Random Music Talk CXXI: Not this time, Crappy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i randomly came across this electronica producer named Pertubator and i really liked his music.
Oh cool, I've never really known anyone that's listened to them before. I get a really good 80s action movie soundtrack atmosphere out of their stuff.

Oh cool, I've never really known anyone that's listened to them before. I get a really good 80s action movie soundtrack atmosphere out of their stuff.

yeah his newest stuff (which came out pretty recently, like less than a week ago) and it's still like synth wave mixed with hard hitting beats and lots of dynamics. it's not the most original or best thing I've listened to but I like it. it's exciting.

Nah, Perturbator is cheesy as hell.

yeah but people here like new LCD Soundsystem album and i felt it was cheesy and too nostalgia-driven at times, so......

i do acknowledge that Pertubator is very cheesy but this album was actually quite non-cheesy

I keep forgetting just how good this year's album by Cloud Nothings is. Their best, for sure.

It's fucking great and it better not go forgotten on year-end lists.

I prefer their previous album but the new one is pretty good as well. I'm unsure if I like the "cleaner" direction they've taken but the songs are still good. Enter Entirely is one of my favorite songs of the year and it might be Cloud Nothings' best.

The album will probably be somewhere at the tail-end of my list.

Seeing reports that Grant Hart of Husker Du has died?!

Hell and he's only 56...

Jesus.

I didn't get into Husker Du until after hearing Bob Mould's Sugar in the early 90s, but they put together some great, seminal albums that can't be undervalued.

yeah i saw it updated on Bob Mould's facebook page as well. considering how young they are, they must've been super young when they actually made all of these Husker Du albums

Been thinking about it, what my fav records of the year so far are. I've got a pretty solid top six atm:

LCD Soundsystem - American Dream
Kardajala Kirridara - Kardajala Kirridara
Los Campesinos! - Sick Scenes
Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever - The French Press
Gang of Youths - Go Farther in Lightness
Tyler - Scum Fuck Flower Boy

And it's SO nice to have Aussie artists in there, THREE times. AND one of them being Indigenous. A few albums I need to spend more time with that could be in there are Lorde, National, Grizzly Bear, Ali Barter, and a few like Freddie Gibbs, Sampha, Visible Cloaks that are all easily top 10.

Destroyer, Mount Kimbie, Julien Baker, Torres with releases soon that could very easily land in there.

Tears for Fears is fucking amazing live. The version of Memories Fade that they're doing is monstrous and the setlist as a whole is super varied and flows great. Absolutely see them if you have the chance. They sound so much more vital than most of their contemporaries.

Hall and Oates were after them and were also solid, though the middle of the set was full of (really good) ballads and dragged a bit. The musicianship was top notch and the vocals are mostly still good, though Darryl Hall was struggling a bit with the high notes on I Can't Go for That. The encore was all of their corniest pop songs in a row and it was a blast.

Definitely worth $80.

I now own a super 90s esque The Hurting t-shirt. My life is complete.

I love Tears for Fears so much. Trying hard to figure out if they or New Order are my favorite Jew Wave band... Toughest choice of my life?

I hope I gave you all a good laugh today. I forgot all about this until just now and definitely got another chuckle out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom