Random Music Talk CXXI: Not this time, Crappy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't listen to 250 albums a year without hearing some garbage.

It wasn't that bad btw, just overproduced and kind of cringy. I would never voluntarily listen to it again.

World Peace was much better. Had a really
good passage of songs in the middle before a mediocre ending. There were also some lovely outtakes from that album that didn't make the cut (One of Our Own, Scandinavia)

His new one has only a handful of memorable songs, which is a shame as the first two songs are extremely good but doesn't go anywhere exciting afterwards. Feels like a very lazy album.

Cunt needs to sort his shit out. He's very unhinged at the moment, taking contrarianism to a whole new level. Troll-like. I could roll with it when it came to hating on the monarchy and advocating for animal rights, but apologising for child molesters and UKIP candidates is troubling for me personally.

The new one is fine; some solid late-career tunes on there.

But his comments about Spacey et al are inexcusable.

Morrissey’s inner asshole has been slowly been coming to surface for years, if not decades. I haven’t been able to enjoy him for quite awhile. I’ll listen to The Smiths, and a few solo songs here and there, but then again I was never fanboy status.

Lol two of the most loathed, notoriously shitty albums of the year ended up with nominations in the alternative category (Everything Now, Humanz). Great job, guys.

:lol:, I got you.

Also I'm a horrible person and I just realized I never sent Cori those Peter Gabriel albums :ohmy:

You guys, an SACD is playable just like a regular CD, right?

/old

Depends if it’s a hybrid or not. Check the case. If it says hybrid anywhere, then it should play on a regular CD player. Sometimes they have a little box that says SACD Surround | SACD Stereo | CD Stereo. If it doesn’t have that or hybrid, then it won’t play unless you’ve got a Sony CD player that says it handles SACDs.

Depends if it’s a hybrid or not. Check the case. If it says hybrid anywhere, then it should play on a regular CD player. Sometimes they have a little box that says SACD Surround | SACD Stereo | CD Stereo. If it doesn’t have that or hybrid, then it won’t play unless you’ve got a Sony CD player that says it handles SACDs.

Doesn't necessarily have to be Sony. I have a Denon DVD player that plays SACDs.

But yeah, a lot of later releases are hybrids and also have a CD layer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom