Random Music Talk CXXI: Not this time, Crappy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is fucking great, and doesn't sound anything like what's on the new album. So I can see why it wasn't put on there, but I'm bloody glad they've put it out.

Still can't believe that not only have we got new albums from Slowdive and Ride this year, but that they're also both excellent.

[TWEET]926099152592867329[/TWEET]

And they (correctly) thought it was worthy to be released to the world, it makes me even naively optimistic that they might try for something next year.

Shut up loser

Hey!!! dipshit!!!

This one just popped up on rage. Great video and balance of catchiness with well thought out lyrics if that's your thing.

Laz might be curious to know that I finally got around to listening to Whitechocolatespaceegg and greatly enjoyed it. In fact, the title track may have entered my Liz Phair Rushmore.

Also Exile on Guyville is probably in my top 50 albums now. Can't get enough of it lately.

Nice. Oddly enough I've come to love Whip-Smart the most out of the 3, because it still has the DIY aesthetic of Exile but a little more sonic variety.

White Chocolate's title track is indeed stellar, probably my favorite on there as well.

All three are great. And what a drop-off after that.

I wonder when her collaboration with Ryan Adams is going to come out, they've been working on it for almost a year.

I really do love Barnett and Vile's "Continental Breakfast"

What a lovely tune, I keep going back to it.

That's a good tune, though I like Over Everything even more. That song has an amazing "flow", I can't describe it any other way. It's a trait that many Kurt Vile songs share.

Too bad there are a few boring songs on the album.

This one just popped up on rage. Great video and balance of catchiness with well thought out lyrics if that's your thing.

I listened to the whole Spinifex Gum record, and it's kind of a shame that this track is quite obviously the standout. The rest didn't do it for me nearly as much.

That Dog should have been more popular. This shit is awesome, especially if you're a fan of Liz Phair, Teenage Fanclub, Superchunk, etc:

Didn't want this news passing by unremarked upon:

Paul Buckmaster, Arranger for Bowie and Elton John, Dead at 71 - Rolling Stone

This guy deserves a special place in rock history just for his work on those handful of classic tunes. Moonlight Mile is my favorite Stones track.

Definitely a notable passing. RIP.

Also when reading the article, noticed this typo slipped by the fine, detail oriented editors at Rolling Stone:

The muted French horns and other woodwinds that underscored Guns N' Roses "Madagascar" made that the moist listenable song on the messy Chinese Democracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom