Random Music Talk CXXI: Not this time, Crappy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite enjoy the new Moz single. Lovely on the ear. It took me by surprise.

I was expecting something far more coarse and blatant, in the same shape as the ridiculous title track (and lead single) from the last album.

Yup. "Rejoice" by Julien Baker is not only the best song ever written with the title "Rejoice" it is also the best song ever written in human history period.

Listening to Let It Bleed this morning. Observation: when Mick sings "love sister" near the end of Gimme Shelter, his voice reminds me of Achtung Baby era Bono for that tiny section.

Big Thief, BadBadNotGood, and ANIMAL COLLECTIVE tonight! Let's go!

Was front row for Thundercat. He is relentless and so is his band. His drummer is killer. And he is obviously one of the most talented bassists I've ever seen in person. He also was wearing a red Dodgers cap, red Chuck Taylors with comic book character pins and patches all over them, red boxers, and a Punisher t shirt.

But Julien Baker was so much more wonderful! What a beautiful player and singer. Heard pretty much the entirety of the old album and what seemed like the majority of the new one. She also had funny and awkward stage banter which was sorely lacking from Thundercat. Dude didn't say a word other than introducing his band.

I hear that but for one other surfer, you'd be the most-filmed of all time.

:doh:

she's the most televised environmentalist, bro. show some respect.

She's both, get it right! Hell, we better use her proper title, Queen of Surfing. I'm assuming there's also an "Empress of Carving the Waves" in there somewhere too.

It's Mick Jagger paying homage to Bono much like Morrissey on Satellite of Love.

Still the best thread I've ever seen on here. Insane the dude refused to admit he didn't know the song was originally by Lou Reed.

It's Mick Jagger paying homage to Bono much like Morrissey on Satellite of Love.

I hadn't listened to much Rolling Stones until after I was very familiar with U2's catalog, so for me when I hear that line, it makes me think of Achtung Baby and not the other way around. :hmm:

Animal Collective was cool and I was front row but I was really wasted and only recognized like two songs.

I don't remember if there are any other fans of The Horrors in here. The new album - V - is pretty good. Not like Primary Colours good, but good nonetheless. Peter Gabriel-esque is the best drunken comparison I can come up with at the moment.

It's their...third best? Better than the debut or Luminous. Very worthwhile and I could see it growing on me. It got better as it went along.

I don't really remember the debut. Maybe I'll give it a spin tonight. But the new one is definitely better than Luminous. "Still Life" off Skying is a fantastic song.

I like the most recent Tim Hecker. Is this the first music taste thing iyup and I have in common? Perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom