Radiohead: The King of Limbs, Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that one is hauntingly beautiful. It's the song that made me start playing piano, and it remains the most enjoyable thing for me to play.

That's half the reason I bought Amnesiac; I heard the live version and thought well there's gonna be one gorgeous track on here at least. Turns out I couldn't have been more wrong (regarding Spinning Plates. Pyramid Song of course is transcendent.)

Spinning Plates live is absolutely gorgeous.

Cobbler, I was fishing around for any tour rumours, because I find it odd that we have not heard (well, I haven't, anyway) one thing from the band since the album release.

I stumbled on this, which was one week before the surprise album announcement. Have you heard anything to this effect?

Radiohead tour on target for Australia? on FasterLouder.com.au

I haven't, though fasterlouder is a pretty good site. It's a half decent sign but I take it with more than a few grains of salt.

They owe us a tour, and they owe me Weird Fishes.

What song from Amnesiac do we think is square in the middle of solemole's posted graph?

Spinning Plates is probably my favourite song on Amnesiac, behind Pyramid Song. It's an incredible track, the most unique of vocal melodies over a throbbing rhythm. This song is felt, not heard.

We Suck Young Blood ranks as one of the worst songs I haver ever had the displeasure of listening to... Just personally, it's atrocious and hurts my ears. I have no option but to skip the track.

I think "We Suck Young Blood" is even more disappointing because you have that really intriguing part at 3:00 where the pace picks up and it looks like it's going to go in a cool direction. But no, it just returns to the the dirge of a song it was to begin with.

I never knew there was a booklet behind the Kid A CD until just recently. It's going to bug me terrifically for the next few weeks until I get access to it again.

We Suck Young Blood ranks as one of the worst songs I haver ever had the displeasure of listening to... Just personally, it's atrocious and hurts my ears. I have no option but to skip the track.

My sentiments exactly.

I never knew there was a booklet behind the Kid A CD until just recently. It's going to bug me terrifically for the next few weeks until I get access to it again.

Get access to it again? Did someone have to help you get to it? Or does yours have a time lock?

When Kid A came out, it was still fairly common for there to be at least imagery printed on that inside label. So checking under the tray if you could see something in the little hole was routine for me. And I think with Kid A you could easily tell there was something underneath.

Sneaky bastards.

Get access to it again? Did someone have to help you get to it? Or does yours have a time lock?

When Kid A came out, it was still fairly common for there to be at least imagery printed on that inside label. So checking under the tray if you could see something in the little hole was routine for me. And I think with Kid A you could easily tell there was something underneath.

Sneaky bastards.

My CDs, as antiquated relics of a long bygone era, are where all such items are stored: at my parents' home.

but I far prefer the mental image of it being buried somewhere on a tall, perilous mountain. Rally the climbers, we set out at dawn!

I like We Suck Young Blood. It's middle of the pack on Hail To The Thief to me.

This album has definitely grown on me from the first listen (this is quite good) to now (beautiful in all levels).

not sure this album will get nearly as many spins as their other albums. i think more often than not i'll just play Codex and Separator. i'm not a big fan of Lotus Flower.

A forum search reveals that May 4th is Friggin' Cobbler Day. u2popmofo is a visionary.

I like We Suck Young Blood. It's middle of the pack on Hail To The Thief to me.

Strangely, everyone here liked it when the album first came out. It probably had the most quoted lyrics of any song on the album. Only in recent years has it become popular here to bash it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom