Random Music Talk CXXIX: Gump attends a concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Won’t be long before we come full circle (again) with Buzzfeed articles like, “We listened to Revolver for the first time and why it should be your new favourite record too”.

But I respect where Stipe and The Replacements were coming from. Let It Be ‘84 >>>> Let It Be ‘70.

Enjoying this ABBA album a lot. I'll be honest, as a lifelong fan, the first single - "I Still Have Faith In You" - didn't do a whole lot for me. The second single - "Don't Shut Me Down" - on the other hand, is one of the record's stronger tracks.

"When You Danced Me With Me"(with its Irish flavor), "Keep An Eye On Dan", and "Just A Notion"(maybe the most Abba-ish song here) are bangers, and any one of them would've made a better lead-off single imo.

"Little Things" is warm, comforting lullaby-ish Christmas song.

The closer "Ode To Freedom" is pretty gorgeous.

Overall, I'm pleased with it - it's always a treat when you get good new music from an artist you thought was completely done.

Yeah, I enjoyed it as well. Don't Shut Me Down, Just A Notion, and Keep An Eye On Dan are my favorites.

To your comment about Just A Notion sounding the most "Abba-ish" here, no surprise. It's a leftover from the 70's and the vocals are vintage, so that would explain it.

Really glad they came back together for this; a fitting epilogue to their career.

She went in. And while I feel bad that a relationship that lasted only a few months over a decade ago can't seem to be left in the past, it's fucking hilarious and I'm here for it.

Has any other SNL musical guest ever performed for that long? That is some clout right there.

I guess it's not as big of a deal if she only did one segment instead of the usual two, but still.

Ah man, now I have to listen to it again?

30 minutes of my life already spent on this song, my lord.

(I love it.)

Of all the Los Campesinos albums to issue on special-edition vinyl, it has to be Hello Sadness.

Just heard the song "If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next" by Manic Street Preachers.

Damn...good.

I think Cobbler might have mentioned this already, but the new Animal Collective track "Prester John" is the best thing I've heard from them in a decade.

I really do try to live with the mindset of no guilty pleasures, you love what you love. But for some reason I am embarrassed as fuck about how much I like the band Everclear. There are so many other, much lamer bands I like that I couldn't care less if people knew I liked their music. I think it's because of just how much their music means to me. I was at just the right age and going through just the right amount of parental shit when So Much for the Afterglow and Songs From An American Movie were released, that they absolutely became the soundtracks to my teen years.

ANYWAYS last night I saw them live for the first time and I had no idea that Art has MS. On one hand, I'm so glad I got to see them at all. On the other, I'm really sad I didn't see them sooner. He's having a noticeably difficult time speaking and singing, as well as moving around. But damn, he was clearly very happy to be there, his kids were there and were having a good time. It was really nice, all told.

Just another one of those, "I have to go to all of the concerts immediately" stories for me, though.

I do not know them, but based on the name and your brief description I am assuming they are a very earnest band, lame, uncool, making hand-on-heart, watered-down 00s rock music that also has a religious bent?

Oh and Wheatus opened for them. You're the one that loves Teenage Dirtbag, aren't you Cobbler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom