Random Music Talk CXXIX: Gump attends a concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tori Amos - Scarlet's Walk - 28 October
I haven't really spent any time with this one despite the fact that I own a copy, but it's a Tori album so I put it on the list.

This is one of her best, and maybe my favorite from her entire career. Please do give it some of your time.

And for as old as it is, I listen to "Take Me Home Tonight" a LOT.

Last edited:
EEWsfWMXsAItagc.jpg

Greatest moment in music history.

I'm going to throw a hot take out here:

"Doll Parts" by Hole is the best song to come out of the grunge scene.

Ronnie Spector passed away and I am absolutely shattered.

Please listen to Presenting the Fabulous Ronettes Featuring Veronica in her memory. I don't even want to go through and post highlights because it's such an extraordinary pop album, one of the best of the 1960s.

I wrote a review for it today because I didn't want to just sit around and be depressed: https://rateyourmusic.com/music-rev...abulous-ronettes-featuring-veronica/111522054

I love that album. All that reverb makes it so comforting. Such a huge loss.

Agree with Laz. It's not even the best track on that album, or the best Hole song. Solid song though.

I love Mitski, but these new tracks so far have been a lot of generic synth-pop. Hoping the album has more punch.

Had an incredible experience listening to Romance is Boring in full the other night, coming home from my brother's bucks party. Really in that upper echelon of records for me.

RIP Elza Soares, a real legend.

It's not always that you can find someone with fantastic albums released in 1961 and 2015, and in virtually every decade in between. For a foreign audience, I really recommend The Woman at the End of the World, which she recorded at 85 years of age. A volcano of a singer.

Last edited:
RIP Elza Soares, a real legend.

It's not always that you can find someone with fantastic albums released in 1961 and 2015, and in virtually every decade in between. For a foreign audience, I really recommend The Woman at the End of the World, which she recorded at 85 years of age. A volcano of a singer.

That song was magnificent. Thank you for sharing.

I honestly think this is my favorite song by Meat Loaf. I know it should be something else, but I think this is the best of everything he was. Bombastic, larger than life. Louder than everything else.

With the rise of FM radio in the early 80's, a lot of 70's rock had major staying power a decade later. I started working in a restaurant in Hampton Beach at that time when I was just 13, and we had some older kids who were the line cooks, and they would blast a bunch of different classic rock albums, but none more so than Bat Out Of Hell. That was my entry point to that album and I have such fond memories of it.

RIP Meat Loaf.

I want to express some appreciation for Meat Loaf in the Rocky Horror Picture Show. That's where I first learned about him and his music. RIP.

With the rise of FM radio in the early 80's, a lot of 70's rock had major staying power a decade later. I started working in a restaurant in Hampton Beach at that time when I was just 13, and we had some older kids who were the line cooks, and they would blast a bunch of different classic rock albums, but none more so than Bat Out Of Hell. That was my entry point to that album and I have such fond memories of it.

RIP Meat Loaf.

I want to express some appreciation for Meat Loaf in the Rocky Horror Picture Show. That's where I first learned about him and his music. RIP.

My intro to Meat Loaf, outside of "I Would Do Anything for Love..." being inescapable in the 90s, was actually the VH1 made for TV movie about his life :lol:. That movie, for whatever reason, stuck with me like glue. I still didn't become a big fan until a decade later, but I always loved the PERSON. When I found out he was in "Rocky Horror" it was just another in a large chain of arguments I made to convince my mom that she was being incredibly unfair in forbidding me from watching that film until I was 18 :laugh:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom