Random Music Talk CXXI: Not this time, Crappy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragon's singles are absolutely sublime. I keep meaning to get their Greatest Hits - but should probably just stream it

Dreams of Ordinary Men ❤️

Depends if it’s a hybrid or not. Check the case. If it says hybrid anywhere, then it should play on a regular CD player. Sometimes they have a little box that says SACD Surround | SACD Stereo | CD Stereo. If it doesn’t have that or hybrid, then it won’t play unless you’ve got a Sony CD player that says it handles SACDs.

Doesn't necessarily have to be Sony. I have a Denon DVD player that plays SACDs.

But yeah, a lot of later releases are hybrids and also have a CD layer.

Thanks.

I saw Spoon last night. Every time I see them I remember how underrated they are as a live band. Such a fun show. I wish I had gone to their first night in Brooklyn, though, when they played Metal Detektor.

There has not been a better song recorded since Angel Olsen’s Sister.

the entire amazing haigh hall show has popped up in video on youtube:

:drool:

I know what I'm going to devote an hour and a half of my Sunday to now. :up:

i hope you got a chance to see it.

anyone who has even a passing interest in this band should watch this. this is peak verve - the camden show is the only other pro-shot show i've seen come close and it doesn't have any of the band's later material, which they fucking nail. it was more or less the absolute peak then all downhill for the band after this moment.

the #1 song of the 1990s was bittersweet symphony and fuck you to anyone who thinks otherwise because that's the most incorrect opinion of all time.

Last edited:

anyone who has even a passing interest in this band should watch this. this is peak verve - the camden show is the only other pro-shot show i've seen come close and it doesn't have any of the band's later material, which they fucking nail. it was more or less the absolute peak then all downhill for the band after this moment.

I just looked up the Camden setlist and holy fuck I need to watch this. Early Verve is best Verve. Has it been released anywhere, or is it a proshot bootleg?

And you're bang-on about Haigh Hall's greatness. Watched it a couple of times when I got my Urban Hymns deluxe set earlier this year.

But mate Bittersweet Symphony, good as it is, isn't even in the top five on Urban Hymns. Maybe it sneaks into fifth if I'm being really nice to it and mean to some of the other excellent tracks.

here you go. no idea where it comes from. first time i ever saw it was with 2 tabs of acid in me and it kinda changed my life. enjoy.

I'll sit down with a little something tomorrow and watch it. I hope there is a high ratio of Mad Richard.

Gravity Grave from Voyager 1 is easily one of the best musical experiences ever.

I rank it in my top three shoegaze songs, and that's definitely very high praise.

Holy fucking shit they’re Kiwi/Aussie, how did I not know that
you mean dragon as in the band who did april sun in cuba? i only ask because there's probably like 50 bands named dragon. how did you not know :lol:

I saw Spoon last night. Every time I see them I remember how underrated they are as a live band. Such a fun show. I wish I had gone to their first night in Brooklyn, though, when they played Metal Detektor.
oh yes. i saw them at acl and they were so good. their latest album is really, really good.

the #1 song of the 1990s was bittersweet symphony and fuck you to anyone who thinks otherwise because that's the most incorrect opinion of all time.

Mate, watched it start to finish. I used to watch the poor quality videos quite often prior to this, and was disappointed I couldn't find a passable quality live Catching The Butterfly before then. They were a complete machine of a band when they weren't in a spat.

As an aside, I think it's damn cool that Pete Salisbury drums for The Charlatans nowadays.

There has not been a better song recorded since Angel Olsen’s Sister.

Trueeeee. It popped up while I was watching the movie Landline yesterday (starring the amazingggg Jenny Slate) and I had this exact same thought.

At some point we should put up a pre- B&C Album of the Year thread for discussion. I always like that thread as an opportunity to catch up with good records that I may have missed before the end of the year.

At some point we should put up a pre- B&C Album of the Year thread for discussion. I always like that thread as an opportunity to catch up with good records that I may have missed before the end of the year.
Yes, earlier today I was thinking that I needed some recommendations from this place when I couldn't think of what to listen to.

This weekend is going to be exhausting.

Friday: Anathema and Meniscus
Saturday: Sleepmakeswaves and Rosetta
Sunday: We Lost the Sea, performing a special fifth anniversary show for their debut album, which features vocals by their lead singer who committed suicide (their subsequent albums have been instrumental)

All of them are in Sydney, so each will be about a 3-4 hour round trip for me from Wollongong. But it's for the finest Australian post-rock, plus some good internationals, so I expect it to be worth it.

Surprised you are seeing Anathema as you’ve really disliked their recent output.

I actually don't mind their latest. Best thing they've done since A Natural Disaster and possibly since A Fine Day to Exit. And having Meniscus as support tipped me over the edge, because they own.

But also there's the nagging feeling that what if they play one of the sets they've done recently with the first four songs of Judgement, or with Lost Control and Empty, and I missed it? I wouldn't forgive myself.

here you go. no idea where it comes from. first time i ever saw it was with 2 tabs of acid in me and it kinda changed my life. enjoy.

So I'm sitting here enjoying the everliving fuck out of this, so much Mad Richard, so much Nick McCabe being a genius, and then

HOLY SWEET FUCKBALLS THAT IS THE VOYAGER ONE VERSION OF GRAVITY GRAVE

I THINK I JUST MET JESUS

HIS ONLY COMMAND IS TO GET YOURSELF ONE HELLA PEDALBOARD

So I'm sitting here enjoying the everliving fuck out of this, so much Mad Richard, so much Nick McCabe being a genius, and then

HOLY SWEET FUCKBALLS THAT IS THE VOYAGER ONE VERSION OF GRAVITY GRAVE

I THINK I JUST MET JESUS

HIS ONLY COMMAND IS TO GET YOURSELF ONE HELLA PEDALBOARD

the aim of the game...is to feel...real...good...

https://noisey.vice.com/en_uk/article/9kdabd/charli-xcx-out-of-my-head-tove-lo-alma-pop-2

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhHHHHHH

Backseat (feat. Carly Rae Jepsen)
Out Of My Head (feat. Tove Lo and ALMA)
Lucky
Tears (feat. Caroline Polachek)
I Got It (feat. Brooke Candy, CupcakKe and Pabllo Vittar)
Femmebot (feat. Dorian Electra and Mykki Blanco)
Delicious (feat. Tommy Cash)
Unlock It (feat. Kim Petras and Jay Park)
Porsche (feat. MØ
Track 10

AHhHhHhHhHhHhHhH:panic:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom