshua Tree across October and November. Which for Los Angeles residents isn't exactly convenient in terms of going to a bunch of shows. But it does look like they will be getting some pretty big names ("measured doses of artists not usually witnessed in an intimate setting" according to the website) so I'm sure I'll be going to a couple of them.

Pitchfork is good this year but I would probably only go for the last few acts of the day on Saturday. Pretty thin. Friday and especially Sunday look great.

One thing I've given their fest credit for: it always looks uniquely theirs. I don't know any other festival that would have that exact mix of artists.

She'd headline just about any big festival imo. I'm seeing people of all ages and musical preferences enjoy her music.

Actually, she's not even on the lineup.

I just quoted them because I agreed that the headliners were weak, but seriously, have you looked at the Lolla lineup compared to any other equivalent festival? It's all extremely popular streaming bands that our age demographic is very likely to be either unfamiliar with, or flat-out dislike. And then randomly Journey, which unless that's a surprise reunion I didn't hear about, isn't even close to worthy of top billing without Perry.

60a52347c2e7990f6ed3b3dd_LP21-Lineup-Final_Press.png

Last edited:
There are virtually zero artists of note after Slowthai and he's underbilled. It actually starts falling off after Princess Nokia. Half the lineup is inexpensive filler and there are no unique gets. Journey I guess? And people keep clowning that pickup.

Every year I want to go to this dumb-ass festival that was clearly curated just for me, but no year more than this one:

BRNV21-1DayLineupAnnounce-Web-Desktop.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom