Random Music Talk CXXI: Not this time, Crappy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
why why the fucking fuck are Tears for Fears covering Creep? that was atrocious :angry:

Saw them play it live and it was perfectly fine, actually fit in really well with the surrounding material from The Hurting. :shrug:

No mention of Fats Domino's passing? I've never listened to him, but obviously hugely influential and important. Been seeking out a few tracks, and they're pretty bloody amazing for what they are. The Fat Man, for example.

If you'd asked me if he was still alive I would've guessed he died before I was born.

Missed the Torres conversation. Strange Hellos is amazing of course, but Three Futures from the new album might be my favorite song of hers.

I don't think she pulled off the more electronic direction as gracefully as her heavier alt rock stuff, but there are some good songs on there.

If you'd asked me if he was still alive I would've guessed he died before I was born.

If you told me he died on the plane with Buddy Holly and the Big Bopper, I would have believed you.

Saw them play it live and it was perfectly fine, actually fit in really well with the surrounding material from The Hurting. :shrug:

this must've been a particularly bad performance then! i actually love Tears for Fears normally :lol:

They've been doing it forever. I saw them in 1996 and they covered it then too

wow really?

i saw Roland(? the one with the long brown hair) at a bonfire party in the 90s - i should have had words with him! (although at the time i had no clue, and just thought he strangely had a familiar face hahaha)

No mention of Fats Domino's passing? I've never listened to him, but obviously hugely influential and important. Been seeking out a few tracks, and they're pretty bloody amazing for what they are. The Fat Man, for example.

Certainly an important figure in the early days of rock n roll, sad to hear of him passing, though 89 isn't too bad.

I don't think she pulled off the more electronic direction as gracefully as her heavier alt rock stuff, but there are some good songs on there.

That's an interesting point, but thinking about it, I feel the opposite. While I like Sprinter a lot, some of the heavier parts sound a bit forced to me, more so Three Futures.

No one talking about a surprise new Fever Ray album? You should all eat poops. Stinky ones.

God damn, this Protomartyr album is really something. If I recall correctly it has been praised before in this thread. A must-listen for every post-punk fan.

For me too.

Their frontman has a unique delivery with some interesting lyrics on top of that.

I wish I could get the hype about Protomartyr but... they're just not very good.

It's a rare genre where I prefer older to newer output, but early eighties post-punk is so far ahead of what sits under that umbrella today, it's not funny.

Maybe you could discuss The Other Album in The Other Place

Anyone listen to the new Julien Baker? I think it's a hauntingly beautiful record that dives even deeper into her pain and struggles, but also leaves a hint of hope. It's one of the most cathartic, impactful listening experiences I've had this year.

Anyone listen to the new Julien Baker? I think it's a hauntingly beautiful record that dives even deeper into her pain and struggles, but also leaves a hint of hope. It's one of the most cathartic, impactful listening experiences I've had this year.

I have, definitely need a much closer listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom