Radiohead Discussion Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thom went to the climate summit thing. Cool! How'd it go, Thom?

well ... i am truly disgusted about the way things have ended here. if you read in tommorrows headlines that a deal was reached?? remember it was nothing like what was needed and was filed by a bored complicit press who needed to show something for two weeks of crap.. and that it reflected the wests inability to lead decisively.
that it will make alarm bells ring throughout the world.
we have no international agreement. this is all too too late.
i feel deeply traumatized by the whole experience. if you'd been there you would also have been.

Thom

... Oh.

in the studio! great news!

Can't wait for the tour...:hyper:

one of the best performances of the decade I am watching now, Their performance at Bonnaroo 2006....:drool: ftw!

thom is the most animated I have ever seen him.. Think they were quite jazzed to be there.

Can't wait to hear the new album, Although its gonna be tough to stand up next to In Rainbows, one of the greatest albums ever made IMO!!! I loved Harry Patch (In Memory Of) but wasn't a fan of These Are My Twisted Words at all, it was little like the bad side of Amnesiac for me, Ed said they are really excited about the music they are making and that the mood in the camp is great, hopefully they produce another gem, what a band!!!!! so consistent!!!!

We feel way more empowered in terms of our art and what we're doing. We have been rehearsing for the last four weeks, for this new record. And we are in a very different place, a very new place. I don't know if this is relevant, but I was talking with [drummer] Philip [Selway] three days ago about this. We were saying, 'What's different?' And one of the things is we do things without fear. [...] The thing that is different about In Rainbows is that it was an album from the heart. It was a lot warmer. And from what I'm making out in the rehearsal room now, there are still elements of that. [...] I'm an eternal optimist, but I truly believe we can shift massively on this [next] record. That's the thing we all know, that we feel in our bellies as we're rehearsing-- we're on a big move here.

Ed sounds pleased.

This is cool.* Thom Yorke co-hosting radio show. Listening now.

BBC - BBC Radio 1 Programmes - Gilles Peterson

Pitchfork: News

* and yet what he's playing is making me feel incredibly uncool

thombbc.jpg

They'd better come to Australia whenever they next tour. Seems crap to me that they haven't come here for so long. I'd love to see them live.

Hopefully in the studio this time they can come up with more than 10 songs! I liked In Rainbows a lot but felt it was too short. And yes I did pay for it.

Less is more. I'm glad they trimmed out In Rainbows. Hail To the Thief's biggest sin was precisely the fact there were at least 4 tracks too many on it.

Less is more. I'm glad they trimmed out In Rainbows. Hail To the Thief's biggest sin was precisely the fact there were at least 4 tracks too many on it.

i can agree with that, even though i prefer HTTT over In Rainbows.

Yeah, that's what I meant about feeling uncool. This music is way too cool for me but I love it. He plays this one song that he said he got obsessed with driving around LA late at night - let me know if you catch the artist/song info - I loved it. He also plays some great jazz later on.

never mind, found the tracklist:

it's listed at the bottom of the page: BBC - BBC Radio 1 Programmes - Gilles Peterson, Co-hosted by Thom Yorke
Tracklist

1. Christoph de Babalon — Are You Talking To Me?

Cross Fade Entertainment

2. Floating Points — People's Potential

Eglo

3. Floating Points — Vacuum Boogie

Eglo

4. Pangaea — Why

Hessle

5. Darkstar — Need You

Hyperdub

6. Gil Scott-Heron — I’ll take Care Of You

XL

7. Charles Mingus — Mood Indigo

His Master’s Voice

8. Sun Ra — On Jupiter

Art Yard

9. MF DOOM — Great Day (Fourtet remix)

Domino

10. Jay Electronica — Exhibit C

Society

11. Shadows Of Tomorrow — Madlib & Quasimoto

Pinnacle

12. Los Silvertones — Carman

Soundway

13. Can — Oh Yeah

United Artists

14. George Russell — Electonic Sonata For Souls Loved By Nature Part 1

Flying Dutchman/Atco

15. Blaqstarr & Diplo — Get Off (The Rob 3 remix)

Mad Decent Protocol

16. South Rakkas Crew — Mad Again (Boy 8 Bit Mix)

Mad Decent

17. Rockwell — Unknown Track

18. Alex Cortex — Huyendo Part 2

Klang Elektronik

19. Milton Nascimento — Pao E Agua

EMI

20. Clinic — Distortions

Domino

21. Dam-Funk — Searching For Funk's Future

Stones Throw

22. Brad Mehldau — Everything In It's Right Place

Nonesuch

23. João Gilberto — Aguas de Marco

i don't really follow Radiohead news, but is there any talk about what direction they're going for their next album? while i respect In Rainbows, i really hope it has a different feel to it.

That's cool he played Distortions, but saying you're playing dubstep and not playing a single Burial track is pretty weak.

Back
Top Bottom